Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,773

0 members and 2,773 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Highly Plausible Vanilla Dinker?

Posted this girl a few times, but thought I would amke a thread based just on her possible genetics, to see what others see in her. I haven't seen amny vanilla's in the flesh, and even then they weren't great examples of the morph, not to mention young. Even pics of the morph seem scarce, or at least slightly mroe difficult for me to find. Regardless, I am pretyt much positive this snake I have is a Vanilla. She was produced at Raven Reptiles right when I started working there in August 2009. It was my first time working with reptiles, and my first time with hatchling ball pythons. Right off the bat this girl and her sister stood out, among the other normals in other clutches. Her and her sister still stand out as far as I'm concerned, since Rob held back the other female and she is growing along the same lines mine is as far as colour(little behind in size, but still 1300 grams, not bad at all) One of the spiders in the clutch was also very bright, very reduced, and not like others spiders I've seen. His head pattern was different as well. The female that produced the clutch was not Robs however. It was on a breeding loan, and she took the spider over the rest of the clutch, whichw as double sired and a lone male pastel also made it out. Nothing special with it as far as I'm concerned, normal pastel. Anyway, the female was sold to some friends of mine and Robs and it was bred to the same spider again last year. Produced 2 good eggs, both contained a male spider. One normal, one insanely bright and different looking. Both spiders were sold unfortunately. Anyway, now to my snake. I think you will all agree she is different, and has aged incredibly well in 18 months. Not taking the normal root of royals by getting darker, nono... she get's brighter, more yellow, more highlighting, and less black in her spots. Her face is very unique, lots of colours that aren't present in my normal or any other normal I've seen before.

This is her as a baby, pics taken in January 2010.

Right off the bat she looks different. But not nearly what she looks like today! The orange turned yellow slowly...
    June 2010:

December 2010:

And now May 2010:

Thanks for looking! ~Caylan.S.~

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I love the markings on the head....Very nice looking BP
    “I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form.”Winston Churchill
    1.0 '10 piebald, 0.1 '10 het piebald, 01 '07 het. Piebald
    0.1 '10 lesser, 0.1 '10 albino, 1.0 '11 Black Pastel het. Albino, 0.1 '11 het. Albino, 0.1 '08 het. Albino, 0.1 '10 het. Albino
    0.1 '09 woma, 1.0 '10 Pewter, 0.1 '11 Lesser Bee
    0.1 '10 Super Cinnamon Woma, 0.1 '10 Mojave Spider, 0.1 '11 mojave, 0.1 Super Chocolate
    0.1 '10 Pastel Yellowbelly, 1.0 '11 Pastel Yellowbelly
    1.1 '10 yellowbelly, 0.2 '10 normal
    0.1 '08 Cinnamon, '08 Normal, 0.1 '10 Orange Ghost, 0.1 Black eyed lucy possible yellowbelly
    1.0 '11 Cinnamon Enchi, 1.0 '11 pastave
    0.1 '10 coral albino Boa, '10 1.0 Sunglow boa, 11 0.1 Motley boa
    0.1 '11 Central American hypo boa, 1.0 Central American Motley
    0.1 '11+T Albino Blood, 0.1 '11 poss het. +T Albino Blood

Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,149 Posts
    I do see some Vanilla tendencies in her.

I have a Vanilla male, or at least I'm pretty sure it's a Vanilla. He started out really bright and washed out, but unlike the "standard" he has gotten darker with age. He still carries the headspot, but now he looks more like a normal than he did as a baby.

He is however, due to be a daddy in mid July I hope, so we shall see.

Gale
    1.0 Low-white Pied - Yakul | 1.0 Granite het Pied - Nago
    1.0 Mojave - Okoto | 1.0 Vanilla - Kodama
    1.0 Pastel - Koroku | 1.0 Fire - Osa
    0.1 het Pied - Toki | 0.1 het Pied - Mauro
    0.1 Mojave - Kina | 0.1 Blushback Cinnamon - Kuri
    0.1 Fire - Mori | 0.1 Reduced Pinstripe - Sumi
    0.1 Pastel - Yuki | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Akashi
    0.1 Ghana Giant Normal - Tatari | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Kaiya

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    Well, from the top it look vanilla-ish but the belly throws it off for me. It has the belly pattern of a black-belly ball. Just another "breed it to find out".

Thanks

Re: Highly Plausible Vanilla Dinker?

Really pretty girl. Even if she doesn't prove out to be Vanilla, she'll throw some really pretty babies. What are your breeding plan for her? Are you planning to pair her with a vanilla male?

Thanks
    I was planning on breeding her with a fire male to make some Vanilla creams, or Really nice fires, either or. Black belly ball eh', will have to look into that a bit. I know pastel black bellies are insane, but I have yet to see an example of the base morph myself, even online, let alone any info on it. Yellow jackets are sure sweet though! I'll try a fire first, then a yellow belly, then hopefully I will have a pastel enchi or something to see what comes from that. Not for another year or so though. Thanks for commenting, ~Caylan.S.~

Thanks
    I have no idea if it is a Vanilla or not, but just wanted to say that it is a great looking snake and thanks for sharing.
    1.0.0 - Harlequin Crested Gecko. (Crestopher). 20G enclosure
    1.0.0 - Reticulated Gargoyle Gecko. (Draco). 20G enclosure
    1.0.0 - Ball Python (Jaxx). 162G Enclosure
    1.0.0 - Red Phase Bearded Dragon. (Havoc) 25G enclosure
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mediabandit

Thanks
    kinda looks like a fire or vanilla anyone have pictures of adult fires or vanillas? whats the difference between them except their super forms?
    1.0 black pastel dh ghost clown 'Ezio'
    1.0 "dinker" 'Coco'
    1.0 pastel lesser het clown 'Link'
    1.0 enchi het albino 'Master Chief'
    1.0 sable het hypo 'Sephiroth'
    1.0 bumblebee het hypo 'Leon'
    0.1 lesser het ghost 'Zelda'
    0.1 Mojave 'Tifa Lockhart'
    0.1 normal dh ghost clown 'Sophia'
    0.2 normal 'Baby' & 'Yuna'

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts
    Pair her with a base morph for great results, either she'll prove out or she'll throw wonderfully-colored offspring. Definitely worth the effort to work with.

Thanks
    I will likely breed mine to a fire in 2012 to confirm her genetics, and I think I will try and convince my boss to try his on his super pastel male, that way we can confirm either way, and a Yellow Jacket would be sweet! For all I know she's a normal though, but I am hardly convinced yet. Thanks again for the comments, Really appreciate it. ~Caylan.S.~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast