Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,689

1 members and 2,688 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

PLEASE LOOK** Analysis of snake sales

Attention all breeders...

I've been thinking about doing this for a while, but I need the help of all who breed ball pythons in order to get the data and start this project. I'd like to put together a comprehensive analysis of ball python sales based on morph/price/age/quality and anything else that people would want looked into.

I'm planning on creating a pivot table and pivot charts for everything. The best way for me to put this together is to get as much data as possible, which means I need YOU!! Most people keep detailed records of the snakes and if you're willing(I know many people don't want to release some of this data), I'm asking you send me your figures for the following so I can start this project:

Hatch date/Sale date/Asking price/Actual price paid/Morph/Weight at time of sale/(And I realize this is extremely subjective but I'd still like to include this) Quality on a scale of A,B,C,D,F with A being the best.

This is more to analyze the demand of hatchling morphs. Don't include adult morphs as of yet since I think that data would most definitely be an outlier. I'm really only looking for snakes that are listed for sale as baby ball pythons.

Thanks!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Ahh! Also list how you sell your snakes.. Ie: Local Ads, website, bp.net, kingsnake, fauna, kijiji/ebay, etc.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    No one wants to figure out sales trends???

Well if anyone is willing, send your 2009 and 2010 data as well. Also include gender-- I forgot to mention that above.

BPnet Senior Member Mike Cavanaugh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 458 Posts

Re: PLEASE LOOK** Analysis of snake sales

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch21 View Post
    No one wants to figure out sales trends???

Well if anyone is willing, send your 2009 and 2010 data as well. Also include gender-- I forgot to mention that above.
    It would be great to see but it ain't gonna happen. People don't give out information like that... In any business.
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts
    Ditto on what mike said.

Very small timers might be interested in the project, but any real snake 'businessmen' consider their information on sales, pricing, and marketing to be private, and necessarily so. In fact, releasing that kind of information might hurt their business and allow others to be more competitive.

Thanks
    the price on snakes is so elastic that by the time you analyze it as this price its gonna be that price already and then when you get that price its gonna be different at the next table over. there are too many factors that go into pricing a snake also... you have not only the tangable aspects but also intangable such as.. you have two bees from the same clutch.. both male but one is brighter than the other and a much more clean example of the morph.. do you sell them for the same price? vendor "A" says yes while vendor "B" says no the nicer snake (while it has the exact same physical qualities) is worth more because it looks nicer compared to the darker example. you cant put a number on something like that when it varies not only vendor to vendor but also clutch to clutch and even down to the individual snake.. its just not possible.

.. and what they said.. its private haha. good luck though..

Thanks
    Agreed that most will not want to share it. It is a cool idea but the market seems to be so fickle that capturing a snapshot would be futile.

The only way you could get a ballpark market analysis would be to do a survey on asking price over the years and uses places like Fauna Classifieds because they archive all the old classifieds ads. Just a thought?
    Chris Behof
    www.cbreptiles.com
    chrisbehof@yahoo.com
    Focused on creating Stellar Carpet Pythons

Thanks
    And obviously "asking price" doesn't mean anything accurate.....but it is something.
    Chris Behof
    www.cbreptiles.com
    chrisbehof@yahoo.com
    Focused on creating Stellar Carpet Pythons

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    How much money is made is usually between one individual and the IRS

Also I doubt anyone is gonna put out there how much they really sell their animal for, a private deal between friends for example is very different than something sold publicly.

I can tell you that I get my asking price in most cases.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    It might be easier to get numbers by asking what people PAID for hatchlings, without disclosing who they bought from. Without revealing any of the actual data to the public, that should be impersonal enough.

But your date would be skewed by people who get great deals from friends.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast