Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,315

1 members and 3,314 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Question pricing guidelines????

So how exactly are prices determined for Ball Pythons? From morphs, to quad gene morphs? To different weight and sex's? Is there like a price site or somewhere that I can find a break down of all the pricing etc....????

thanks kindly,

Lance
    NEVER RELEASE FISH OR REPTILES OR ANY ANIMAL INTO THE WILD.

Please read the CARESHEET! to make sure you're doing the best you can for your pet.

Thanks

Re: pricing guidelines????

They are worth what people are willing to pay for them. Price them accordingly. I usually check Kingsnake.com's classifieds to see what others are pricing their morph to help determine what I should price mine at. From my experience, the less reputation you have, the less you need to price your animals. Why would someone buy from someone with little reputation for the same price as someone with good reputation? However, they are more likely to buy from someone with little reputation if they are getting a good deal. Once you build your reputation, you can start pricing your animals higher.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts
    You'll notice price points as you shop online, talk to other breeders, and hit up expos. Prices are ALWAYS in decline for a hatchling of any given morph.

However, if you've got good stock and can produce amazing quality animals, you can easily charge a premium for any given morph, sometimes two or three times the average going rate.

For any morph with a base hatchling price of $500 or more on any given day, it's worth your time and money to hold on to females and feed them rather than dropping prices if you're not finding any interested buyers. On the whole, they will gain in value faster than you spend money on heating, substrate, and feeders for them.

There is also something to be said for believing your stock is worth a certain amount, even if it's more than the "going rate" on competitive classifieds sites such as fauna and kingsnake. If you truly believe your animal is worth $X, then ask for $X and wait it out.

Thanks
    check here.....

BP price
    PLEASE CLICK HERE

5. The Following User Says Thank You to psychophobia For This Useful Post:

lance (04-05-2011)

Thanks
    Don't let people tell you that you HAVE to sell your animals for cheap. There IS a reason for people to buy from someone without a well known reputation -- QUALITY. 2010 was my first year selling ball pythons, and I sold most of what I hatched at the higher end of the market value. I've only got a few 2010 ball pythons left, I held my prices, and in the end I'm happy with what I got for my animals.

Thanks
    thanks everyone for the input what I am really kinda looking out is sorta a guideline as far as like

pastel male: baby's $75 Sub-adult ??? Adult 100-150

only from like a company that is like BHB or constrictors unlimited so I can just have something as a guideline instead of always looking on kingsnake.com or asking around I thought there might be some kind of list like that. Guess not but I guess gotta do what you gotta do. Thanks again from everyone's help

Lance
    NEVER RELEASE FISH OR REPTILES OR ANY ANIMAL INTO THE WILD.

Please read the CARESHEET! to make sure you're doing the best you can for your pet.