Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,292

0 members and 1,292 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Male Sambava Picture Update! Again... :)

Here is my little guy at 11 months... Took these today and was impressed by his colors.

and then an outside picture... As you can see, he was not having it, lol! I took him in right away.
    Last edited by PrettyInInk87; 07-05-2011 at 10:59 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts
    I like him
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks
    I love chamss ! Their just soo hard to keep I really like the last pic, they look back with that weired eye ball thing, such a cool defense mechanism

Thanks

Re: Male Sambava Picture Update! Again... :)

whatever kind of cham this is i need one is this a special kind of morph or wat? idk im still learning bout chams before i get mine and i like this ones colors

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by llovelace View Post
    I like him

Quote Originally Posted by JayyPastel24 View Post
    I love chamss ! Their just soo hard to keep I really like the last pic, they look back with that weired eye ball thing, such a cool defense mechanism
    They actually are not very hard to keep... People make it out to be something impossible when it really isn't. I think it's to scare people straight and seperate the ones who REALLY want one and the ones who just think they are cool and not really care. Don't know if that makes sense... I encourage people to get Chameleons as long as they are willing to dedicate a bit more time than you would a snake (most) or tarantula... If you ever have any questions on their care, diet, lighting, and enclosure, don't hesitate to ask.

I love their eye ball thing too! I love when I try and sneak behind him and then I see an eyeball roll back and catch me. They can literally have eyes behind their heads. Also, you cannot deny that the way they catch their prey and eat is totally awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ahunt037 View Post
    whatever kind of cham this is i need one is this a special kind of morph or wat? idk im still learning bout chams before i get mine and i like this ones colors
    As far as I know there are no morphs in Chameleons... What I have is a male Panther Chameleon and his locale is Sambava. Locale is where the certain species of Cham is found. Each locale has it's own specific color variation and barring (some can be slightly different). Panther Chams are the most colorful chameleon out there and have the widest variety of colors. If you really are considering getting a Chameleon please do not hesitate to ask questions! I highly reccommend Chameleonforums.com, they got me started after losing my first Panther Chameleon It's a great way to get you started and get all of the info. you need, great people!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PrettyInInk87 For This Useful Post:

ahunt037 (07-06-2011)

Thanks

Also, if you want to get an idea of different locals and the differences google images on Nosy Be, Ambilobe, Ambanja, Sambava, Tamatave, and Ankaramy, just a few locales of Panther Chameleons.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PrettyInInk87 For This Useful Post:

ahunt037 (07-06-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyInInk87 View Post
    Also, if you want to get an idea of different locals and the differences google images on Nosy Be, Ambilobe, Ambanja, Sambava, Tamatave, and Ankaramy, just a few locales of Panther Chameleons.
    awesome well im a member over there already have already asked wat i should get as a beginner and i think im going with panther and so far i like the nosy be and the Sambava mainly cuz of the blues and greens and also cuz those 2 seem like the easiest to pronounce lol

Thanks

Very nice cham! I used to have a veiled and I sure do miss him.

As far as morphs, the only actual morph I know of in chameleons is the translucent veiled. Kinda weird looking if you ask me...
    1.1 Ball Pythons, 1.1 Corn snakes, 0.0.1 Garter snake, 1.1.2 Crested geckos, 0.2 Mourning Geckos, 0.2 Leopard geckos, 0.1 Indonesian blue tongue skink

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ahunt037 View Post
    awesome well im a member over there already have already asked wat i should get as a beginner and i think im going with panther and so far i like the nosy be and the Sambava mainly cuz of the blues and greens and also cuz those 2 seem like the easiest to pronounce lol
    Oh awesome, welcome to the Chamforums family. I have a Sambava and of course I think they are beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by reptile65 View Post
    Very nice cham! I used to have a veiled and I sure do miss him.

As far as morphs, the only actual morph I know of in chameleons is the translucent veiled. Kinda weird looking if you ask me...
    Thank you!

Yeah I forgot about those! I don't exactly like them myself, they just look sick and creepy looking. Lots of people find them to be unique and cool though.
    What happened to your Veild?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyInInk87 View Post

Thank you!

Yeah I forgot about those! I don't exactly like them myself, they just look sick and creepy looking. Lots of people find them to be unique and cool though.
    What happened to your Veild?
    Yeah I kinda agree. I think the normal veileds are much prettier.

Well, when I went off to college, my dad started taking care of all my reptiles. He works all day so he wasn't there to mist/feed my cham when he really needed it. Unfortunately, Yoshi (that was his name) started to decline in health after a while. I just decided that it really wasn't fair for him to be in that situation, so I gave him to a local reptile rescue to give him a better chance at getting back to health. It was a hard decision, but I know it was better for him. Sorry for the long-winded response, haha.
    1.1 Ball Pythons, 1.1 Corn snakes, 0.0.1 Garter snake, 1.1.2 Crested geckos, 0.2 Mourning Geckos, 0.2 Leopard geckos, 0.1 Indonesian blue tongue skink