Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,836

2 members and 2,834 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Trying at BloodBalls..

Quote Originally Posted by YOSEF View Post
    I was NOT " hating " on anyone. Ever since I joined this forum I have been respectful of ALL people.
    iv read your posts.... you have been very polite.
    spooky

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloodpython_MA View Post
    Www.hybridHaven.net
    For anyone LEGITIMATELY interested in hybrids.
    This is a blood python/short-tail python section.
    Not a hybrids section, thus anything involving other species isn't appropriate for this section, if you WANT to split hairs. JUST SAYING.
    I don't care if it's legitimately interesting, or your opinions on the matter(or my own). The VAST majority of short-tail python keepers HATE hybrids. It's not too long ago that these 3 species were OFFICIALLY separate and acknowledged as separate species.
    So try to understand why the majority of REAL short-tail keepers want to keep the species pure. Honestly, I'm not a "CRAZY PURIST" burn them at the stake kinda person. But to see people saying that are points aren't even valid, makes it a sad day in my book.

Thanks for the link, but as the OP was asking a question regarding a BLOOD and breeding said BLOOD, I think this topic is fine right where it is. It doesn't matter what the OP is breeding the blood to, they are still asking questions about that particular species.

If you don't like hybrids and don't like the thread, then don't read it. Its that simple. And that goes for everyone in here that is posting about their dislike of the hybrid. The OP has the right to post in this section about her snake.
    Under Construction.....

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jay_Bunny For This Useful Post:

CoolioTiffany (10-25-2011),minguss (12-09-2011),Thom Noble (10-26-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmack91 View Post
    i see it kinda like dogs, i personally love pit bulls and labs equally, but would much rather have a mix of the two
    Its not like dogs at all. Mixing morphs is like mixing dog breeds. Breeding a Coyote to a Dog is making a hybrid. A pit bull to a lab is just not the same thing.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Egapal For This Useful Post:

aahmn (10-26-2011),Annageckos (11-27-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmack91 View Post
    i see it kinda like dogs, i personally love pit bulls and labs equally, but would much rather have a mix of the two
    Its not like dogs at all. Mixing morphs is like mixing dog breeds. Breeding a Coyote to a Dog is making a hybrid. A pit bull to a lab is just not the same thing.

Thanks
    In all honesty, the breeding of different dog breeds can be more detrimental to the resulting offspring than hybridizing some snake species.

Take breathing challenged breeds for example. They've been bred for their looks, but they end up having horrible breathing problems, especially as they age. I've seen dogs like that struggling for breath just because they got excited, yet people think those breeds are so cute and wonderful. What about the big breeds like Great Danes that have heart problems. Or dogs that have hip problems or other genetic diseases.

My opinion on breeding snake hybrids is as long as the resulting offspring are healthy and can function normally I see no problem with breeding for hybrids. Of course the breeding and offspring should be carefully documented.
    Under Construction.....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay_Bunny For This Useful Post:

Egapal (10-24-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm a few days late to weigh in on some things, but better late than never, hmmm?

1. It's true that Tiff asked for advice on how to go about safely breeding two different species...she did not ask for opinions on whether it was a good idea or not. BUT...it's very common for threads to meander around in many different directions from their original topic. Within reason, there is nothing wrong with that.

2. We DO have a forum for "haters"...it's called QT. If you want to know more about it, PM me. If this thread were to veer waaayyyy off the path and turn into a mean-spirited peeing contest, then those specific posts may get pruned out and moved to QT. But just because people are expressing opposing opinions, and just because some are less diplomatic about it than others does NOT mean it needs moderator attention. We try not to stomp on people's legitimate opinions.

3. We could easily create a "hybrid only forum" for such discussions....but that would do absolutely nothing to stop the "haters" from continuing to express their opinions on the matter. In reality, the topic of hybrids is relatively rare and it would simply not gain enough traffic to make it worth the time and the site real-estate it would consume. I do not believe just because we had some forum labeled "hybrids" that suddenly everyone would be recording all their clutches and failures and keeping strict records about who bred what and who sold what to whom. It just doesn't work that way.

4. Tiffany is a very responsible young lady, judging by everything I've ever seen her post on here. I have no doubt that she could and would follow through with due diligence in both making sure her snakes are kept safe, as well as making sure the babies are well cared for, well documented, and sold to the right people.

5. It's my HOPE that Tiffany also realizes that starting a thread about hybrids, no matter what the original question was, is bound to invite dissenting opinions...and not all of them very nice. I hope she doesn't take it personally and I hope that she and others will realize that disagreements over always hotly debated subjects should not reflect poorly on BP.net as a whole.

Tiffany....good luck with whatever you decide to do! I hope you'll keep us up to date with it, but I can understand if you want to avoid these sort of tangential arguments that will pop up anytime anyone brings up hybrid threads.
    -- Judy

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

cmack91 (10-25-2011),CoolioTiffany (10-25-2011),dr del (10-26-2011),PitOnTheProwl (10-24-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,511 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post

4. Tiffany is a very responsible young lady, judging by everything I've ever seen her post on here. I have no doubt that she could and would follow through with due diligence in both making sure her snakes are kept safe, as well as making sure the babies are well cared for, well documented, and sold to the right people.
    2.0 Offspring, 1.1 Normal Ball Python, 1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 0.1 Albino Ball Python, 0.1 Pinstripe Ball Python, 0.1 Banana Ball Python, 1.0 Pied Ball Python, 1.0 Normal Hognose, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon, 0.0.1 G.pulchra, 0.1 P.metallica, 0.1 M.giganteus

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Skittles1101 For This Useful Post:

CoolioTiffany (10-25-2011)

Thanks

I didn't expect this to get 6 pages long .

Thanks JLC . I am in no way of taking any of this personally, as I did create the thread anyways .

Everyone has their own opinion and that's okay, some of us may or may not like hybrids.

But for those wanting to know how things have been going, I have only paired them once. The Blood was tail wagging and seemed very interested, but the Ball was busy checking out his surroundings. I may hold off with the breeding until Spring so I can get plenty of more meals in her and so she has her clutch at a later time than my Ball pythons do. Then the clutch can be monitored singularly in the incubator.

Also good luck to the others who are lurking around this project .
    Tiff'z Morphz

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CoolioTiffany For This Useful Post:

mr.spooky (12-09-2011),PitOnTheProwl (10-25-2011),Skittles1101 (10-25-2011)

Thanks

Here's a pic of her I took tonight, just sharin' a photo.
    Tiff'z Morphz

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CoolioTiffany For This Useful Post:

Skittles1101 (10-25-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CoolioTiffany View Post
    Here's a pic of her I took tonight, just sharin' a photo.
    she looks like she would make some nice superballs!
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to cmack91 For This Useful Post:

CoolioTiffany (10-25-2011)

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast