Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,958

2 members and 2,956 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

i want to start breed ball python

did anyone here can give a great price for pastel,fire,spider,mojave and albino if i buy a pair of male n female of each morph?mean that i buy 10 bp from any breeder here?what total price of all the snakes?and with a rack for all the snakes?
    PLEASE CLICK HERE

Thanks
    Its be quite a lot im sure but i think that would fall somewhere between 2-3 grand, not including a rack. If you cant find someone to sell you those then you can check the kingsnake.com classifieds and see what you could find. You might have a hard time finding a rack unless its local. Maybe buy from a website. I use animalplastics.com All that being said I wouldnt recommend buying 10 snakes at one time. If your new to ball pythons you should buy one snake and stick to it for a while and get your husbandry down. If you already have one then buy 3-4 of them maybe, to get started. Use that time to get acquainted with feeding multiple snakes. its not as easy as it sounds. As far tracking there feeding cleaning all there tanks (tubs) if you get to many before your ready your husbandry will be lacking and your ball pythons will pay for it. Maybe buy mostly females to start out with a small collection and raise to breeding weight over a couple of years then get your males to breed with (some odd time before there ready)
    just my 2-cents
    1.1 Pastel
    0.1 Normal
    1.0 Mojave
    0.1 Spider

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ss10gotanks For This Useful Post:

nor_cal1980 (04-12-2011)

Thanks

Re: i want to start breed ball python

Buy females first. It takes at least 3 years for most females to be breeding size.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ss10gotanks View Post
    Its be quite a lot im sure but i think that would fall somewhere between 2-3 grand, not including a rack. If you cant find someone to sell you those then you can check the kingsnake.com classifieds and see what you could find. You might have a hard time finding a rack unless its local. Maybe buy from a website. I use animalplastics.com All that being said I wouldnt recommend buying 10 snakes at one time. If your new to ball pythons you should buy one snake and stick to it for a while and get your husbandry down. If you already have one then buy 3-4 of them maybe, to get started. Use that time to get acquainted with feeding multiple snakes. its not as easy as it sounds. As far tracking there feeding cleaning all there tanks (tubs) if you get to many before your ready your husbandry will be lacking and your ball pythons will pay for it. Maybe buy mostly females to start out with a small collection and raise to breeding weight over a couple of years then get your males to breed with (some odd time before there ready)
    just my 2-cents
    you, myself, And plenty other people have told this person the same thing about starting a bit smaller and working his way up. I highly doubt he paid any attention and if he wants to blow a few grand he's going to. sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Xan Powers!
    -Going back to being active-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psychophobia View Post
    did anyone here can give a great price for pastel,fire,spider,mojave and albino if i buy a pair of male n female of each morph?mean that i buy 10 bp from any breeder here?what total price of all the snakes?and with a rack for all the snakes?

what happened with all the links and sites that i sent you ??
    some of the breeders that i gave you even ship internationally,and by the way
    i would recommend you build your own rack because the shipping cost would be
    way to high to ship.
    Last edited by ryan427; 04-13-2011 at 02:26 PM.

1.0 Albino het Genetic Stripe
    0.1 Albino
    1.1 Lesser
    0.1 Blue Eyed Leucistic
    0.1 Pied
    1.0 Pastel het Pied
    0.1 Normal

Thanks
    Everyone has given you wonderful advise on this subject. It would be a shame for the balls if you got all of them over there, got going and realized you had a problem with too many or potential multiple feeding issues all at once, illness', housing etc. Everyone starts slowly. For me when I first started I really worried about how I was going to care for so many reptiles all at once. So I got a couple here got my system in place, got comfortable, and got some more here and there. And did the process all over again.
    Again this isn't something You want to do in one big shot. If you really want to do this I highly recommend starting slow with a couple pairs and seeing what breeding is all about. It would really suck to get a bunch of gorgeous pairs and have none of them produce, or lose ever single egg bc you hurried things. This probably isn't what you want to hear but in the end you will still do what you wish. This shouldn't be some get rich quick scheme or fad that you want to jump into the breeding ball python boat for. I do it bc I love the animals and that alone.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Homegrownscales For This Useful Post:

HighVoltageRoyals (04-18-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryan427 View Post
    what happened with all the links and sites that i sent you ??
    some of the breeders that i gave you even ship internationally,and by the way
    i would recommend you build your own rack because the shipping cost would be
    way to high to ship.
    tehy dont have any snake that i want.n some of them is very expensive.i contact some of them but they dont have new stock.
    PLEASE CLICK HERE

Thanks
    i will start it slowly.i already buy a new 0.1 pastel.after this i will buy 1.0 fire.n try to produce firefly,then after i sell the offspring,i will use the money to buy more pastel.what do u think about this idea??............
    PLEASE CLICK HERE

Thanks
    By the time you successfully produce your fireflies.. it will cost only 20% of what it cost now.. so do your homework..