Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,584

1 members and 1,583 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
    Thanks
    What is the mother of the twins? Genetic reduced pattern is dominate I believe, any idea if these guys/gals will take after their father in that sense?

I know, I need to stop being impatient and just let them hatch! Lol.

Thanks

Re: I Am Curious !!!! Anyone else ever have it happen ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sama View Post
    What is the mother of the twins? Genetic reduced pattern is dominate I believe, any idea if these guys/gals will take after their father in that sense?

I know, I need to stop being impatient and just let them hatch! Lol.
    both the father and mother are Genetic Reduced Patterned the babies will have those genes as well
    I love it when people tell me, "You should think before you speak!" I'm like, "I did. It's what I think and I really don't give a crap what other people think."
    Fed-Ex Certified Reptile Shipper
    Fauna Good Guy #222
    ©TheVipersHouseReptiles&Exotics
    TheVipersHouse.com

Thanks
    that's pretty awesome to have the triplets and the quads(even though they didnt make it)!

I didn't read every post in this thread, but what it sounded like was that the idea was that the male had it in his genes to throw the triplets etc. ? Did he do it with more than one female? I am fairly positive the male would have absolutely no deciding factor on whether or not you had twins/triplets/quads because the male only contributes the sperm and the the female contributes the eggs (which would decide the how many babies were in the egg)

I could be completely wrong on that subject though so any clarification would be awesome!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    that's pretty awesome to have the triplets and the quads(even though they didnt make it)!

I didn't read every post in this thread, but what it sounded like was that the idea was that the male had it in his genes to throw the triplets etc. ? Did he do it with more than one female? I am fairly positive the male would have absolutely no deciding factor on whether or not you had twins/triplets/quads because the male only contributes the sperm and the the female contributes the eggs (which would decide the how many babies were in the egg)

I could be completely wrong on that subject though so any clarification would be awesome!
    well i can tell you this . this is how i know its the father because the female that laid the eggs has no history at all in the years shes laid eggs to have ever had twins let alone anything else like triplets or quads . this is the first year shes ever thrown then which in turn means its the male .

the female yes has the follicles , but its the males part that would give the deciding factor cause in a case with twins , it means that 1 egg from female gets split into 2 babies if the male has potent enough sperm ..

and i know its the male cause there are 2 different females he bred 1 gave me quadruplets and the other thats hatching starting tomorrow has given me twins .. and again neither of these females in their 6 years of breeding each have never thrown so much as a twin before until now .
    I love it when people tell me, "You should think before you speak!" I'm like, "I did. It's what I think and I really don't give a crap what other people think."
    Fauna Good Guy #222
    TheVipersHouse.com

Thanks

Update !!! Piping !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok i figured id get back with another update the twins are starting the piping
    looks like they are gonna be the stubborn ones lol.

but heres a pic and im not 100% yet but looks like its possibly gonna be 1 normal and 1 spider that are the twins .
    but the normal looking 1 has a spider head pattern so its possibly he could end up being an ugly patterned spider . wont know for sure until they are out completely..

but again here the Pic

Fauna Good Guy #222
    TheVipersHouse.com

Thanks

OK just posted pics of the TWINS clutch hatched out for those who have been following my thread ..

Heres Link to see the babies

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fauna Good Guy #222
    TheVipersHouse.com

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts
    Why does the fluid look so murky in that last vid? Too bad the quads didn't make it...the rest of your babies look awesome.
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    Thanks for posting all this. It's fascinating to see it all unfold!

I have only cut eggs after one pips, or a few days early at most. I just don't feel comfortable doing so.

But if someone else feels comfortable cutting their eggs early, and has obviously had so much success over years and years of breeding and cutting early, it would be beyond FOOLISH for me to imply it doesn't work. I know a lot of breeders do cut early, so there can't be that much wrong with it. Maybe as I get mroe experiance, I will feel comfortable enough to cut early... one day.

Looking forward to your next year, to see if you get more multiples. Has the dad sired clutches prior to this season?
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
    Why does the fluid look so murky in that last vid? Too bad the quads didn't make it...the rest of your babies look awesome.
    because the fluid starts to form a top layer after a period of time and some fluids are crystal clear , and some are milky looking
    Fauna Good Guy #222
    TheVipersHouse.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    Thanks for posting all this. It's fascinating to see it all unfold!

I have only cut eggs after one pips, or a few days early at most. I just don't feel comfortable doing so.

But if someone else feels comfortable cutting their eggs early, and has obviously had so much success over years and years of breeding and cutting early, it would be beyond FOOLISH for me to imply it doesn't work. I know a lot of breeders do cut early, so there can't be that much wrong with it. Maybe as I get mroe experiance, I will feel comfortable enough to cut early... one day.

Looking forward to your next year, to see if you get more multiples. Has the dad sired clutches prior to this season?
    he was proven for the breeder i got him from 1 season and then i got him .
    Fauna Good Guy #222
    TheVipersHouse.com

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415