Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,551

0 members and 1,551 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Taste the rainbow!

My great aunt and uncle rescue and raise birds and they came up from arizona to see us for a few weeks in PA and they brought us a Sun Conure! He was rescued from a man that abandoned him when he got sent to jail and they rehabilitated him and now he is sweet and barely bites lol he is named Skittles and he is already bonding with my bf Matt!

Thanks for looking

Thanks

Re: Taste the rainbow!

im not that into birds really (mostly cause of the noise), but that things super cool looking
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Thanks
    Thanks! He hasn't been really loud at all yet...he just kind of softly croaks to himself like an old man lol I want to start clicker training him so we can bond

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Roommate had one, fun but annoying bird at the same time lol. I can't stand their panic scream and that bird was afraid of everything. "Big cowboy hat thats been in the same room as me since I moved in a month ago, but today I think its going to eat me *SCREECH!!!*"

Hopefully yours isn't as scared of everything. When she wasn't screaming, she was pretty cool.

Thanks

Cool Panic scream!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    Roommate had one, fun but annoying bird at the same time lol. I can't stand their panic scream and that bird was afraid of everything. "Big cowboy hat thats been in the same room as me since I moved in a month ago, but today I think its going to eat me *SCREECH!!!*"

Hopefully yours isn't as scared of everything. When she wasn't screaming, she was pretty cool.

My wife and I have a female Sun Conure named "Chachi" and the other day their "Panic Scream" saved us from loosing her! My wife caught fire to our oven and smoked out the house, so we took the kids outside along with the bird! "Chachi" startled and flew into a near by tree..when my wife attempted to clinb the tree to get her the bird flew off! We searched the neighbor hood for hours and finally had to give up! Right before dark my wife went to our bedroom window yelling outside for her and after the 3rd yell my wife heard Chachi doing her "Panic Scream" from 2 blocks away! We ran to were she was and she was talking to us along with screaming for us to find her! So we brought her home and she went right to bed!

I hate the "Panic Scream" she does it when one of the kids is acting like they ar going to smack her with something or when she dont recognize a person coming to the house! But very happy that she did it so we could find her!

Thought I would share that story, cuz it just happened last weekend!
    Visit my website: WWW.JCHREPTILES.WEBS.COM

Thanks
    Wow that's a pretty awesome story! Skittles does not seem to be afraid of anything, he's met a ton of new people this weekend and my dog and he seems pretty happy just to hang out on top of his cage and watch everyone do their thing

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 993 Posts
    Very pretty parrot! A friend of mine has two. They can be really loud at times. I have a quaker parrot that can be quite loud too
    1.0 Normal (Rocko)
    1.0 Mojave (Mac)
    1.0 Pastel Ghost (Zeus)
    0.1 Spider (Zarah)
    1.0 Butter (Jagger)
    0.1 Coral Albino Boa (Josslynn)
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa (Cee Lo)
    Black Cat Nivea)
    Dachshund (Isabella) (Murphy) (Lilli)
    Mixed Breed (Heidi)

Thanks

Re: Taste the rainbow!

Quote Originally Posted by DellaF View Post
    Very pretty parrot! A friend of mine has two. They can be really loud at times. I have a quaker parrot that can be quite loud too
    I know how you feel i have a young quaker and she can get loud when shes upset

Thanks
    He got upset today, it is snowing here and the bird is from Arizona and opening and closing the door has caused drafts and he started squawking and he was cold so I put him upstairs because we lost power and were setting up the generator and the doors were getting opened a lot... So I brought him upstairs where it is nice and warm and he started cooing again and is happy he makes this funny sound when he is content that sounds like a frog...I love it!