Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,975

1 members and 2,974 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

I have no idea--he just looks different.

This is Darth Jackass. He earned the name by biting me 4 times in one day and crapping on me twice.

I picked him up at a reptile show, labeled as "Alien heads, het albino." He didn't look happy and I felt sorry for him. He did look kinda cool and I figured that I could squeeze in one little guy that didn't fit into my future breeding programs.

These aren't the best pictures because he acts more like a pissed off ratsnake than a python. He's very ummm...active.

This shows his coloration best--

Here's a side shot of his head and neck--

Some of his side pattern--

His belly doesn't look that interesting--

Best shot I could get of his face--

Only shot I could get of him sitting still--

His darks are very dark, his lights are very creamy looking with lots of contrast. His eyes are very black and beady looking. I'm not sure if he's a different looking normal or maybe a bad example of some real morph, but I'm pretty sure that "Alien heads" is not a morph. Regardless, he's got a home if for no other reason that I like feisty snakes and I can afford the space and rats to keep one for nothing more than a pet. But I'm curious as to what y'all think of him. Dinker maybe?
    "Why I Have Grey Hair," the story of my life:

The cast: 0.1 het pied, Minnie, "Heartless." 0.1 pied, Dorothy, "The Girl Next Door." 0.1 mojave, Lily, "Stuck Up Little Princess." 0.1 pastel yb, Marilyn, "The Bombshell." 0.1 normal, Miss Maenad, "Femme Fatale." 1.0 dinker, Darth Jackass, "Scum of the Earth." 1.0 piebald, Mickey, "A Really Nice Guy." 1.0 jigsaw, Kaa, "The Young Dude." 0.1 cinnamon, Hera, "If Looks Could Kill" 0.1 pastel, Luna, "If It Moves, Eat It"

Recently joined by Badger and Honey, 1.1 spotnoses.

...and an ever-changing host of supporting actors and actresses: rat and ASF.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Redneck_Crow For This Useful Post:

Anna.Sitarski (07-17-2011)

Thanks
    He looks a lot like an interesting import I saw at my local reptile shop... very different to be sure! The only way to say 100% is if it proves out to be hereditary though...

Just promise me though... if it proves out, PLEASE call the morph the Darth Jackass ball
    Last edited by Alexandra V; 07-17-2011 at 07:08 AM.
    1.0 Normal - Maynard
    1.0 POG - Victor
    0.1 YB - Diana

0.1 Pastel Boa - Astrid
    1.0 Salmon Boa -

1.1 Leopard Geckos

0.3.2 Inverts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexandra V For This Useful Post:

Redneck_Crow (07-17-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,511 Posts
    I have no idea, I say fit him into your breeding plans and find out! He has a very cool unique looking pattern and I just LOVE his contrasts. That dark black stripe against that gold stripe on his face is priceless. All hail Darth Jackass
    2.0 Offspring, 1.1 Normal Ball Python, 1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 0.1 Albino Ball Python, 0.1 Pinstripe Ball Python, 0.1 Banana Ball Python, 1.0 Pied Ball Python, 1.0 Normal Hognose, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon, 0.0.1 G.pulchra, 0.1 P.metallica, 0.1 M.giganteus

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Skittles1101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I had a WC back in the old days that looked similar, and I think it was the similarity that initially drew me to him. It was one of those cases where I couldn't leave without the guy because he reminded me so much of Kaa.

The cast: 0.1 het pied, Minnie, "Heartless." 0.1 pied, Dorothy, "The Girl Next Door." 0.1 mojave, Lily, "Stuck Up Little Princess." 0.1 pastel yb, Marilyn, "The Bombshell." 0.1 normal, Miss Maenad, "Femme Fatale." 1.0 dinker, Darth Jackass, "Scum of the Earth." 1.0 piebald, Mickey, "A Really Nice Guy." 1.0 jigsaw, Kaa, "The Young Dude." 0.1 cinnamon, Hera, "If Looks Could Kill" 0.1 pastel, Luna, "If It Moves, Eat It"

Thanks

Re: I have no idea--he just looks different.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra V View Post
    Just promise me though... if it proves out, PLEASE call the morph the Darth Jackass ball
    Yeah, just think of the fun I could have announcing that I hatched out a clutch of jackasses.

Thanks

Re: I have no idea--he just looks different.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck_Crow View Post
    This is Darth Jackass. He earned the name by biting me 4 times in one day and crapping on me twice.

I picked him up at a reptile show, labeled as "Alien heads, het albino." He didn't look happy and I felt sorry for him. He did look kinda cool and I figured that I could squeeze in one little guy that didn't fit into my future breeding programs.

These aren't the best pictures because he acts more like a pissed off ratsnake than a python. He's very ummm...active.

This shows his coloration best--

Here's a side shot of his head and neck--

Some of his side pattern--

His belly doesn't look that interesting--

Best shot I could get of his face--

Only shot I could get of him sitting still--

His darks are very dark, his lights are very creamy looking with lots of contrast. His eyes are very black and beady looking. I'm not sure if he's a different looking normal or maybe a bad example of some real morph, but I'm pretty sure that "Alien heads" is not a morph. Regardless, he's got a home if for no other reason that I like feisty snakes and I can afford the space and rats to keep one for nothing more than a pet. But I'm curious as to what y'all think of him. Dinker maybe?
    Looks like it could be a Het Red Axanthic. My Het Reds are very active, and have a very strong feeding response. Some Het Reds are hard to tell, but one of the markers for a Het Red is the dark lines on the inside of the alien head. Look up Corey Woods site and see if it helps you ID him.
    It could just be a Normal, but it looks a lot like my male Het Red.
    Hope this helps!
    Ball Pythons 1.1 Pastel 0.1 Pastel Het Orange Ghost 1.1 Spider 0.1 Pinstripe 1.1 Orange Ghost 0.3 Normals 0.1 Chocolate Lesser 1.4 Lessers 0.1 Het Orange Ghost 1.1 Fire 0.2 Het Red Axanthic 1.2 Lesser Het Red Axanthic 0.1 Fire Het Red Axanthic 1.0 Black Pastel 1.0 Yellow Belly 0.1 Bumblebee 0.1 Genitic Banded 1.0 Enchi

Corn Snakes 0.1 Pink Snow

Crested Geckos 1.0 Red Harlequin 0.1 Chocolate Harlequin 0.1 Red Flame 0.1 Flame

10. The Following User Says Thank You to R&DP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks so much! He looks a lot more like them than anything else I've seen. The tone of his color seems different, but it's hard to tell in pictures--even the ones I put up of him don't really show his coloration. His yellows have a greenish tint to them in some lighting. His lighter yellows pop when he's in the sunlight. At first glance something about his eyes says "Burm" more than "Ball" but they're not small, just beady black.

I'm not sure if I'm seeing his baseline behavior either. This guy is lightweight for a ball python. He could definitely use some groceries. When I pick him up he has no "heft" to him and it feels like I'm holding a cornsnake. He settled down a lot after he drank for 10 minutes, had the bits of stuck shed soaked off, and had a good ratting. I figure that after a few weeks of feeding and watering I'll start seeing how he really is and not just how he acts on a bad day.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 993 Posts
    He looks great. I like his pattern. Sorry he's a Jackass
    1.0 Normal (Rocko)
    1.0 Mojave (Mac)
    1.0 Pastel Ghost (Zeus)
    0.1 Spider (Zarah)
    1.0 Butter (Jagger)
    0.1 Coral Albino Boa (Josslynn)
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa (Cee Lo)
    Black Cat Nivea)
    Dachshund (Isabella) (Murphy) (Lilli)
    Mixed Breed (Heidi)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DellaF For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    If he wasn't a jackass I probably wouldn't have bought him.

Thanks
    At the very least you could make some cool looking albinos. I know I'd love an albino with that pattern.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to babyknees For This Useful Post:

Redneck_Crow (07-20-2011)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast