Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,058

1 members and 3,057 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: What morph is this?

See,

The problem is a normal breeding age female should be around $200 most of the time.

I know it sounds like we are raining on your parade but something is terribly terribly wrong with this picture.

How much do you know about this breeder and is he local? Because it is very very easy to steal a picture from google and claim it is your animal and faking paperwork is easy as well.

I would call the breeder mentioned on the original paperwork and ask if he can confirm the genetics of the animal. Send him a picture of the snake if you have one so he can double check the patterns.

I know you probably don't want to name the breeder involved but is he mentioned on the internet anywhere?

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Hi,

Is the brother described as a Poss het?

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,149 Posts
    I was going to say, no one in their right mind sells a breeder size female of any kind for $25, not even a normal.

A possible het caramel male for $25 sounds a little better. I would make sure that at least one of the boys parents was visual caramel. If he happened to produce the visual male he breeds from two hets, yours will only be a possible het.

Gale
    1.0 Low-white Pied - Yakul | 1.0 Granite het Pied - Nago
    1.0 Mojave - Okoto | 1.0 Vanilla - Kodama
    1.0 Pastel - Koroku | 1.0 Fire - Osa
    0.1 het Pied - Toki | 0.1 het Pied - Mauro
    0.1 Mojave - Kina | 0.1 Blushback Cinnamon - Kuri
    0.1 Fire - Mori | 0.1 Reduced Pinstripe - Sumi
    0.1 Pastel - Yuki | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Akashi
    0.1 Ghana Giant Normal - Tatari | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Kaiya

Thanks
    Have yet to see the paperwork. Like I said, either way, I am planning on purchasing her. I have to get photos but I love her pattern and personality.

Thanks

Um,

Quote Originally Posted by Kendra View Post
    Oops! I got my texts mixed up with the owner! He is selling me the BROTHER of the snake shown above. Not the female.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendra View Post
    Have yet to see the paperwork. Like I said, either way, I am planning on purchasing her. I have to get photos but I love her pattern and personality.
    If your buying the brother it won't be a she.

dr del
    Derek

Thanks
    I meant he! Its all rather confusing! I am going back to his place sometime this week so we will see what happens.

Can you tell I am a newb? And also extremely distracted?

Thanks

Heh,

Don't worry about it.

But, just in case, if the person your planning on buying this animal from is the same one who told you the other two snakes in your other thread were pastels.... Go buy from someone else instead.

I don't know the story behind those two as it is not mentioned in the thread but thought I should mention it in case that was what happened.

Lifes too short to deal with poss hets from people trying to pass off normals as morphs. It's a sad fact but it happens often enough that it bears warning people about.

dr del
    Derek

Thanks
    is this a well known breeder???

I ask.. because you keep mentioning paperwork.. give me 2 minutes and I can paperwork a normal as a quad het..

25$ is a price for a normal, or a low % poss het. Can you tell us who this breeder is??
    ~Brandi H.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.hhhbreeding.com

"My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them." - Mitch Hedberg

Thanks
    He is a local breeder here in Sacramento. More of a home breeder I guess you could say., He says he is het for caramel.

This is the actual snake:

I plan on visiting a few more times I think (after reading this thread...haha.) and doing more research into where he purchased the parents etc. But either way, like I said, the snake is very sweet and I love his pattern. I wasnt originally looking to breed or anything, but now that I've seen the beautiful snakes I've seen, it looks cool. This particular snake was found when the owner responded to my 'WANTED" ad on Craigslsit to adopt a BP.

And no, it's not the same breeder as the pastels, haha. I wrote that one off right away. I found out later(after contacting his supplier) that he had been passing norms off as pastels via Craigslist.

Thanks
    a LOT of "local breeders" are out to rip people off.. no not all.. clearly since many of us here are considered local breeders .. BUT.. when it comes to ANY hets.. ONLY get them from someone you KNOW and TRUST!!!! If it is a new person, make sure you physically see the rest of the babies/or the breeders etc..

like I said.. ANYONE can make FAKE het certificates!!!

better safe then sorry!
    ~Brandi H.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.hhhbreeding.com

"My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them." - Mitch Hedberg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast