Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,083

3 members and 3,080 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Anyone on here waiting for deer season?

Anyone on here hunt? If so where? for what? And what do you use (Shotgun, bow, rifle)?

Im in Orlando, This will be my first time hunting period and I chose deer. I picked up a remmington .243 with a bushnell scope & a mossy tactical 12 ga. (I know not the best but got a smokin deal on it). I am looking for a nice compund bow tho. Anyone know any good spots? That you dont have to lease?
    0:1 GF
    1:1 Blk lab/ Pom
    1:0 BumbleBee
    1:1 Yellow belly
    0:1 Cinnamon
    2:3 Pastel
    1:1 Mojave
    0:1 Spider
    1:2 Het albine
    0:6 Normal
    0:1 Blackback
    And also on the hunt...

Thanks

Re: Anyone on here waiting for deer season?

i have always wanted to go hunting but havent been able to, and from what i know the .243 is great for deer. i have decided that in my case i want my first of each animal to be with a bow, but you can do what you want. and sorry i dont know any spots, i live as far away from you as you could get excluding Hawaii and Alaska, good luck though, i hope you get a nice one!
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Thanks

I currently live in CA but a couple years ago I lived in NH with my family. I always loved hunting. Ive got one 6 point buck. That was one of the first times i ever went. I used a shotgun. After that, I went turkey hunting more than anything. I loved that. I used my compound bow, and it was amazing how silent it is. The other turkeys dont even hear it ussually. lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts
    We hunt deer, hog, duck, turkey, bear & elk. we've hunted ga, ill, nm,tx, the dakotas, and of course fl . I use a .30-06 and a 20 guage shotgun. I can't bow hunt cause of a bad shoulder, and refuse to use a crossbow.
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks
    ^^Why do you refuse? lol not everyone is allowed to use one...

I would like to find a nice compound bow. But until I find one I like I'll use what I already have. Im going this week to get my draw length, and such at basspro. So it may help out a bit with my hunt for the bow.

I was informed that I can hunt on managment property. So I'll find some of them. But im sure there are spot that people have luck with, And places they hate. I do want to get some turkey's. Know any good spots for turkey? I dont mind a little trip. Orlando probably isnt going to be my best bet...
    0:1 GF
    1:1 Blk lab/ Pom
    1:0 BumbleBee
    1:1 Yellow belly
    0:1 Cinnamon
    2:3 Pastel
    1:1 Mojave
    0:1 Spider
    1:2 Het albine
    0:6 Normal
    0:1 Blackback
    And also on the hunt...

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I hunt deer and wild hogs on my property. Typically I will use a 264 mag, 30-06, or a 300 win mag depending on what and where I am hunting. I really want to get back into Bow hunting again but I need a new sidearm before I need a bow.. So instead of a Mathews z7 I'm gunna aim for a Kimber 1911.

This cold air has moved in and I'll be honest I'm looking forward to the sounds of the woods as the sun comes up on a frosty morning in November.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 952 Posts

I'll be heading up to Northwestern Pa for the opening of Muzzleloader next week. It's Antlerless only, but it is a good time to get the final scouting in for Buck in Nov\Dec. I use my 7MM Mag during reg rifle season. My boy will be going out with me for his second year of PA's mentoring program. We picked him up a bolt 30/30 last year. Taking him out squirrel hunting Monday also. Love this time of year!
    Last edited by PghBall; 10-08-2011 at 09:31 PM.
    - Greg

Visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/412Balls/

or our website: http://412balls.weebly.com/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quikcobra View Post
    a mossy tactical 12 ga. (I know not the best but got a smokin deal on it).
    What's wrong with the Mossberg tactical 12 gauge? Haha I just bought one today. Nice gun. It's not really "for hunting" but it's fun to shoot for sure and has tons of add ons possible. How much did u get yours for and was it new or used? I got mine new for $350 out the door.

Thanks

Sometimes i wish we had the wild hogs up here like you guys do down south, sure would be fun to run some hounds on. we have a few locations around the state with a few wild ones so i figure in the future we will have them critters too.

I will be going out running our beagles on some bunnies tomorrow. I mostly just run beagles anymore and spring turkey hunt. I used to bear hunt, coyote hunt, and racoon hunt all with my big hounds. When gas started going up in price i got out of the big hounds since i had to drive about 3 hours to get into bear country. There is not much more exciting than a big bear in a tree looking down on you and knowing it could take you out if it wanted to too

nothing wrong with the mossbergs, i will have one of their turkey guns next year.

good luck and safe hunting to all

later, dave
    Last edited by dave g; 10-08-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts
    This might be my first season hunting. We'll see if I get any weekends off during the very short firearms season, otherwise perhaps muzzle-loader season?