Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,043

2 members and 3,041 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Strange old snake

My roommate found a Texas rat snake on the road under the you are now entering Eden Texas back in 1986. He figures the snake was about a year or so old then. Now this snake is not the brightest bulb in the package. In fact he is a strange snake. He refuses to eat rats. He misses the strikes about 85% of the time and sometimes I wonder if he can see and how he managed to survive as long as he did in the wild. We actually have to hold the mouse by the tail inside the cage while he thrashes around and tries to get it. I don't think I have EVER seen him hit the mouse on the fist try. It usually takes him between 5-10 strikes before he will come in contact with the mouse.

Last week he scared me. I was feeding him his mice and he was on his second one. I looked in the cage to make sure he had actually eaten it and he was on his back. Fully on his back acting like he was trying to get up but couldn't. I picked him up and turned him right side up and went to tell my roommate. To my surprise I was told this is not the first time he has been unable to right himself. I guess he has been doing this, every once in a while, for at least 10 years or more. When he first did it my roommate figured he was about to die, but he didn't. He is still alive and is now about 26 ish years old.

He has never been bred and never will. He is very beautiful. Oh and my room mate named him Lucifer
    1:1 Mojaves 1:1 Cinnamon :1 Pinstripe :1 Spider :6 Normal :1 Albino 1: Butter :1 pastel :1 yellow belly :1 100% het albino

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts
    That's quite a story, really neat that a WC like that has made it for more than two and a half decades.

Registered User creaturelover92's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think everyone wants to see a picture of Lucifer!?
    I know I do!

JK

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts
    yup yup pics please
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks

You asked for photos :)

here he is. The scaring on his nose was done when he was in the wild.

He is thin. We are working on getting him fattened up, but my roommate likes to keep him trim. Cant argue much as he has lived so long.
    1:1 Mojaves 1:1 Cinnamon :1 Pinstripe :1 Spider :6 Normal :1 Albino 1: Butter :1 pastel :1 yellow belly :1 100% het albino