Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,737

2 members and 2,735 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Some of the information that is being posted about this event is not true, but oh well. One day we will all loose our rights to own "exotics".
    Lotsa Balls and more

http://www.tessadasexotics.com/

Thanks

Re: Ohio Animals That Escaped Are All Dead....

...Or those of us who live relatively nearby are getting a more accurate report on the situation by speaking with people first hand? Not that the media scews facts though.
    Last edited by DemmBalls; 10-20-2011 at 06:05 PM.
    -Jordan

Balls
    0.1 Pinstripe.............................1.0 DH Lavender Snow
    0.2 PH Lavender Albino.............0.1 Bumblebee
    0.1 Pastel PH Ghost..................1.0 Pastel Het Ghost
    0.2 PH Ghost (Twins)................1.0 Cinnamon
    0.1 Het TSK Axanthic................1.3 Mojave
    0.1 Het Albino..........................1.0 Albino PH Pied
    1.1 Het Pied.............................1.0 Dinker
    1.2 Normal...............................1.0 Pastel Lesser

Boa
    0.1 Super Salmon Het Sunglow

Check us out at: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dem...13090085417762

Registered User Amon Ra Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemmBalls View Post
    ...Or those of us who live relatively nearby are getting a more accurate report on the situation by speaking with people first hand? Not that the media scews facts though.
    Thank you

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3ofSwords View Post
    Who does stuff like that?

That man had mental issues and the animals suffered for it sad.
    Are you kidding me?! It has yet to be proven that he even comitted suicide! let alone released those animals.

It has been noted that locks were cut on some of the enclosures.

What sheriff CLUTZ did was 1000% wrong!

I know for a fact that this past January arrangements were being made to transport the animals to another facility, but sherrif Clutz wouldn't allow it.
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    Personally I DO NOT buy the idea that the guy cut the pens open instead of opening the access to the pens. There's no reason for the OWNER to cut the fences, instead of opening the gates and access panels. That would have been the easier thing to do, right? Why would he go through the extra time of cutting through pens instead?

Maybe he did kill himself... perhaps he killed himself after discovering all his animals set loose? Maybe he was killed trying to stop people from cutting open his pens? I'm certain the public will never hear the truth.

If people did kill animals that were not only still ON the property but also still INSIDE their enclosures, then that's a whole different story that the media will never show. No, the sherriffs or deputies should NOT have "rounded up" or captured the animals. They are not trained to handle the animals. But if it's INSIDE it's enclosure, it's not loose and there was no danger. Closing a gate or pen door is not dangerous.

ANY of the animals mentioned(I don't know if there were more species not listed) that were OFF the property and killed, yes, I suport them killing those. A tiger is too dangerous to allow it to roam around, or expect ANY inexperianced person to capture. If someone experianced can get there to try tranqualizing or capturing it, then great. But when a tiger, bear, lion or babboon is loose and around people, it does need to be stopped. No, you can't just tranq a tiger without training. No, you can't "shoo" a lion back home.

I absolutely lost any respect I had for Hanna when he went on TV immediately saying that because of this situation, they need to outlaw exotics and the sales, etc. Really?? Jack, when will you outlaw dogs? How many people were killed in this incident? None? How many killed by dogs this year? Yeah... thought so.

Also, if the guy had so many instinces of abuse, neglect etc... then why was he still allowed to have the animals? They would have taken the animals, wouldn't they? Or was it complaints that they couldn't do anything about because there was no legitimate reason to take the animals?

I saw Jack Hanna say outright several times that he had NEVER been on the property or visited it. Then he's saying how bad the conditions were, in details that he never saw himself, since he never had been there! Come on! And of course the media will be up in arms about "exotic" ownership, since they're all on PETA and HSUS side anyway.

It's infuriating. I would like to thank ANYONE who is local who has more first hand info rather than the media junk being blown out of proportion.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks
    Well I wasn't talking about the deputies rounding up or capturing what animals were lose. But they could have called the people from The Wilds to help. They have experience with those kinds of animals.

Thanks

Such a sad story, although who knows what really happened. At the end of the day, those poor animals have suffered because of human ignorance. As a resident of Ohio, it's especially a sad day in the world of exotics. I am surprised that the Cincinnati zoo wasn't involved, as they have experience with these animals and I wish they would have helped.

I don't live in Zanesville, but I would like to hope that the local law enforcement did what they felt was necessary to prevent people from being injured or killed. Better to act quickly, than to act too late. I think people are very quick to point fingers at police officers when bad things happen, but just remember, there are a lot of cops out there on the streets every day protecting YOU. And there are a lot of wives and husbands of officers, including myself, who have to live with the fact that their loved one is on the streets risking their lives for strangers, when they could be home with their families working an easy 9 to 5 desk job making more money instead.

At the end of the day, everyone wants to point fingers, but its nobodies fault but the man who owned the animals. Such a tragedy...
    Casey Schneider

Thanks
    For the record I want to say that I am in no way downplaying the importance of law enforcement or the heroic efforts of the men and women who choose to put their lives on the line each and every day to protect us. I have three brothers one is a city police officer in Zanesville and the other two are deputies in muskingum county, I am the only non peace officer of the family (I chose fire and Ems and became a paramedic). So I too understand the fear of getting a phone call telling me I have lost a loved one. However, that does not make these people infallible and what sheriff Lutz did was flat out wrong. I posted what I posted because I KNOW what happened on that farm and I KNOW several of the animals killed were NO threat. They shot tiger cubs! CUBS! Good thing they protected us from those huh? I also am not down playing Terrys part in this he is where the blame lies first and foremost but as my mother always told me "two wrongs dont make a right".

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts
    There were qualified people that came to help, but cLutz said he had the situation under control. I hope he fries in hell for what he did.
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    I think that sheriff has just been waiting for an excuse from the sounds of things.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123