Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,273

1 members and 1,272 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Threaded View

Thanks

Another miniature donkey foal born last night.. (DUW)

My other breeder donkey gave birth last night. She held onto this one for about 13months. The jenny's name is Dulce and she used to be my top breeder with the best looking foals. Unfortunately, her last pregnancy ended with a miscarriage and it seems this one has a few deformities. Hopefully the veterinarian is right about him possibly growing out of them, I'll be watching. It seems like his ankles are weak, he tends to walk on his pasterns. He also has a severe under bite and for some unkown reason will not keep his tongue in his mouth. It's a bit hard not to giggle at that face with his tongue stuck out, but it does worry me. No jaw deformity, no cleft pallet, he is able to pull his tongue into his mouth but sticks it back out, has full muscular control of it. He was not oxygen-deprived whatsoever in the womb or birthing process. He's just an extra-small, special miniature donkey.

(Please excuse the dirty stall, I've been out of state for five days and it rained today.)

It's difficult to tell since the other foal is so far back, but the new one is less than half the size of the 15-day-old. It is absolutely incredible how similar these two new foals look. Their mothers are not related in any way, so this was all thanks to the stud. They are identical in color.

After one miscarriage and now an inexplicably deformed foal, I have decided to retire Dulce as a breeder and possibly sell her as a pet. I've always bred quality Miniature Donkeys. She's given me some of the most beautiful foals over the years, but at about 11years old she has proven she is finished.
    1.0 '12 Irian Jaya Carpet Python
    0.1 '09 Normal BP
    1.0 '07 Normal BP
    1.0 '08 Pinstripe BP
    0.0.1 Nelson's Milk Snake

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kymberli For This Useful Post:

shelliebear (05-17-2011)