Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,002

1 members and 3,001 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Want to check if these morphs are what i was told and to know what this other is

So the Spider I know is 100% a spider, and shes a beautiful one at that, always receiving compliments and what not. I am also pretty sure the yellow belly is a yellow belly, a third I don't know, and the 4th I was told is a pastel and was wondering if he was simply a pastel or a blonde pastel...

This is the pastel, he was hatched a month ago today. His head is very grey which is what was leading me to think hes more than just a pastel, if not, no worries in a couple years Ill be able to breed him to the spider and they'll make nice hatchlings...

The spider, shes only about a month old as well.

and
    these are the yellow belly...I have no idea how old he is, but hes eating small-med adult mice once a week to give you an idea of his size

and the last is this female, she is so similar to the yellow belly so I was wondering if she was that or just a normal, if she is just a normal, she is at least still beautiful, shes only about half the size of the yellow belly, and double the size of the two babies

those pictures are the only ones i have of that female, just got her earlier this afternoon for about 30 dollars at a local petstore, they had no idea what i was asking when i got her but shes healthy and has a great temperament

let me know what you guys think, i would really appreciate some input=)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Their, spider,pastel,YB. Last one is hard to tell but looks like a dark normal from pictures.

Thanks

Re: Want to check if these morphs are what i was told and to know what this other is

i know the pictures arent the greatest with the last one, she blends in with the yellow belly and i can barely tell them apart is the only reason i question her, i took all these photos with my phone so getting the lighting right rarely works how i want to, for instance, the hatchlings lighting is too much and that female is too dark.

Single Serving Friend jsmorphs2's Avatar
    Thanks
    I agree with Rich. Can you get belly shots of the last female?
    ~Jessica~

Thanks

Re: Want to check if these morphs are what i was told and to know what this other is

Quote Originally Posted by jsmorphs2 View Post
    I agree with Rich. Can you get belly shots of the last female?
    itll have to wait til tomorrow when i see her again, shes living at my Fiance's place for now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coakub View Post
    i know the pictures arent the greatest with the last one, she blends in with the yellow belly and i can barely tell them apart is the only reason i question her, i took all these photos with my phone so getting the lighting right rarely works how i want to, for instance, the hatchlings lighting is too much and that female is too dark.
    One of the easiest ways to identify a YB (usually) is to post a belly picture of the BP in question. If you can get a picture of the "normal's" belly, that might help.

As for the Pastel being a Blonde or not, who knows. Blonde Pastel is just another line, as are Graziani, Lemon, etc. The only way to really tell what particular line the Pastel came from would be to trace its lineage.
    Last edited by Kymberli; 06-15-2011 at 01:27 AM.
    1.0 '12 Irian Jaya Carpet Python
    0.1 '09 Normal BP
    1.0 '07 Normal BP
    1.0 '08 Pinstripe BP
    0.0.1 Nelson's Milk Snake

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kymberli View Post
    One of the easiest ways to identify a YB (usually) is to post a belly picture of the BP in question. If you can get a picture of the "normal's" belly, that might help.

As for the Pastel being a Blonde or not, who knows. Blonde Pastel is just another line, as are Graziani, Lemon, etc. The only way to really tell what particular line the Pastel came from would be to trace its lineage.
    thats what i figured about the Pastel, but the guy i bought him and the spider off of is a total jerk, and wouldnt tell me what the parents were -_-, i just know he sold him to me as a pastel paired with the spider for a total of 200 dollars and i wasnt complaining.

and as soon as i get to my Fiance's house tomorrow i will take pictures of her belly, ill hold up my yb for comparison since i dont own any normals to do that with. like i said either way i have a great female to breed with later if i wish

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coakub View Post
    thats what i figured about the Pastel, but the guy i bought him and the spider off of is a total jerk, and wouldnt tell me what the parents were -_-, i just know he sold him to me as a pastel paired with the spider for a total of 200 dollars and i wasnt complaining.

and as soon as i get to my Fiance's house tomorrow i will take pictures of her belly, ill hold up my yb for comparison since i dont own any normals to do that with. like i said either way i have a great female to breed with later if i wish
    That's an incredible price for that Pastel and Spider! From what I can see, whether or not he's actually that bright, he has very nice blushing. I just hope for your sake that the Spider is actually a female, being that they were sold so cheap. Even if they both turn out to be male, I think you got a good deal.

If you're planning on holding the snakes up next to each other, I assume they've already gone through quarantine? Not sure how long you had the others since they're obviously older.

Very nice little collection though!

EDIT: Just re-read the original post. If you just bought the "normal" today she should be in quarantine. Considering you said the YB has been eating weekly, I assume you've had him for some time longer.
    Last edited by Kymberli; 06-15-2011 at 01:57 AM.
    1.0 '12 Irian Jaya Carpet Python
    0.1 '09 Normal BP
    1.0 '07 Normal BP
    1.0 '08 Pinstripe BP
    0.0.1 Nelson's Milk Snake

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kymberli View Post
    That's an incredible price for that Pastel and Spider! From what I can see, whether or not he's actually that bright, he has very nice blushing. I just hope for your sake that the Spider is actually a female, being that they were sold so cheap. Even if they both turn out to be male, I think you got a good deal.

If you're planning on holding the snakes up next to each other, I assume they've already gone through quarantine? Not sure how long you had the others since they're obviously older.

Very nice little collection though!

EDIT: Just re-read the original post. If you just bought the "normal" today she should be in quarantine. Considering you said the YB has been eating weekly, I assume you've had him for some time longer.
    oh man you know i didnt even think about quarantine, its not something we talked about when i got my degree in animal science, only time we talked about it was if the animal was showing signs of disease, i dont have much control over that part anyways because my Fiance has them, and he used help out his brother with a breeding program so ive never really second guessed him. also i have had the yb for about 2 months now, and hes been showing signs of shedding for about a week now, missed the blue stage so i dont have an accurate timeline, but any day now really.

anyways, i do have a good repor with the store i got the female normal from, and she is externally very healthy, so hopefully they will both be fine.

ill be heading over to his place soon and ill get a pic of her belly