Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 828

3 members and 825 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

Thread: got enchi ???

Thanks

got enchi ???

Just wondering if anyone could post a few pics of what is considered a good looking enchi and maybe a short explanation of what makes them a higher quality. Maybe a pic or 2 of normal looking enchi's. I am fairly new to BP's and actually have to find a snake or morph I dont like the look of which makes it difficult when it comes to shopping.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 1,090 Posts
    I'm not sure if mine is an A+ enchi or not, but here is my little guy:

Rebecca
    facebook ~ google+
    www.rawreptiles.com ~ RAW Reptiles on Facebook
    Snakes
    Ball Pythons ~ Hypo Jungle Boas ~ Bredlis ~ Carpet Pythons
    Lizards
    Crested Geckos ~ Chahouas ~ Bearded Dragon
    Furry Friends
    1.0 Black Lab (Orion)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kinra For This Useful Post:

Klyde1979 (09-15-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 1,016 Posts
    A higher quality Enchi will have a heavy reduction on the banding, high orange sides, no dots, little interconnection on the pattern and lots blushing.

An average quality Enchi will have decent banding, medium orange sides, dots, and some interconnected pattern with some blushing.

A low quality Enchi will have some banding, normal type dorsal striping, low orange sides, lots of dots, and a fairly interconnected pattern with no blushing.

People can have their own tastes but this is a fairly decent way to identify the quality of Enchi you are looking at in my opinion. People claim A+ Enchis but they are few and far between. Most of those are held back. I've actively been on the market for Enchis and have seen two that might qualify as A+ Enchis on the market in the past 6-9 months. I have purchased three Enchis (1.2) which are above average but not perfect A+ specimens (well, maybe the male). Here's some shots.

First Female - Good banding, high orange sides, reduced pattern, few spots, some blushing, above average but far from A+

Second Female (Black Back which dorsal pattern is accepted and desired) Really good banding, medium-high orange sides, lots of reduced pattern, very few spots, some decent blushing, overall well above average but again, not an A+

Male (Black Back which dorsal pattern is accepted and desired) Great banding, high orange sides, heavy reduction, no spots, and about as good as you are going to get on an Enchi. Close to an A+ specimen

Hope this might help a little!

Regards,

B

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simple Man For This Useful Post:

Klyde1979 (09-15-2011)

Thanks

Re: got enchi ???

Thanks, that does help quite a bit. I can see the banding and the dots pretty easy to understand that aspect. The whole color grading and high orange side thing still throws me a little. I hear people talking about wanting them as yellow as possible. How do these guys look as they age ? I definitly already have one on a truck bound for my house on Tuesday. I couldn't pass these guys first time I seen an enchi I knew I wanted one and the combo's these guys work into are just amazing. (I been drooling over BP videos on youtube for 3 years finally broke down and bought 2 pastels last year at Tinley)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 1,016 Posts
    The female on top of my three pics has the most yellow and highest orange sides. She is really superb and will color up very nicely as an adult. The other two are Black Backs and all the Black Back ones in the clutch I picked them from were slightly darker animals. You can kind of see the other Enchi next to the third pic of the male. That's a nice bright yellow animal. That is pretty normal. Enchi's change quite a bit as they age and will get a golden yellow color up top although some get a nice golden orange. There is quite a bit of variation. The orange sides usually turn a nice yellow. Enchi is definitely a color and pattern morph.

Regards,

B
    Last edited by Simple Man; 09-15-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 1,090 Posts
    For comparison, my little guy is about a year old and 400g. As with almost all of the morphs they do change a lot as they grow.
    Rebecca
    facebook ~ google+
    www.rawreptiles.com ~ RAW Reptiles on Facebook
    Snakes
    Ball Pythons ~ Hypo Jungle Boas ~ Bredlis ~ Carpet Pythons
    Lizards
    Crested Geckos ~ Chahouas ~ Bearded Dragon
    Furry Friends
    1.0 Black Lab (Orion)