Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,126

2 members and 3,124 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

A quick question!

I dont know if you can see my avatar, which is a picture of Nala, my ball python. She was captive hatched.. Are all captive hatched "normal" balls, or can they have other more exotic genes mixed in sometimes? Mainly..i was looking at pictures of mojave pythons and noticed that mine looks very similar. What are the differences between the mojave and the normal ball python.
    Thanks!
    Phil

Thanks

Re: A quick question!

From what I can tell, she looks nothing like a Mojave. Rarely do any sort of genetic mutation get mixed in with the "normals"...If so, they are normally the more subtle morphs.
    -Jordan

Balls
    0.1 Pinstripe.............................1.0 DH Lavender Snow
    0.2 PH Lavender Albino.............0.1 Bumblebee
    0.1 Pastel PH Ghost..................1.0 Pastel Het Ghost
    0.2 PH Ghost (Twins)................1.0 Cinnamon
    0.1 Het TSK Axanthic................1.3 Mojave
    0.1 Het Albino..........................1.0 Albino PH Pied
    1.1 Het Pied.............................1.0 Dinker
    1.2 Normal...............................1.0 Pastel Lesser

Boa
    0.1 Super Salmon Het Sunglow

Check us out at: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dem...13090085417762

Thanks
    Huge difference between Mojos and Normals. Normals can vary in pattern and color to an extreme.
    Mojave:
    1.0 '12 Irian Jaya Carpet Python
    0.1 '09 Normal BP
    1.0 '07 Normal BP
    1.0 '08 Pinstripe BP
    0.0.1 Nelson's Milk Snake

Thanks
    Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,511 Posts
    My normal

My mojave

There is a huge difference between mojaves and normals. Mostly the coloring, blushing, the spots are more isolated towards the belly, less alien heads, even the eyes look different. Not all mojaves are obvious, some are more subtle, but once you see them in person and look through pictures of different morphs you'll start seeing the difference.
    Last edited by Skittles1101; 05-25-2011 at 03:03 PM.
    2.0 Offspring, 1.1 Normal Ball Python, 1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 0.1 Albino Ball Python, 0.1 Pinstripe Ball Python, 0.1 Banana Ball Python, 1.0 Pied Ball Python, 1.0 Normal Hognose, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon, 0.0.1 G.pulchra, 0.1 P.metallica, 0.1 M.giganteus

Thanks
    Ok, I can definitely see the difference between those two. I havent seen any morphs in person, so that might be a big part of it. Im a newbie, what can I say! Im glad there is a forum with knowledgeable people.. Ive always found that forums are the most affective way to learn about new hobbies, interests, or pets..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,511 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Python View Post
    Ok, I can definitely see the difference between those two. I havent seen any morphs in person, so that might be a big part of it. Im a newbie, what can I say! Im glad there is a forum with knowledgeable people.. Ive always found that forums are the most affective way to learn about new hobbies, interests, or pets..
    The first time I saw a mojave, and then the price tag, I almost died. I thought "how in the hell can they charge that much?! It looks like a normal!!" You get an eye for these things as you gain experience. There's nothing wrong with being new, and you'll learn more than you can imagine from all the amazing people on this site. I'd be so lost if I didn't find this forum. Now I see mojaves (especially mine ) and I just love how unique their patterns are, along with all the other morphs too lol. I have 4 different morphs, and I love ALL of my snakes, but my normal is and always will be my favorite
    2.0 Offspring, 1.1 Normal Ball Python, 1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 0.1 Albino Ball Python, 0.1 Pinstripe Ball Python, 0.1 Banana Ball Python, 1.0 Pied Ball Python, 1.0 Normal Hognose, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon, 0.0.1 G.pulchra, 0.1 P.metallica, 0.1 M.giganteus

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LGray23 View Post
    The first time I saw a mojave, and then the price tag, I almost died. I thought "how in the hell can they charge that much?! It looks like a normal!!" You get an eye for these things as you gain experience. There's nothing wrong with being new, and you'll learn more than you can imagine from all the amazing people on this site. I'd be so lost if I didn't find this forum. Now I see mojaves (especially mine ) and I just love how unique their patterns are, along with all the other morphs too lol. I have 4 different morphs, and I love ALL of my snakes, but my normal is and always will be my favorite
    Leah's right - nothing wrong with being a newb! Asking questions is good and forums are great for that. After a while you will start picking up on what makes a morph and it'll be a night and day difference
    Abigail McDufford
    Wallflower Herpetoculture / iHerp