Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,245

2 members and 3,243 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Help with Garner!

Hey Forum!

I was contacted by someone who is having an issue with their garner snake and reached out to me to help. I don't know much about them, but i told her I would do what I could to find out any information, and I was hoping someone would have some answers!

So this woman has a Captive Bred Garner that she keeps in a Vivarium. Lately there has been a lot of change in its behavior. She says that the snake is "flailing," when she approaches the enclosure, and it won't eat anymore unless its left in a closed and covered feeding box. She was saying that prior to the last couple of months it would let her watch it eat and it seemed content with its habitat. It hasn't bit her, but she say's she's been musked almost every time she interacts with the snake.

I have no clue about these snakes or their behavior so I didn't know how to respond. I was hoping that one of you might have an idea or something I can tell her.

Thanks,
    Chris.

Thanks
    bump/update:

Okay so I got some more information out of her and I think the issue is in the size of the enclosure. She says he's in about a 10gallon vivarium, and he's pretty close to full grown. Could this be the reason for his odd behaviour or does it sound liek there's something else going on? Thanks!