Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,860

1 members and 2,859 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

HET ALBINOxALBINO THAT PRODUCES ALBINO... SNOW LOOKING FEMALE AND GREY MALE?!????!

does anybody know anything about this? i ordered a het albino female and couldnt believe what she produced... there is also a vidoe on youtube about this... any ideas where i can find more info?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUgBOHOz-yg

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=264540

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    Not axanthic.. Look into blush albino.. It's another line of albino. I'm willing to bet that is what they are., blush albinos produce visual hets that hatch looking like axanthics but they will brown out in a few months and look totally normal. The albino will also brighten up and get more contrast and look like a regular albino.

So be sure to keep the grey looking ones marked separate so you can tell them apart when they get their normal color. Those grey ones are the ones carrying the albino gene. The other ones probably are not.

Of course, the only way to be 100% sure that you have blush albinos is to keep those grey ones and the albino and breed them back to the parents. Then you will know for sure.

That is awesome tho. They are one of the only recessive genes that hatches a visual het. At least visual as babies. So keep them and prove that's what you have

If they show no sign of color change as they age then there is always the possibility of axanthic but I'd guess blush albino first by the way that albino looks all pale and creamy.

Keep in mind, I believe the visual het thing was proven to be possible only when a het blush is bred to a het blush.. I'm pretty sure both snakes have to have the blush gene to produce the visual het.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Foschi Exotic Serpents For This Useful Post:

wwmjkd (08-22-2011)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I produced an albino like that last year, 2-3 sheds and it looked like a normal albino baby, sadly this albino did not make it. She stopped eating at about 4 months of age and then shortly died later. I did albino x albino pairing.

Thanks
    Possibly a funky gene going on and throwing the mother up for sale?
    Last edited by 2kdime; 08-16-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks
    im lucky he threw the silver boy in the sale for me so i will def try and prove them out! either way im very happy to have them in my collection its unreal how axanthic they look!! pictures dont ever do justice (we all know this) hes literally gret silver black and white its awesome i took better pics so u guys can see

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    Well then good. Now just grow him up. If they are blush hets, you'll know soon enough

Edit.. Proven blush hets sell for a little more than twice what regular het albinos sell for right now. Markus Jayne reptiles has a proven line. So keep those and prove them.

http://www.ballpython.ca/available.php?m=Albino

Thanks
    thats great news! i couldnt be any happier wit this purchase im hoping he stays grey :x but either way is a win for me thank you so much for the information it is greatly appreciated

BPnet Senior Member WingedWolfPsion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,134 Posts
    A lot of people sell low percentage poss het axanthics without mentioning that they might carry axanthic. Since a lot of people go for Snows, there are probably a lot of albino hets carrying axanthic, and a lot of axanthic hets carrying albino.

So, while it might be a blush albino, it may also be a straight-up axanthic (well, axanthic poss het albino). If so, then both of your hets carry the axanthic gene, and you might get snows if you repeat the pairing. Hatching a Snow would certainly prove what you have there.
    --Donna Fernstrom
    16.29 BPs in collection, 16.11 BP hatchlings
    Eclipse Exotics
    http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
    Author Website
    http://donnafernstrom.com
    Follow my Twitters: WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics

Thanks

Re: HET ALBINOxALBINO THAT PRODUCES ALBINO... SNOW LOOKING FEMALE AND GREY MALE?!????

That looks like a snow to me... If you have to wait past 400 grams on the silver babies to turn brown but they still don't look like a normal, they gotta be Axanthic. Black light the albino.
    0.1 Leopard Pied
    0.1 VPI Axanthic Het Pied
    1.0 VPI Axanthic Pied

Thanks

Re: HET ALBINOxALBINO THAT PRODUCES ALBINO... SNOW LOOKING FEMALE AND GREY MALE?!????

Quote Originally Posted by th3jok3r View Post
    im lucky he threw the silver boy in the sale for me so i will def try and prove them out! either way im very happy to have them in my collection its unreal how axanthic they look!! pictures dont ever do justice (we all know this) hes literally gret silver black and white its awesome i took better pics so u guys can see

wow... i think its a axanthic, possible ur pairing w/ two het axanthic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast