Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,061

4 members and 3,057 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Should People Be Allowed to Keep Exotic Animals

voted yes

spooky

Thanks

I think people should be allowed to keep exotics, now if we are talking about hots thats a little different. I think people should still be allowed to keep hots WITH the proper documentation and liscense. I plan on keeping a hot snake or two someday.
    1.0 Green Anaconda-(No Name)
    0.1 Dumerils Boa-(Pandora)
    0.1 Leucistic Texas Rat-(Luna)
    1.0 Albino Texas Rat-(Jolly)
    1.0 Hypo Everglades Rat-(Koba)
    0.0.2 Black Rat-(Bonne & Clyde)
    1.0 Ornate Nile Monitor-(Dracula)
    0.0.1 Green Bottle Blue Tarantula-(No Name)

R.I.P. Shebah

Thanks

Voted yes..

Exotics animals make some of the greatest pets.. why we shouldn't be allowed to have them I've never understood, yes lions and tigers are different then burms rattlesnakes and even BP's. But in the end ANY animals has some amount of danger in owning. If they're going to ban exotics then why not ban cats and dogs? Or just take all of our rights all together And let us own nothing. Our pets an our community suffer blows constantly not just from people who have no idea what they're doing and juwt want to be noticed, but from.politicians who only seek re-election and have nothing else they can attack.... only as a community can we keep what rights we have left!
    1.0 Pied Ball Python (Rumple Stillkins) 2.0 Normal Ball (Simba) (legolas) 1.0 Pastel Ball (Isildur) 0.1 Normal Het? (Sarabi RIP 2013) 1.0 Burmese Python (Sephiroth) 0.1 Granite Burmese Python 1.0 Albino Burmese Python 1.0 Tiger Retic (Steve Irwin RIP 2012) 0.1 Lavender Albino Tiger (RIP 2012) 1.0 Spider Ball Python Spidey 1.0 Pewter Ball (pew pew) 0.1 Cinnamon Ball (Cinny) 1.0 Lavender Albino Retic (Old Yeller) 0.1 High Contrast Albino Retic (Sunshine) 0.1 BCI (Ruby)

Here I Stand, The Black Sheep Of The Family, To you, Worth Less Then Zero. A Chef And A Reptile Lover. Yet, Reptiles Are Not A Hobby, But A Way Of Life.

BPnet Senior Member WingedWolfPsion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,134 Posts
    It's Fox, did you really expect anything like a fair assessment?
    --Donna Fernstrom
    16.29 BPs in collection, 16.11 BP hatchlings
    Eclipse Exotics
    http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
    Author Website
    http://donnafernstrom.com
    Follow my Twitters: WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics

Thanks
    yes... and no, people who want to jump on the bandwagon and try to be cool or something and end up releasing them into the wild, or some retard who thinks it cute to take pictures of an infant and a 13 foot snake... no. People like me and I'm sure you who have a love for these animals and cater to their every need and are responsable with their animals... yes. In my 34 some years of loving these animals I have never been irresponsable with my animals.

Thanks

I didn't take time to read all the way through the posts, so I hope this isn't a repeat. I think the problem is that there can be 50 years of peace, where no one gets hurt by any exotic animal, and one bad incident can cause such an uproar that causes everyone to over-react and say that they are all dangerous. Look at statistical facts, what do you think causes more injuries in a year, dogs or snakes? Yet dogs arent getting banned "except pit bulls which is a whole other rant I wont start, even though its moreso the owners fault" I think the problem is that too many irresponsible people get these pets and have no way of properly taking care of them. I may be dumb, but I think its a good idea to own a license to own giant snakes. Make people go through a class taught by a qualified, experienced person so they can become EDUCATED about certain animals to make a much more informed decision about getting one. Once they go through the class, then they get a license to legally own one. Thank God we have to go through hunters safety courses to get a hunters license, otherwise there would be a lot of uneducated people out there being stupid. People who say "all exotics are dangerous" obviously need to be educated about the facts...its just ignorance because they dont understand or know all the animals.....hope this makes sense because I had SO many ideas popping through my head.
    -Joe

1.0 100% Het. Albino
    1.0 Pastel
    0.1 Fire
    1.0 Pinstripe
    1.0 Purple Albino Retic

Single Serving Friend jsmorphs2's Avatar
    Thanks
    Keep voting . We can turn it around!
    ~Jessica~

Thanks
    I voted yes. I agree with the people above that said that a person should be able to own any animal as long as they can emotionaly, physically, and financially provide for it. I also agree that for the potentially dangerous species( big cats, bears, retics, ect.) people should have to get permits.
    What would one consider dangerous? Because dangerous could be considered simple biting or scratching. I've been bitten or scrached many more times by my kittens/cats, dogs and mice than by Lily(bp) , and the mouse only bit me once.

Thanks

Honestly, I do think people should have to take a test or something. Not that, THAT matters much...look at all the horrible drivers. Of course, i also think people should take a test or get a license to have kids. That would probably cut down on a few things
    14 snakes, 12 bugs, 1 skink, 1 frog, 2 dogs, and tons of fresh and saltwater fish. I've also begun snake rescue. What a ride!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jsmorphs2 View Post
    Keep voting . We can turn it around!
    oh we will whether they like it or not just wondering how much it matters on a poll put up in October, but I think at the rate we're going we will pass the no's up by tomorrow.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast