Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,998

2 members and 2,996 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Registered User Taxiballbreeder's Avatar
    Thanks

Help with choosing a rack

Well yet anouther question concerning racks. I am in process of setting up my snake room and am looking for sugestions on racks. I currently have some boaphile racks and cages and love them but, also I am looking for help choosing a poss. alternitive racking company. What my problem is as followed. I do love the boaphile racks I have, but there is a problem with them for what I want to do with this room. The need to have larger units to house the snakes I have and will be adding in the future. For adults the boaphile does make a 4 slot rack but the need for more is there. As for his hatchling rack it looks great but only has a 25 slot rack. I plan on expanding and growing out some of this years hatchlings I have purchased. I will need to find an alternitive company that offer larger style units for my needs.As for my solution to this problem I have looked into buying from ARS/Freedom Breeder/etc......And Vision. What my next problem is the fact that the ARS/Freedom Breeder companys charge so much for their wonderful products that is just not in a smaller scale breeder's budget. The Vision racks look nice and are priced well but the open style of their racks concern me. I do heat the snake room. Ambient temps. stay constant all year long at 82-84 degrees. I just don't know if they will flux out of control with this style of rack. I will take all sugestions into concern while choosing a rack. So does anyone use Vision in a similar situation. As for choosing these racks the cb 70, the v35 or the clearview (32 quart) and their table top or 60 tub hatchling rack. Do these seem like good choices for a breeders needs. Thank to everyone that responds-Just don't want to make bad decisions.

Thanks
    I have visions and love them. I also have a freedom breeder and i like the verstillity of the visions so much better. I have v35 and they work great for balls. My v18 is the best hatchling tub ive ever used. I like the clear look as well as its long so you can keep the hatchling in there till its 400 grams comfortablly. Now if you want to mix and match with bigger tubs scott can set it up where you have v35 as well as the cb70 style tubs. I talked to him last week and he said he can put together a rack that holds whatever tubs i want. I just have to figure it out how i want to mix it up. I also am becoming a bigger fan of the heat cable they use as well cause i can manipulate it. Versatillity is the key with those racks
    [IMG][/IMG]

BPnet Veteran The Serpent Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,300 Times in 2,344 Posts
    I like the Animal Plastics Racks

Thanks
    i pickep up a boamaster rack last weekend and so far its been really nice and was super easy to assemble.

Thanks

Re: Help with choosing a rack

I actually just found this site. LPRACKS.COM. They make plastic racks using heat cable and are reasonably priced. Im actually considering ordering one myself. They were featured on both Kingsnake.com and worldofballpythons.com so I would assume they are somewhat reputable.

150 AND COUNTING...