Quote Originally Posted by Caleyandanthony View Post
thank you and yes i weighed her she weighs 998 and i fed her for the first time last night and she didnt even hesitate she snatched that rat up so fast it wasnt even funny well actually it was lol but i dont think the people i got her from fed her often cause she is deff skinny and the people i got her from didnt even know if she was a male or female and didnt know anything about snakes i asked to probe her and they were like um whats that
You may want to hold off on breeding her until she's a bit plumper looking, but that doesn't sound too bad. Just be sure you aren't overfeeding her to get her fatter. Fat, lazy snakes that don't use their muscles are more likely to get eggbound because they aren't strong enough to push the eggs out. Weight is NICE because it keeps them from expending all their body fat into feeding the babies. Weight is good because it means they take less time to get back into breeding shape after they have laid. HOWEVER, many factors contribute to the odds. Genetics, age, as well as other factors can add to how good a breeder your snake will be. So most people tend to wait until a female is 3 years old and at least 1200 grams.
You know how they say some women have "child bearing hips"? Just because you've got the hips doesn't mean you will have a perfect birth. Plenty women need C-sections, no matter what their body looks like, BUT having wider hips does give you an advantage, admittedly a small one. Females that are at a good weight AND muscle tone tend to be most successful at having babies! a huge fat (and I mean fat, not just big and muscled) female, any species, with no muscle tone may not have a great birth, while a lean, skinnier female may be fine because she's got the energy and tone to give birth.
Fortunately, snakes haven't been as selectively bred as dogs, where you may have a chihuahua and a great dane -theoretically- able to have pups, though in practice, it doesn't work out XD

Congrats on your new female, she's pretty and if she's a good eater, maybe she will give you eggs this year. Take good care of them and best of luck!!