Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,738

0 members and 2,738 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: Normals???

Registered User Christopher De Leon's Avatar
    Thanks

Normals???

[/IMG]

1st Post!

I bought a clutch of 7 "Normals" second hand from a guy who bought them to make a profit...he didnt have anyone interested in buying them so they were just given to me. Therfore, I dont know the lineage or anything about these babies besides the fact theyre about two months old and I was told theyre normals.
    Out of the 7 I had(i sold three already), only one looked like a typical normal baby to me. The rest are MUCH more colorful, have slightly lighter eyes than typical(but they dont stand out like they do in my pastel), theres some blushing in them and maybe flames(?) toward the bottom, Very clear bellies, and one had a very light colored mouth. I do understand that a lot of BPs "brown out" as they get older. Im very much a noob, and im probably just looking for things that arent really there. But I figured it couldnt hurt to get the opinions of much more experienced people.

Uploading pictures on here doesnt seem very user friendly since you still gotta do the who code thing(i thought that died with MySpace, lol), so I hope everthing uploads ok. These are various photos of the four I have left. Let me know what you guys think. Even if they actually DO turn out to be normals, theyre very pretty!

Thanks
    They all look like wild types to me. There is a lot of variation in a wild type animal...Many colors and shades! They are very colorful though, and could be very useful for breeding if that's what you wanted to do. If you need to use a normal for breeding I say don't just pick any old normal(that's how we get such browned out pastels!), choose the ones that have genetics you want to pass on. Those brightly colored ones could be gorgeous with super colorful morphs, give the babies a little color pop!

They are lovely!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to purplemuffin For This Useful Post:

Christopher De Leon (09-09-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    All of them look like super nice normals. There's a ton of variation in normals, but I agree with the above poster. Picking the best normals is only good sense when engaging in breeding anything.

I think you lucked out. I'd keep a couple of the brightest prettiest girls to hold back as normal breeders. Just double check the sex if you're selling as male or female.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

Registered User Christopher De Leon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah,im def going to keep them for future projects. when ready,id like to see what they can do with my 09 pastel male whos already 850g...which is the only morph i have at the moment.

Like i said though,im a noob...when i tried sexing(popping) them,i sexed all 7 as female. Lol. Which is unlikely all 7 were female,but im going to hit the flea market tomorrow n try n find a small probe kit.

Ill also maybe mate the siblings of these normals together if i end up with a male in the four left to see what comes.

Thanks
    I really like the first one's pattern.

1.0 Green Tree Python
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyknees For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I agree with what other have said.. they look like normals.. Nice normals, but I don't see anything that makes them stand apart from other normals
    ~Brandi H.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.hhhbreeding.com

"My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them." - Mitch Hedberg

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Tuniwha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Re: Normals???

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher De Leon View Post
    Like i said though,im a noob...when i tried sexing(popping) them,i sexed all 7 as female. Lol. Which is unlikely all 7 were female,but im going to hit the flea market tomorrow n try n find a small probe kit.
    I wouldn't recommend trying your hand at probing if you're unsure of your popping abilities. Check out some popping vids on youtube and give it another go.
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sho220 For This Useful Post: