Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,027

1 members and 3,026 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Ricky's Reptile Enclosure

Hello extremely new here but I was curious if anyone on this site has an enclosure made by Ricky's Reptile Enclosure. What is your thoughts on it?

I know I will, probably, get someone on here to say you should search for it. I did a search and nothing came up so that is why I'm posting.

Also, the reason why Im asking this is because I really like the enclosure he and his company makes but I don't know if it's overpriced for what it is and what not.

And just in case anyone asks, no I do not currently own any snakes at this time. I am wanting to pick up a ball python first and then after about a few months to a year pick up a green tree python. But before I pick up my snake(s) I want to get a damn good enclosure and other essentials I will need in order to make my new friend feel at home.

Sorry for the long ass first post.

Also yes I have owned a snake before. I used to have a corn snake when I was like 6 years old. I gave it away because I didn't know how to properly care for it. I am currently 24 years old and much better suited to own and take care of a snake.
    Last edited by templarknight; 05-12-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Thanks
    One google search - http://rickysreptileenclosures.com/

As for enclosures I like the Zilla one that you can get from petsmart and I think you can order them from online too. We have our corn in the 30 gallon one and I am lookingto get the 40 gallon for Hera.

And if you haven't already hit up the CARESHEET. And welcome to the forums
    iHerp - http://www.iherp.com/thedarkwolf25

1.1.0 Normal BP (Hera) (Eden)
    1.0.0 Pastel BP (Homer)
    1.0.0 Corn Snake (Zeus)
    0.1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa (Athena)
    0.1.0 Red Tail Boa (Persephine)
    0.1.0 50% Dwarf Retic (Isis)
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon (Spyro)
    3.1.0 Cats (Rajah, Muffin, Storm, Ladybug)

Thanks

Re: Ricky's Reptile Enclosure

I have read the care sheet numerous amount of times as well as other people's care sheets as well as watched damn near everyone's youtube videos pertaining to ball pythons. I also ordered The complete Ball Python book.

Thank you for the welcome. I really want a ball python but I am going to wait till the reptile show that is coming to my city next month to talk to some breeders and who knows I may walk out with a ball python as well as a cage and some other things.

Thanks
    Oh and I was wondering if any of YOU have this cage setup and if you do could you explain to me the pros and if any the cons. I saw the videos of peoples set ups for this cage but I wanted to get anymore information from owners of this cage.

Thank you for the information in advance.

Thanks
    Brace yourself for a slam...

It looks really nice, but I see the following negatives:
    * Too transparent - 5 of those 6 sides should probably be opaque
    * Overpriced
    * Too limited - sized only for ball pythons, they should have a more diverse line.
    * Nice tagline, but the guy "Ricky" needs to hire someone with more charisma to do their videos, or he should take lessons from the guys at BHB who do Snakebytes. I mean REALLY, compare the two. Ricky reminds me of Sylar from Heroes, in his socially inept watch repair phase.

Two much better, and still good looking enclosure manufactureres come to mind:
    Sly Plastics - similar to Boaphile, but with cleaner, more modern aesthetics.
    Animal Plastics - VERY well loved, and endorsed by many. Clean aesthetics, and neat in a stack.
    Last edited by LizardPants; 05-12-2011 at 09:19 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LizardPants For This Useful Post:

templarknight (05-13-2011)

Thanks
    Thanks LizardPants. I am checking out those companies now. Also you didn't offend me at al with your comments or the slam wasn't hard. I just wanted a little information on what you all thought of the enclosure. Thanks again.

Thanks
    Also, what is the right size cage I should be going for? This will be a cage That I will keep my BP in for its entire life from young to adult.

Also I like Sly Products and Animal Plastics. Thanks again Lizard for the websites.

Thanks

Re: Ricky's Reptile Enclosure

i dont think you really want to get a big tank for a baby ball ..... i bought a 17 qt tub for this baby ball and he would not eat in it babies like more of a confined space i down sized the tub and that week he took to eating and been consistent ever since ....ill wait till he grows a few more inches before i upgrade his tub

Thanks
    I would also suggest tubs for neonates to sub-adults. Start off with a shoe box and two hides one cool side, one hot (don't worry about placement too much, 2 of mine move their hides where they want them). Move up to larger size tubs, and hides as your snake grows. This will be very inexpensive, and you'll have more time to shop around for the right enclosure that suits your snake and your needs.

Tubs:
    Iris - My favorite because they seem to keep the same design year after year, whereas the other two change: Container Store, office supply stores
    Rubbermaid: Target
    Sterilite: Target

Hides:
    Reptile Basics

I would say a 48x24x(12|18|24) would work for a large adult female at 1400+ g. Put a divider in, and it will hold two sub-adults, one on either side. Don't forget 2 hides each.
    Height: your BP doesn't need a lot of height, and will do fine in a tub that is only 6" tall. You can use an enclosure that is 18" tall (rather than 12") so that it is easier to view and clean. If you use a 24" enclosure, you have more versatility later on; if your collection grows and you move the BPs to a rack, you can convert the enclosures to use with arboreal snakes such as GTPs or carpets. The taller you go (24" MAX), the more important it will be to add items to the enclosure to make your BP feel more secure. I wouldn't add items that would allow the BP to climb higher than a few inches.
    Last edited by LizardPants; 05-13-2011 at 11:00 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks for the help. Once I get the snake and the enclosure + everything else for him/her to feel comfortable Ill post pictures of everything.

I already know the color morph I want - Lemon blast. Freakin' love this color morph.

Saw NERDs Granite Yellow Blast and now I dunno if I want the granite one or the regular yellow blast. =D.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast