Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,765

2 members and 2,763 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Crazy Fact of the Day: Brock Lesnar Was the Highest Paid UFC Fighter Last Year

As the rest of us scramble to get our taxes done in the hopes of getting back a nominal return, the world’s highest paid athletes laugh at us from their million-dollar penthouse apartments as they light thousand-dollar cigars with hundred dollar bills as their accountants write checks to Uncle Sam on their behalf to cover what they owe for the year.

Sadly, what the top ball throwers, dribblers, catchers, hitters and kickers pay out in yearly taxes equals more than many of us will make in a single year as long as we live. According to ESPN The Magazine, former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar is a member of that elite club as well.

In a report released today by ETM, Lesnar was the top money earner in the all of MMA last year with a whopping 2010 take-home of $5,300,000 for bouts with Shane Carwin and Cain Velasquez, or $7,670.04 per second of work. These figures don’t include sponsorship money. For those keeping score, the highest paid athlete on the list, Manny Pacquiao who grossed $32,000,000 only averaged $7,407. 41 per second.

Not bad for a pro fighter who has an aversion to getting punched in the face and who only has seven fights under his belt.

Can you see him now?

-Cage Potato
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks

Re: Crazy Fact of the Day: Brock Lesnar Was the Highest Paid UFC Fighter Last Year

Brock Lesnar is the highest PPV draw the UFC has ever had so it's no suprise he gets paid the most. I keep hoping he'll develop some sick Muay Tai & the instinct to hit back when he gets hit.

I really don't think he's a very good coach from what I've seen on this season of T.U.F. but, the guy has an 8 foot Slayer logo on the wall of his private gym so I gotta root for him, as I've been a huge Slayer fan since 1984.

I think Brock has a good chance to beat JDS if he can get it to the ground but, the winner is supposed to get Cain next & I think Brock needs more time to improve his stand up before he even thinks about another shot at Cain.

Thanks
    It is well known Brock don't like to be hit in the face so it will be interesting to see if he is more cautious in his fights and how he will react once he starts getting hit in the face. He has the raw talent and genetics to be good in the sport but if he really dislikes being hit in the face that much then maybe he just isn't in the right sport. And don't get me wrong I don't think anyone enjoys getting hit in the face but most just deal with it. I think it is a major issue for him which could be major flaw in his game. I will be looking forward to see how he does though
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks
    I look forward to seeing Dos Santos crack his face in.

I am not a Lesnar fan at all. I just can't have respect for a guy who gets a title shot in the World's elite MMA organization with a pro record of 1-1 simply because he sells tickets. Ok, so he won that fight, but he never earned it.

Thanks
    I just read Brock pulled out of the Dos Santos fight due to a flare up of the diverticulitis that he has. So Carwin will be fighting Dos Santos now
    Last edited by Boanerges; 05-12-2011 at 06:07 PM.
    Jeff Bernard