Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,801

2 members and 2,799 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

Pituophis collection

I got my first Pits not too long ago. They lit a fire under my butt and now I have been getting into this group pretty heavy!!

These guys are from a project Jon Ginter was working in 2006 where he bred a Kankakee locality female to a red hypo male (Stillwater/Kingsville). They came out as light reds het for hypo. The adults would not sit still very well for the photos!

Male

Large Female Bertha. She is 6'6" and weighs a good 20 pounds!!

This is one of Bertha's and the male above babies from 2 years ago. I hope she goes this season!! I plan on pairing her with the sire of the clutch.

Red Hypo aka Fire Bull

This is a baby from the male above and a different female from the same line. I keep going back and forth on keeping this little guy. He should color up nicely!!

Red Bull

I also have some adult black pines. The male would not sit still for the pictures. There is just something about an all black snake.....

I posted these not too long ago. These are what started the addiction! I got a pair of Mexican Lined Pines last year. The male wouldn't cooperate so here is an updated pic of the female. Chipper as ever!!

I also picked up an amazing high yellow and a patternless or hypo cape gopher. I will post pictures of them when I can get some good ones of the hypo.

please note! the pictures of the first two animals are of them in a tub. They wouldn't sit still on the litte set I made and the cage pictures were coming out crappy!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucas339 For This Useful Post:

scutechute (07-17-2011)

Thanks

Cool Re: Pituophis collection

Wow. Gorgeous pits! I had a Sonoran gopher for a short period of time, and I still miss him. He was beautiful and had a very chill personality. I'm hoping to get another pit sometime in the near future. They are awesome snakes!
    1.1 Ball Pythons, 1.1 Corn snakes, 0.0.1 Garter snake, 1.1.2 Crested geckos, 0.2 Mourning Geckos, 0.2 Leopard geckos, 0.1 Indonesian blue tongue skink

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Re: Pituophis collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas339 View Post
    I got my first Pits not too long ago. They lit a fire under my butt and now I have been getting into this group pretty heavy!!

These guys are from a project Jon Ginter was working in 2006 where he bred a Kankakee locality female to a red hypo male (Stillwater/Kingsville). They came out as light reds het for hypo. The adults would not sit still very well for the photos!

Male

Large Female Bertha. She is 6'6" and weighs a good 20 pounds!!

This is one of Bertha's and the male above babies from 2 years ago. I hope she goes this season!! I plan on pairing her with the sire of the clutch.

Red Hypo aka Fire Bull

This is a baby from the male above and a different female from the same line. I keep going back and forth on keeping this little guy. He should color up nicely!!

Red Bull

I also have some adult black pines. The male would not sit still for the pictures. There is just something about an all black snake.....

I posted these not too long ago. These are what started the addiction! I got a pair of Mexican Lined Pines last year. The male wouldn't cooperate so here is an updated pic of the female. Chipper as ever!!

I also picked up an amazing high yellow and a patternless or hypo cape gopher. I will post pictures of them when I can get some good ones of the hypo.

please note! the pictures of the first two animals are of them in a tub. They wouldn't sit still on the litte set I made and the cage pictures were coming out crappy!
    Beautiful snakes Lucas. That red bull looks amazing.

Them lineaticollis are nasty little buggers when small............

Thanks

Re: Pituophis collection

Love the look of the solid black Pine....beautiful

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts
    Looking good Lucas
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks
    What gorgeous snakes! I especially like the black pine.