Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 737

0 members and 737 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Pieds...ASTOUNDINGLY overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanT View Post

I'm intrigued by people that take a difference in perception as a personal insult.
    I HATE butter corns lol. Everyone else in the world seems to love them and I think they're just gross xD People jump on me all the time too for saying I don't like them

Thanks
    Ever since I was a little kid and I saw my first pied I had to have one. I've been lucky enough to own two in the past year. One was a low white pied maybe only 10-15% white and the juvi I have now that is about 40% white. I feel when they have more pattern to them then white they are more appealing to me esp if they have a really weird pattern to them or reduced. High white pied dont do much for me though. But there are plenty of morphs out there Im not a fan of.
    DC Reptiles.com coming soon....

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I'm intrigued by people that take a difference in perception as a personal insult.
    I don't keep Piebalds at all actually. However it is in poor taste to completely dog on an entire project. What did everyone's grandmother say? "If you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all".

It's one thing to say in a discussion "Eh, doesn't float my boat." But going out of your way to make a dedicated thread? Really?
    Last edited by AaronP; 08-02-2011 at 03:18 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AaronP For This Useful Post:

Brandon Osborne (08-05-2011),Quiet Tempest (08-02-2011)

Thanks

I've said it before and just feel like saying it again...God, do I hate Pieds.
    I guess I just don't understand why it needs to be said again...let alone start a thread over it?

I just hope this thread doesn't lead to similar threads that litter the front page of the site..."I think insert morph here is overrated."
    ____JOSHUA____
    ______
    ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!!

Kansas City Chiefs

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jerhart For This Useful Post:

JLC (08-02-2011),MarkieJ (08-02-2011),Quiet Tempest (08-02-2011),snakesRkewl (08-02-2011)

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Isn't our hobby great? I mean we have so many different morphs and combo's to choose from that we as keepers can pick and choose which ones we want to work with and the ones we don't. People don't like pieds or albino's or spiders or whatever, I say awesome I love that you know what you do and don't like, Good on ya.

Me personally I really like seeing a nice pied sitting in my tubs. There are morphs that I don't wish to get into just yet due to their lack of combo ability.

So for those people who don't like pieds I say that's fine I have enough of everything to go around.. LOL Joke Joke..

P.S. I like Pieds best when they are doing this

Just like I like albino's when they are like this
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Freakie_frog For This Useful Post:

Maixx (08-02-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's not your opinion that folks find insulting...it's the way you express it. You compare something most people find beautiful to "vomit" and imply that anyone who likes pieds must be stupid because only stupid people would like something so ugly.

It doesn't bother me one bit that you don't like pieds. I don't even care that you felt strongly enough about it to start a thread (although I agree with Jerhart wholeheartedly that I hope it doesn't start a new trend in thread topics) ....but if you insist on spewing insults about something that so many people love, then expect some of those people to be insulted by it.

-- Judy

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

Adam Chandler (08-02-2011),creaturelover92 (08-02-2011),Jerhart (08-02-2011),Quiet Tempest (08-02-2011),snakesRkewl (08-02-2011),SnyderSnakes (10-23-2011)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerhart View Post

I just hope this thread leads to random threads that litter the front page of the site..."I think Justin beiber is overrated."

FIXED.
    *for comedic relief*

A&K Reptiles
    aandk.reptiles@gmail.com
    (607)-372-4195
    Country Born Exotics

Soon to be specializing in: Desert Ghost, Clown, Banana, Hypo, Pied, and Spotnose Combos

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    So you'll never outbid me on a pied I like. Good.

You could have been less insulting in your pharsing. I couldn't care less if you dislike pieds. I don't like Coke-a-cola. I prefer Pepsi. Can't stand drinking coke, it tastes like it has ashes in it or something. But I'm not going to insult people who do like coke and dislike pepsi. I'm just happy I'll never get into an argument with them over who gets the last can of soda.

Some people think all morphs are mutant butt-ugly deformed snakes that should be frozen rather than allowed to live. Would you like to see that opinion posted in a few paragraphs describing how dumb anyone who could possibly want to KEEP one of those stupid deformities rather than a good normal? How they're ruining the species by breeding out the good regular healthy normals by even condoning the existence of the freaks?

I know I don't. I'd prefer to see a "I don't see the appeal, and I don't like them and I don't think they're pretty at all." Sure, I guess it's not against the rules to be nasty in describing your opinion. But then, that just opens the gates for anyone who responds to your thread to be just as "open" in expressing their opinions of YOUR opinion. SO when you whine about how people get all hurt over your opinion, remember that they're just telling you their own true feelings and opinions about your opinion.

To-mate-o, to-mah-to.. who really cares. If we all liked the same thing, there wouln't be such selection in the morphs to begin with.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

creaturelover92 (08-02-2011)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I love Pepsi.
    Country Born Exotics

Soon to be specializing in: Desert Ghost, Clown, Banana, Hypo, Pied, and Spotnose Combos

Thanks
    I don't drink soda.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast