Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,298

1 members and 3,297 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Diego my African Grey Parrot *Pic Heavy*

Quote Originally Posted by Kymberli View Post
    Awww! He is so incredibly cute! I miss my African Grey. She was a little butthead who would bite any time she had the chance, but I still let her out around the house. She made the funniest sounds and comments. If the phone rang she would say "hello? ..okay... goodbye!" and she would yell at the dogs to get out of the house. She always had to have the last word. I couldn't keep her because of space and time so she is at a family friend's house now.. at least I can still go see her.

African Greys are completely worth the money.. such sweet, talkative birds.
    That's really funny cuz my chevy boy does the same thing* phone rings* and when I answer he's like hello ok ok alright ok alright, ok bye! Lol

Thanks
    He's a handsome one. My mom has two of the congos. And they are so smart. They are also like owning a five year old child for life (keeps one on their toes).
    0.1 Pastel Lesser Platinum (BP)
    0.1 Dumerils Boa
    0.1 Indian Sand Boa (Sunset)
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Anery)
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Rufescen)
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Paradox Albino)
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa (Paradox Snow)
    And a lot of Tarantulas

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stratus_020202 View Post
    He is amazing! Such a beauty.

We're debating on getting a bird in the future. The only problem is, I want an African Gray. He wants an umbrella cockatoo. Guess we'll have to flip a coin when the time comes.

Such amazing creatures.
    Oh man I wouldnt ever be able to be an umbrella owner. I cant handle the SCREAMING! My friend has 3 of them! One Moluccan and 2 Umbrellas and you cant even have a normal conversation at her house without one of them wanting attention and letting out the dreaded too scream. Thats why they are the #1 most rehomed bird in america. People think their "cute" or cuddly then take them home and cant handle the screaming. They are like having a toddler that can fracture your finger in one bite if they wanted and their scream can be heard a mile away.
    My grey can be loud enough as it is. Toos are more cuddle bugs and greys are the brains and talkers. My Diego can be an aweful big cuddler when he wants to though. Any parrot is a huge responsibilty and not something people can easily rehome.

Thanks for the compliments guys!
    I'll have to get a good video of him talking and upload it.
    My name is Adriane
    Welcome to the Jungle
    1.0 Husband
    0.1 Banana Pied Ball Python
    2.0 Boston Terriers
    0.2 Buggs

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mues155 For This Useful Post:

stratus_020202 (05-23-2011)

BPnet Veteran Highline Reptiles South's Avatar
    Thanks
    beautiful bird! they are fun and will ensure you never sleep in late again right!?

too funny - i think all greys love mimicing the phone. I've had one for 13 years - I work from home and he can imitate the entire phone exchange from ringing to hangup.

The other thing he does that cracks me is call the dogs over the the cage.. "BUZZ!!!! C'mere boy NOW!!!!" and sometimes Buzz does...and then my bird, Garth laughs.

it truly is like have a 5 yo for life. He says "Where's my puppy puppy puppy my puppy my puppy my puppy" and makes me laugh EVERY TIME.

But his favorite of all is whisteling the bridge over the river quai he learned from a commercial from when Green Bay won the superbowl!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by womsterr View Post
    beautiful bird! they are fun and will ensure you never sleep in late again right!?

too funny - i think all greys love mimicing the phone. I've had one for 13 years - I work from home and he can imitate the entire phone exchange from ringing to hangup.

The other thing he does that cracks me is call the dogs over the the cage.. "BUZZ!!!! C'mere boy NOW!!!!" and sometimes Buzz does...and then my bird, Garth laughs.

it truly is like have a 5 yo for life. He says "Where's my puppy puppy puppy my puppy my puppy my puppy" and makes me laugh EVERY TIME.

But his favorite of all is whisteling the bridge over the river quai he learned from a commercial from when Green Bay won the superbowl!
    Sounds just like my Diego with the whole dog calling thing. He will whistle and say "Rain come here" and my dog will perk up her ears and walk around aimlessly. Its been quite sometime that my dogs have been fooled by Diego though
    Or when the dogs start barking Diego will say "Rain! NO!" Its so funny.
    He even says "Icarus" really clear and seems to know the two dogs apart.

Diegos personal favorite is doing the Adam's family theme, i taught him that one when he was a baby.
    My name is Adriane
    Welcome to the Jungle
    1.0 Husband
    0.1 Banana Pied Ball Python
    2.0 Boston Terriers
    0.2 Buggs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12