Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,909

0 members and 1,909 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Thanks

Why buy an Ipad2

Ok well I just ordered my wife an Ipad2 and she asked me "Why didnt you get yourself one ????" I said well what can this do that my Macbook Pro cant ??? Do I like the Ipad YES!!! it looks neat. But I have an Iphone, Ipod touch and a Macbook pro so the question is WHY add the IPAD to the collection. Her argument for getting hers was using it in work(she is a teacher) and she can work and play yada yada yada BS BS so I bought it. Help me out, I want one but i dont know why. This is one of my first ADULT decision I have made. Instead of an impulsive buy i figured i would buy hers and check it out but I wanna know what can this do that my other devices cant ???????
    7.5 Ball Pythons
    0.1 Leopard Gecko
    1.1 Cats
    0.1 Chocolate Lab
    1.0 Lab/Pit Mix
    0.1 Wife (LOL)
    1.0 Kids

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts
    essentially an iphone with a larger screen.

I can tell you're an Apple fan, but their current line of development, business decisions, and cool-factor-over-functionality line of thinking have persuaded me that all other competing products are superior.

Android smartphones > iphone
    Windows 7 and Unix-based OS's > OSX any variant

iTunes' decade long refusal to implement lifetime licensing of songs has me shying away from future iPod purchases. Too bad, cuz that was the one area where their competitors just weren't up to par. iTunes is going to kick the bucket as soon as monthly-paid full-access streaming music services are up and running with every song ever recorded. Netflix really needs to get on top of "Nettunes"

Should your wife buy an iPad2? No. No one should. Apple did not invent the tablet, I was using one back in 2004, and they'd already been a while. My cousin had a touch-screen attachment for her CRT monitor back in the 90s. Apple's line of tablets have had terrible development, and I get particularly POed about the fact that the iPad 2 is nothing more than an iPad 1 that has everything in it that it SHOULD have had when it first was released.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mainbutter For This Useful Post:

Aes_Sidhe (08-02-2011),llovelace (08-01-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 931 Posts
    iPad 3 before the end of the year, most likely so that's something to keep in mind.
    If you would like something more portable to carry around on a regular basis I say sure, but if not you may not get much use out of it.
    I've had both gen iPads and they are very nice. My tablet of choice (at the moment) is the HP Touchpad. Maybe play with hers a good bit and see if you want one for yourself. On the bright side with the iPad, iPod and iPhone you guys can play that killer Scrabble game together
    --Walt

Thanks

Thumbs up Aaahhh

I love my ipad2 no conplanints really lol I'm post this off of my iPad2 lol had Iphone4 kind hate it a lot but love IPad its great and i feel it's the only desecent tablet out their with out awhile bunch of add bull
    TheballpythonP.J

Ball Python Aficionado Adam Chandler's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why buy an Ipad2

Quote Originally Posted by mainbutter View Post
    essentially an iphone with a larger screen.

I can tell you're an Apple fan, but their current line of development, business decisions, and cool-factor-over-functionality line of thinking have persuaded me that all other competing products are superior.

Android smartphones > iphone
    Windows 7 and Unix-based OS's > OSX any variant

iTunes' decade long refusal to implement lifetime licensing of songs has me shying away from future iPod purchases. Too bad, cuz that was the one area where their competitors just weren't up to par. iTunes is going to kick the bucket as soon as monthly-paid full-access streaming music services are up and running with every song ever recorded. Netflix really needs to get on top of "Nettunes"

Should your wife buy an iPad2? No. No one should. Apple did not invent the tablet, I was using one back in 2004, and they'd already been a while. My cousin had a touch-screen attachment for her CRT monitor back in the 90s. Apple's line of tablets have had terrible development, and I get particularly POed about the fact that the iPad 2 is nothing more than an iPad 1 that has everything in it that it SHOULD have had when it first was released.
    Mac OS X > Windows x10000

I love my iPad. By far the best tablet on the market.

I sold my MacBook Pro and got a iPad 2, I don't know if you would really need both.
    Your MacBook has much more capability. I traded mine for a iPad since I never utilized the power and extra features of my MBP.

-Posted from my iPad 2
    Last edited by Adam Chandler; 08-01-2011 at 11:57 PM.
    "We are artists using locus and alleles as our paint; the ball python as our canvas" - Colin Weaver

Check out my Photoblog!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Thanks
    Like you said I am a fan of apple..... Now I am in no way shape or form tech savy BUT I have owned other products htc,motorola,blackberry phones and have had Dell and hp computers and nothing has held up as well as my apple gadgets therefore apple has me. As for the iPad I think I will just wait to see my wife's and base my decision off hers. If she let's me touch it lol
    7.5 Ball Pythons
    0.1 Leopard Gecko
    1.1 Cats
    0.1 Chocolate Lab
    1.0 Lab/Pit Mix
    0.1 Wife (LOL)
    1.0 Kids

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    The only thing apple has me on is the iPod. That will probably change to Microsoft's zune or an archos sometime soon also. They are way overpriced for everything.....not just some things....but everything. If I had to choose spending money on a tab it would deffinently be a Samsung galaxy 2 or an hp. Cheaper And do essencially the same exact thing.

A&K Reptiles
    aandk.reptiles@gmail.com
    (607)-372-4195
    Country Born Exotics

Soon to be specializing in: Desert Ghost, Clown, Banana, Hypo, Pied, and Spotnose Combos

Ball Python Aficionado Adam Chandler's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why buy an Ipad2

Quote Originally Posted by kevinb View Post
    If I had to choose spending money on a tab it would deffinently be a Samsung galaxy 2 or an hp. Cheaper And do essencially the same exact thing.
    They may be cheaper, but if they were the same as the iPad (which does cost more) then the iPad wouldn't be outselling them like crazy.
    In this economy people would not be spending more on something if the item wasn't superior.

Personally I'll continue to enjoy the seamless synchronization of all my music, movies and tv shows between my iPod, iPad and iPhone.
    "We are artists using locus and alleles as our paint; the ball python as our canvas" - Colin Weaver

Check out my Photoblog!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well I gave up on iTunes. To many restrictions. I Have a 160g classic that i don't even get use Because I can't find any of the music I listen to.

A&K Reptiles
    aandk.reptiles@gmail.com
    (607)-372-4195
    Country Born Exotics

Soon to be specializing in: Desert Ghost, Clown, Banana, Hypo, Pied, and Spotnose Combos

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Also I have a feeling people buy ipads to say "I own a ipad" I know that's how it is for the people I know who own them, they don't even use theirs.

A&K Reptiles
    aandk.reptiles@gmail.com
    (607)-372-4195
    Country Born Exotics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast