Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,718

2 members and 2,716 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Rashad Evans Admits Sending ‘White Boy’ Text

Look, we’ll be the first to admit that this business about Rashad Evans calling Jon Jones a fake butt white boy via text message is pretty damn silly. The only reason we felt the photo was worth posting on this site is because Evans originally denied sending it. Do I think the “white boy” line should be characterized as “racist,” or as an insult to white people? No, not at all — although the tradition of one black fighter questioning a rival’s blackness is one of the oldest tricks in combat sports, and it’s slightly disappointing that Rashad stooped to that level.

Now that the photo has spread around the Internet, Evans was forced to admit its authenticity, which he did on the latest episode of MMA Weekly radio. Evans offered an apology to anybody who he might have offended, but also used the situation as an opportunity to question Jones’s maturity. The quotes (which start around the 1:23:00 mark of the show) are below:

“Yeah I did say it to him, but he also said a lot of things to me that — I didn’t want to put his texts out there. We were arguing, I said a lot of things, he did, back and forth, but…I did call him a fake-butt white boy. I did. But I don’t think being a white boy is anything bad; if people took offense of being a white boy, then they must not think [audio unclear] about being white. It’s an insult to him, because of course he’s not white, so you can see where the insult comes in. That’s the extent to the insult right there. It’s not anything against white people…he’s black, and I called him white. So therefore, as any normal black person, that would infuriate him, which it did. And it showed that it made him mad because he posted it on the Internet.

First of all, what kind of move is that, anyway? That’s like high school — not even high school, that’s like grade school. ‘Look what Rashad said to me, look everyone, look, can you believe he said this to me?’ Like, seriously dude…what am I gonna do, tell my mom because Jon Jones said that he would destroy me and said a bunch of mean things to me, I’m gonna call my mother up? How old — I mean, what’s the mindset here? If I offended anybody for calling Jon Jones a fake-butt white boy, I deeply do apologize, but I don’t have a problem with white people. Some of my best friends are white…it was an insult, and I called him white because, to be a black person and be called something that you’re not is very offensive.”

Like I said, I’m willing to give Rashad the benefit of the doubt here; nobody should be getting worked up over this. But it’s a little disingenuous for Evans to say that he was just trying to offend Jones by calling him something that he’s not. (As if calling him a “postal worker” or a “turtle” would have the same infuriating effect on Jones.) Because that’s bullcrap, obviously. The reality is, “white boy” has certain connotations when lobbed from one African American to another. Rashad could have called Jon Jones anything in the world, and he went with “white boy.” Did he mean that Jones was weak? A punk? A geek? A snitch? Because he definitely meant something.
    - Cage Potato
    - Italicized words were changed by me to conform with our TOS
    For the record I don't think that Rashad saying that to Jones makes him a racist at all. Poor choice of a way to disrespect Jones...Yes...Racist... No...
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts
    Well it's certainly enough for me to root for Jones when he finally gets a chance to take on Evans

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Re: Rashad Evans Admits Sending ‘White Boy’ Text

Quote Originally Posted by mainbutter View Post
    Well it's certainly enough for me to root for Jones when he finally gets a chance to take on Evans
    Lol - I hear ya, but I was rooting for Jones any way
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks
    That a couple o lvls lower than what i expected from Rashad ...
    Best regards
    Jacob - Certified quote machine!

1.0 Fire
    1.0 Mojave
    1.0 Spider
    0.3 Normals

"Run if you can, walk if you must, crawl if you have to. But don't ever give up!"

Thanks
    yes, who cares!! white,black,brown,yellow,blue.blah blah blah.......WHO CARES!!? just give us and yourselves a good fight!! RACISM IS A SCAPEGOAT FOR TOO MANY! SHUTTUP!!!
    sick of it.