Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,118

0 members and 3,118 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Slightly old suggestion

Hey everyone

(First I gotta say.. I have suggested one other forum that I can remember.. but that idea wasn't as practical as this one in any way)

I emailed JLC (I believe) about starting a new forum/sub - forum dedicated to feeding videos (any suggestions to expand on this? like having it be a forum not only dedicated to feeding videos.. but to other videos aswell?)

Unfortunately that was quickly done away with because I had the idea and suggested it merely days after the website crashed

so here I am with the idea a little while later. Any mods care to give their opinions and ideas on this?

I know I would personally enjoy a forum like this, I almost always go to youtube to see feeding videos or videos of other peoples collections, and it would be great to see those same style of videos... but from members of this website with their wonderful animals!

Thanks for reading this and hopefully if you guys like the idea you can show some support for it?

Thanks again!
    Last edited by MikeV; 05-11-2011 at 04:39 PM.
    0.1 Super Hypo Tangerine Carrot Tail Baldy Leopard Gecko, "Lily"
    0.1 Colombian BCI Het Snow! "Powder, The Spitzberg Beast"
    1.0 Colombian BCI Lipstick Hypo het Albino, Nameless for now
    0.0.1 Striped California King Snake, Nameless for now
    0.0.1 Northern Pine Snake, "Bubbles"
    1.0 Macklots/Savuensis Python HYBRID, "Shaka 'The Psychopath' Zulu"

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Slightly old suggestion

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner on this matter. The staff has discussed this idea and we are all in agreement that an entire forum dedicated to nothing but feeding videos would not be an efficient use of our space or efforts. We do have the "Herp Media" forum that was intended to be used for both videos and links to news articles. Videos still end up being placed in a variety of different forums. To try and sort videos for specific content would be overly tedious for the staff. In addition to that, we feel that feeding videos in particular are very taste-specific (no pun intended!)...and while they may appeal to a few members, they are not something that the majority of members feel compelled to watch often.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm sorry we can't follow through with it.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Re: Slightly old suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    Hi Mike,

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner on this matter. The staff has discussed this idea and we are all in agreement that an entire forum dedicated to nothing but feeding videos would not be an efficient use of our space or efforts. We do have the "Herp Media" forum that was intended to be used for both videos and links to news articles. Videos still end up being placed in a variety of different forums. To try and sort videos for specific content would be overly tedious for the staff. In addition to that, we feel that feeding videos in particular are very taste-specific (no pun intended!)...and while they may appeal to a few members, they are not something that the majority of members feel compelled to watch often.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm sorry we can't follow through with it.
    LOL you crack me up

Yeah I never thought of it that way though... hmm. Guess I didnt think about it enough :l

Oh well, gave it a shot

Thanks
    0.1 Super Hypo Tangerine Carrot Tail Baldy Leopard Gecko, "Lily"
    0.1 Colombian BCI Het Snow! "Powder, The Spitzberg Beast"
    1.0 Colombian BCI Lipstick Hypo het Albino, Nameless for now
    0.0.1 Striped California King Snake, Nameless for now
    0.0.1 Northern Pine Snake, "Bubbles"
    1.0 Macklots/Savuensis Python HYBRID, "Shaka 'The Psychopath' Zulu"