Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,364

4 members and 3,360 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Life's Little Detours

I know I've mentioned it here and there...it's not a secret. But I don't believe I've made any sort of formal announcement either. So yeah...we're moving...again. You'd think I'd be used to this by now...but no. Not when they yank us out half-way through our expected time, at least.

The first half of our military career was relatively motionless. After the initial two years of training in California, we had a nice long stay in Tucson of six years....and then four years in San Antonio. But since then, it has been a whirlwind of moves, with only one two-year stay anyplace in the last nine years. In the last nine years, we have lived in these states:

Texas
    Virginia
    Alabama
    Arizona
    Texas
    Florida
    Colorado

And now, after just a year here in beautiful Colorado, we are on our way back to Alabama. And we'll only be there for a year as well, so we have yet another cross-country move ahead of us next summer. At least THAT one is expected. But of course we don't know WHERE that will be.

We hit the road a week from today. I'm getting a new laptop for the trip, so I won't be completely offline during the weeks of transition, but my time from here on out will definitely be sporadic. SO much to do!

So here's to Summer Interruptus...packing...new schools...unpacking...and leaving friends behind...again...
    -- Judy

Thanks
    I really understand. We've Been in California, Illinois, South Carolina, and Washington. Looks like it will be New York or Georgia next. Good 'ol Navy. Their's nothing like living out of boxes and wondering what random nutty neighbors it'll be THIS time
    Good luck with the move
    0.1 Pastel Lesser Platinum (BP)
    0.1 Dumerils Boa
    0.1 Indian Sand Boa (Sunset)
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Anery)
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Rufescen)
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Paradox Albino)
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa (Paradox Snow)
    And a lot of Tarantulas

They call me Emilius LOL Emilio's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 1,004 Posts

Re: Life's Little Detours

They should pack and move you guys themselves darn it. The military doesn't even fathom how lucky they and we citizens are to have familys like yours serving our country. Good luck Judy wish we all could help I'd bet most of us would if we could.
    Absolutely obsessed with ball pythons!

http://www.facebook.com/VillarinoReptiles?ref=hl

Villarino reptiles Morph market

Contacts

Villarinoreptiles@gmail.com
    Or tex 7868774281

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cendalla View Post
    I really understand. We've Been in California, Illinois, South Carolina, and Washington. Looks like it will be New York or Georgia next. Good 'ol Navy. Their's nothing like living out of boxes and wondering what random nutty neighbors it'll be THIS time
    Good luck with the move
    LOL...indeed. We've been pretty fortunate with the neighbors. Sometimes we have loud teenagers who like to play basketball on street-side hoops in the middle of the night...or really loud cars that "warm up" in the mornings....but all in all, we've always had nice neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio View Post
    They should pack and move you guys themselves darn it. The military doesn't even fathom how lucky they and we citizens are to have familys like yours serving our country. Good luck Judy wish we all could help I'd bet most of us would if we could.
    Thanks, Emilio. They do pay for professional packers and movers. So at least we don't have to physically pack the boxes or haul all that furniture. And theoretically, they are responsible for UNpacking as well...but that's a bad idea to allow. LOL It's still a lot of hard work and you never know what quality the packers will be. Some moves go relatively smoothly....some are absolute nightmares with heart-breaking damage.

Ack...I gotta get my head away from such thoughts! I'm gonna go play with my snakes.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts
    Wanna trade places? LOL

It's an adventure. Albeit an old worn one, but you never know what cool things await.

Mystery Abounds. I don't know who said it first, I'm sure I'm stealing it from someone, but it's still true.

Personally, I like a little mystery. Even if there are no smoldering eyes.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    Wanna trade places? LOL
    NOPE!

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    It's an adventure. Albeit an old worn one, but you never know what cool things await.

Mystery Abounds. I don't know who said it first, I'm sure I'm stealing it from someone, but it's still true.

Personally, I like a little mystery. Even if there are no smoldering eyes.
    This is all very true. And its thoughts like these that have kept me sane through all these years of moving....and kept my kids healthy and resilient rather than bitter and withdrawn.

I do wish these adventures didn't come quite so frequently...but all in all, life with my family is amazing and wonderful. And maybe Dean's eyes don't smolder (unless he's really mad! LOL)...but they melt my heart every day. So yeah....thanks for nudging me off the pity wagon.

I'm still gonna go play with my snakes, though.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    They do pay for professional packers and movers. So at least we don't have to physically pack the boxes or haul all that furniture. And theoretically, they are responsible for UNpacking as well...but that's a bad idea to allow. LOL It's still a lot of hard work and you never know what quality the packers will be. Some moves go relatively smoothly....some are absolute nightmares with heart-breaking damage.

Ack...I gotta get my head away from such thoughts! I'm gonna go play with my snakes.
    Yeah, I didn't have too much luck with the move last time. I had a lot of broken teapots. My computer was only two months old and when they unpacked it the side was dinted and the box was smooshed. It wouldn't turn on and they wouldn't pay to fix it because "we couldn't prove it was from the moving." Ouch.
    Buuut...You are not going to have these problems! It will be smooth and perfect. Easy packing, clear roads, and no arguing kiddos
    0.1 Pastel Lesser Platinum (BP)
    0.1 Dumerils Boa
    0.1 Indian Sand Boa (Sunset)
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Anery)
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Rufescen)
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Paradox Albino)
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa (Paradox Snow)
    And a lot of Tarantulas

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    Good luck with the move Thats always a hectic and stressful time, esp. when moving with children and pets !!

I'm in Alabama, where will you be stationed at ? We are near Dothan
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

Thanks
    i do know how you feel. i was pulled out of germany early and sent back to texas instead of finishing my time in germany. although i wasnt moved nearly as much as you have been i know it still sux. hopefully soon you guys will be done and you can pick a nice quiet place to settle down. getting out and settling down has been the best decision ive ever made. good luck with the move
    A room full of empty racks and thermostats that have been unplugged.

*Chris*

Thanks

Judy all I can say is welcome back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast