Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,260

3 members and 1,257 guests
Most users ever online was 5,577, 11-08-2019 at 08:53 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

Caspian163 (34)

» Stats

Members: 66,168
Threads: 240,936
Posts: 2,502,696
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, chelytoad
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-21-2014
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Images: 4

    Am I going crazy?

    Hello everybody,

    this is my second breeding season with my only ghost female so you can notice that I have almost no experience.
    This year everything was fine: regular matings, the female went off food on early May, there has been building and ovulation (16th of May according to my eye). Then on the week end of the 2nd of June she had the pre-laying shed, but unfortunately I'm not able to say when occurred because I took some days off with my family, but once at home on the 5th I could see the skin.
    Last year she gave my 5 wonderful eggs 30 days after the shed, this year 32-34 days have gone. Shall I start worrying? Asking me if I'm going crazy?
    I notice that she is more nervous moving around the cage several times in the day, but till now nothing. Does anybody can share his experience with me?

    Ciao

  2. #2
    BPnet Veteran JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-23-2015
    Location
    Everglades
    Posts
    3,033
    Thanks
    2,005
    Thanked 2,831 Times in 1,565 Posts
    Images: 76
    All my clutches have been at least a week late this year. I wouldn't worry. You will see movement like you are experiencing about a week before lay. You should be getting small amounts of white urate almost daily at this point.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

    Malestrom (06-01-2018)

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-21-2014
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Images: 4

    Re: Am I going crazy?

    Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    All my clutches have been at least a week late this year. I wouldn't worry. You will see movement like you are experiencing about a week before lay. You should be getting small amounts of white urate almost daily at this point.
    Yes indeed, so let's wait and thanks a lot

  5. #4
    Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-28-2006
    Posts
    24,298
    Thanks
    5,991
    Thanked 19,797 Times in 9,190 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images: 6
    While the average is to have eggs 27 to 30 days after a pre-lay it can vary depending on other factors such as heat, the animal itself etc, I have had eggs in the past 50+ days POS not this is not common and could be cause for concern even eggs that are 35 days POS could be cause for concern but that is where knowing your animal and experience comes to play.

    You need to make sure the animal shows a normal behavior, is not abnormally swelled up and does not appear distressed.
    Deborah Stewart

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-21-2014
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Images: 4

    Re: Am I going crazy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    While the average is to have eggs 27 to 30 days after a pre-lay it can vary depending on other factors such as heat, the animal itself etc, I have had eggs in the past 50+ days POS not this is not common and could be cause for concern even eggs that are 35 days POS could be cause for concern but that is where knowing your animal and experience comes to play.

    You need to make sure the animal shows a normal behavior, is not abnormally swelled up and does not appear distressed.
    According to what I see the female looks normal and not abnormally swelled, probably a little stressed but this can be considered part of the game as she should be pregnant.
    I will keep you informed.

    Ciao

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-18-2017
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Am I going crazy?

    My girl is 30 days today since last shed, no eggs yet but last week she was digging the substrate in the corners and roaming. She has now stopped and noticed she has been leaving little hard lumps of urate. She doesn't look as if she's got anything inside of her, I've got a feeling she'll slug out


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-21-2014
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Images: 4

    Re: Am I going crazy?

    When I woke up this morning I found 5 beautiful eggs, so finally everything was OK. Last year she delivered the same amount of eggs on the 9th of July, this yer a day earlier. Great!!

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Franz71 For This Useful Post:

    JodanOrNoDan (07-08-2017),Malestrom (06-01-2018),shaundouglass135 (07-08-2017)

  10. #8
    BPnet Veteran JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-23-2015
    Location
    Everglades
    Posts
    3,033
    Thanks
    2,005
    Thanked 2,831 Times in 1,565 Posts
    Images: 76

    Re: Am I going crazy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Franz71 View Post
    When I woke up this morning I found 5 beautiful eggs, so finally everything was OK. Last year she delivered the same amount of eggs on the 9th of July, this yer a day earlier. Great!!
    Awsome! Congrats. It sounded like she was real close.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1