Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,420

1 members and 3,419 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,534
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

pricing on morphs

I was wondering what the prices are particularly in the $2-$300 dollar range? I love pinstripes, cinnamon and anything with those morphs in it.

Thanks

Re: pricing on morphs

You mean you have not spent hundreds of hours on every breeders web sites , and Kingsnake classifieds and the classifieds on here? like I have. lol...
    I picked up a nice Albino male for $250 at a show.

Thanks
    The prices at shows are probablly gonna be the best your gonna find cause there is more wiggle room on the prices. But you dont always find what your looking for. In that price range you can pretty much get any single gene morph as a hatchling. As they get bigger so does the price. What i would do is first figure out what your objective is. Are you gonna breed or do you just want a cool looking pet? If your gonna breed then go after the components of your project and dont get blinded by all the good deals on other animals. This is very important if you are herpin on a budget
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thanks
    That price range is almost every common co-dom right now; lesser, butter, cinnamon, black pastel, pins, etc. Mojos, pastels, YBs are under that (thought for quality morphs from quality breeders will still cost you more, but you can't underestimate quality).

Hypos, maybe albinos (with right deal), can be had in that price range.
    Last edited by Blue Apple Herps; 09-27-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Ball Python Aficionado Adam Chandler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gpoop View Post
    I was wondering what the prices are particularly in the $2-$300 dollar range? I love pinstripes, cinnamon and anything with those morphs in it.
    Just to clarify, are you asking what morphs do you think you could reasonably buy with $200-300?

If so I recommend checking out what's available on the Kingsnake.com BP Classifieds and the BP.net Classifieds. Also recommend checking out what's available at a local Reptile Expo.
    Last edited by Adam Chandler; 09-27-2011 at 10:37 AM.
    "We are artists using locus and alleles as our paint; the ball python as our canvas" - Colin Weaver

Check out my Photoblog!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snake lab View Post
    What i would do is first figure out what your objective is. Are you gonna breed or do you just want a cool looking pet? If your gonna breed then go after the components of your project and dont get blinded by all the good deals on other animals. This is very important if you are herpin on a budget
    I'm looking for a pet that's a bit different from a normal ball. It will be my first snake as well.

Also, I haven't researched pricing because I've been busy learning how to care for them. I've probably be learning about their care on and off for about 5 years. Some things have changed so I want to soak up the most current knowledge before I buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Chandler View Post
    Just to clarify, are you asking what morphs do you think you could reasonably buy with $200-300?

Yes! Like I said I really like pinstripes and anything with cinnamon in it. I went to a reptile show this past Sunday. Here are a few pics I've taken with their prices.