Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,275

3 members and 3,272 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I'd spend money on a BEl before I would a pied. I also am not a fan of albinos. They tend to fade to much as adults from my experience and I hate a straight Easter yellow snake....just no appeal to me.

A&K Reptiles
    aandk.reptiles@gmail.com
    (607)-372-4195
    Country Born Exotics

Soon to be specializing in: Desert Ghost, Clown, Banana, Hypo, Pied, and Spotnose Combos

Thanks
    I don't plan on getting into pieds, but I don't necessarily dislike them: they're just overdone. I guess if you want to make money, you go into pieds. I personally don't like any morph that looks eerily similar to a normal. I'd just get a normal! Unfortunately some do amazing things with other morphs, that's true.
    1.0 Pastel
    1.0 Spider
    1.1 Citrus Ghosts
    0.1 Albino
    1.0 Normal

0.1 Red Blood Python
    1.0 Corn Snake
    0.1 Hognose
    1.2 Crested Geckos
    0.1 Leachianus

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts
    My biggest "HUH?" moment is when people see pied combos and think they are awesome, when half of the snake isn't even exhibiting those traits.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mainbutter For This Useful Post:

hoax (08-04-2011),Mike Cavanaugh (09-17-2011)

Thanks

Re: Pieds...ASTOUNDINGLY overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Bundy View Post
    I feel the same way about Justin Bieber. There are a few morphs that I don't care for. Sadly though some of the morphs that I like have to have some of what I don't like to make them. Spotnose is a normal looking snake with a weird head pattern to me. But what is does to morphs is incredible. I have yet to get one but it is on my list of things to get. The same goes with yellowbellies. But i want an ivory and I like what they do when combined with other morphs. I do like pieds and albino's but that is just because when I was a young they were coming out in the market and they were the reason I got into snakes.

Yeah, I remember when the Albinos and Pieds sparked the whole Ball craze. They both never did anything for me back when I was a teenager either, I just remember being amazed at the prices they were going for. I had written off Ball Pythons altogether for like a decade...until I saw a Super Cinny. The amount of genetic experimentation that Balls allow for is too appealing. I can't imagine not working with them now.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Heh,

It would be a boring hobby if we all liked the same things.

Some of the most genetically usefull and highest priced BP's in the world look to me as though they have some form of hideous skin disease.

But some combo's will surprise you.

If you do not like the "white factor" of pieds look at the enchi pieds - and if you have seen some of the pics of an enchi albino ( I'm not a plain regular albino fan really ) with all the colour and flames I'm willing to bet I would go doolally over a super enchi albino pied.

dr del
    Last edited by dr del; 08-02-2011 at 01:51 PM.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

Adam Chandler (08-02-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mainbutter View Post
    My biggest "HUH?" moment is when people see pied combos and think they are awesome, when half of the snake isn't even exhibiting those traits.

Half?

With the exception of Pastel Pieds, (which still look like vomit, only brighter) it seems to me that every combo they produce is 99% white with only the head as the smudge that gives away what other genes got wasted by breeding them to Nature's bleach stain.
    Last edited by RyanT; 08-02-2011 at 01:54 PM.

Thanks
    I am not a fan of Pied's, albinos, or coral. Does not mean i hate them by no means.

Now as for the Panda Pied, That is the only pied i would not mind having.
    Then I'm tiny like a door mouse
    Short like a bungalow house
    Minute like a pixie
    You can barely even see me

Single Serving Friend jsmorphs2's Avatar
    Thanks
    So I take it you won't be getting into the Albino Pied project anytime soon . J/K

I love the high contrast of pieds, the mix of dark against white. Just kinda my thing . I do like Albinos but they aren't my favorite (don't tell that to my Albino male, lol). When ever I show non-snake people my collection they do always ooh and aah at our albino and pied. The other, more subtle morphs get a "oh thats neat" or they just don't get it. As far as I'm concerned as long as pieds and albinos draw in attention (in a good way) to our hobby and get non-snake people interested in snakes then I'm happy. I wouldn't care WHAT morph they were drawn to. Some times a scaredy cat will actually pet or HOLD our pied then my job is done .
    ~Jessica~

Registered User creaturelover92's Avatar
    Thanks
    I like pieds and albinos I think I love all ball pythons because they r ball pythons lol but I don't really favor the spider ball python its beautiful and all but I don't favor the wobble they carry that's just my opinion and any morph that has spider in it I don't favor because of the wobble I would never buy one for my collection but they are very beautiful that's my two cents lol

JK

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RyanT View Post
    I've said it before and just feel like saying it again...God, do I hate Pieds.

I cannot understand how people that LOATHE snakes will say "Ooh, I like that one!" when they see one of these magical Clorox Balls. I don't get why they're the most coveted snake in the world, when the gene by itself looks like a Ball Python that got puked on, and the combos all look EXACTLY the same with a different colored headspot. I basically ignore anything that is Pied related because I know I'll just once again be befuddled at their ridiculous popularity. And just as a disclaimer, no I'm not hating because I secretly want one so bad. I'm hating because they're butt-ugly. I will never let one of those little defective mutants anywhere near my collection.

Just sayin'.
    You've been making the same post for years.... why keep bringing it up?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jluman For This Useful Post:

Brandon Osborne (08-05-2011)

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast