Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,816

3 members and 2,813 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Black Belly Ball Python?

I'm seeking more info about the Black Belly Ball Python. So far all I've seen is 2 pics of one snake, and only the belly. However the pics were good and promising. I have a female ball python that I have been made aware has a similar belly pattern to that of a black belly, and from what I've seen I agree. Not just the belly, but the sides of the belly, and the nose had spots much like my snake. I was thinking she was a Vanilla but it was brought to my attention that Vanilla's often have clear bellies like Fires. So that's probably bunk. Regardless, there is little info on the black bellies online so far that I can find, so I figured I would try and ask again, see what pops up. Thanks in advance, ~Caylan.s.~

Thanks
    if youre talking about light colored spots on the end corners on the front of the nose its called booger balls black belly booger ball haha nice i had a black back booger ball but sorry i dont know much about them either
    1.0 black pastel dh ghost clown 'Ezio'
    1.0 "dinker" 'Coco'
    1.0 pastel lesser het clown 'Link'
    1.0 enchi het albino 'Master Chief'
    1.0 sable het hypo 'Sephiroth'
    1.0 bumblebee het hypo 'Leon'
    0.1 lesser het ghost 'Zelda'
    0.1 Mojave 'Tifa Lockhart'
    0.1 normal dh ghost clown 'Sophia'
    0.2 normal 'Baby' & 'Yuna'

Thanks
    Yeah nose spots can be common, and found on normals, but she has other facial features that stand out that if I could see the other True black bellies face better, I would be able to compare, but so far all i can compare is the nose and they are "spot" on the same. The bellies are also the same in a sense, but it's what I would consider a common belly type(dirty) and may be difficult to difrentiate. The sides are what really got me. That and all the features being seen together on the same snake, rather then one in one snake, one in another sorta thing. Now I just want more info on the black belly morph itself, regardless if my snake turns out to be one or not, I love the Yellow Jacket combo, and if my girl turns out not to be one, I want one! So far I know they were produced by Outback Reptiles, thats about it. Not even sure who else is working with them. Very hard to put into a search engine with yellow belly and black pastel balls always popping up instead... so a new thread was in order I decided. Thanks for your input though, appreciate it. ~Caylan.s.~

Thanks
    Thanked 3,036 Times in 2,147 Posts
    Some pictures of the snake in question would help us determine if your talking about a normal or a morph
    Jerry Robertson

Thanks

Re: Black Belly Ball Python?

This thread isn't about my snake really, it's supposed to be just for black belly ball python info, I just mentioned my girl as to why I'm interested. I already know she isn't normal, but I also know there is nothing anyone can tell me about her that I don't already know. I just need to breed and find out. Nothing a pic of mine is gonna tell me anymore about black bellies lol. But for the hell of it, I will post some up anyway. She may be a black belly after all as it is. Some sorta highlighter morph that much I can say.
    Her as a baby:

Yearling:

And her now:

New Camera Shots:

Belly shots:

And a couple nice outdoor shots(love showing this girl off, can yuh tell?)

Thanks for looking. Still seekign more info on the BlackBelly, I know there are breeders working with them, I found that out on another forum, just nothing specific. I know my girl my not have a "blackbelly" but I also heard that isn't the only determining marker, and her belly is pretty freakin' similar to the one i saw before. Regardless I just want to see more pic's if someone has them, or more info if some has that. Thanks again! ~Caylan.s.~

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    I think you need to get ahold of Josh at Outback Reptiles. I think he's the one that proved the blackbelly genetic.

Thanks

Thank you! I will start looking for Josh's email address. I thought it was Ian G. but I believe they may both be with Outback, hopefully I will find out! Thanks again. Any more info would be great everyone! Thanks! ~Caylan.S.~

Thanks
    So I spoke with Josh at Outback reptiles, the original producer of the morph. It's been passed on to other breeders to work with, no super as of yet, but it is codom/dom. My snake is likely not a black belly according to him which is good to know as well. Outback reptiles is no longer working with the black belly and we will likely see the other breeders start producing black bellies and black belly combo's soon. The pic I originally saw and thought was a black belly wasn't even one, just a CH apperently, as no black belly base morph pictures ahve been released as of yet. So everyone can stop looking, it will come when it comes I guess. I can also confirm that there is more to this morph then a black belly stripe, like Bill Buchman stated in another thread(I think we all knew that, the yellowjacket screams somehting different) so I personally can't wait to see more of it. I've always been a fan of normalish looking morphs, and I have a feeling the black belly might just take it for me! Imagine a desert blackbelly pastel enchi fire vanilla yellowbelly woma... someday lol! Thanks again, ~Caylan.S.~

Thanks

This is one I hatched last year. Father has a "black belly" and about half of his offspring came out with black bellies. Is he genetic, to soon to tell.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inugohan View Post
    This thread isn't about my snake really, it's supposed to be just for black belly ball python info, I just mentioned my girl as to why I'm interested. I already know she isn't normal, but I also know there is nothing anyone can tell me about her that I don't already know. I just need to breed and find out. Nothing a pic of mine is gonna tell me anymore about black bellies lol. But for the hell of it, I will post some up anyway. She may be a black belly after all as it is. Some sorta highlighter morph that much I can say.
    Her as a baby:

Yearling:

And her now:

New Camera Shots:

Belly shots:

And a couple nice outdoor shots(love showing this girl off, can yuh tell?)

Thanks for looking. Still seekign more info on the BlackBelly, I know there are breeders working with them, I found that out on another forum, just nothing specific. I know my girl my not have a "blackbelly" but I also heard that isn't the only determining marker, and her belly is pretty freakin' similar to the one i saw before. Regardless I just want to see more pic's if someone has them, or more info if some has that. Thanks again! ~Caylan.s.~
    Man she's awesome. She reminds me of my yb because he had those dots on the nose. Great BP!
    0.1 Leopard Pied
    0.1 VPI Axanthic Het Pied
    1.0 VPI Axanthic Pied

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast