Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,523

0 members and 3,523 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Checking In

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Checking In

It's been awhile! Too long, I'm sure. But things change and evolve over time, and I think my journal here will, too. I do still intend to keep up with it, but probably much more sporadically than I intended when I first began. I think I'll ditch the daily count as well, but may hit up important anniversary dates with it. I'm finding that counting the days is like counting the minutes to a greatly anticipated moment...it just makes the time drag that much more slowly. But eventually, I'll look back and be astonished at how far I've come.

I don't even remember how much I weighed when I last checked in, so I can't say how much weight I've lost specifically since then. But I can tell you that I broke through a plateau that I'd been stuck on for weeks, and have dropped below a personal milestone that I'm very happy about. Still have a long way to go, of course, but I'm going and nothing's gonna stop me!

I think one of the key things I'm learning this time around is that I don't have to be perfect in order to get where I want to go. So maybe I goofed up yesterday and made an unwise choice... In the past, I might have let that "failure" discourage me to the point of throwing in the towel yet again because I obviously don't have whatever it takes to stick with it. But today....I can look at a moment like that and realize that in the grand scheme of things, it's so minuscule. Yesterday's slip-up isn't going to affect my overall weight loss for the year one whit, unless I use it as an excuse to give up.

I found a really great site that has helped me tremendously in the last couple of weeks. It's a weight loss plan, tracking system, and online community all rolled into one. The amount of resources there is staggering and almost overwhelming. It's called SparkPeople (Google it ) and if anyone out there is looking for tools and/or support to help them in this particular journey, I highly recommend it. When I say "weight loss plan" I mean to say that they have a very comprehensive and balanced program that you can follow...but the entire system is also very customizable so you can fit it to whatever fit your personal needs best. And the whole thing is entirely free. If anyone wants to find me over there, just shoot me a PM and I'll let you know how.

So...that's where I am these days. Still trucking along....in mostly a straight line.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
    - Proverbs 3:5,6

-- Judy

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts
    Way to go. You've learned much. Admirable.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

JLC (03-27-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Checking In

Hi Judy, I am familiar with the Spark People site. I love their sister site, SparkRecipes.com and I get a lot of ideas from that site as well!

Glad to hear that your journey to good health continues and that you're making changes that will sustain you!

I'm still chugging along on Weight Watchers and loving every day of it! I had an epiphany that I can chug along through my life doing nothing and continuing to put on weight, or I can chug along through my days following Weight Watchers and see continued improvements to my health and my own mental state of being as well.

I have a feeling when we see each other again, we're not going to recognize each other!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    I have a feeling when we see each other again, we're not going to recognize each other!
    Can't wait!!!

I've pulled some really cool looking recipes from SparkRecipes...now I just have to get off my duff and try them. I don't know why it's so hard for me to try new recipes, but it is...I'm very much a creature of habit in the kitchen, which is probably one reason why it's a challenge to get a solid consistency with healthy eating. But...I'm getting there!
    -- Judy

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I would love to hear about how you're doing, Judy
    Augie 1.0.0 Lemon Pastel BP
    Rio 1.0.0 South Brazilian BCA
    Blaze 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa

7. The Following User Says Thank You to fishmommy For This Useful Post:

JLC (04-16-2011)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fishmommy View Post
    I would love to hear about how you're doing, Judy
    Thanks! I'm hanging in there. Losing about a pound a week these last few weeks...and I'm learning to be happy with that. Not as fast as I always dream it should be...but I'm learning to be content with slow and steady.
    -- Judy

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    That's awesome! You're an amazing woman. Be in it to win it

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    So I am now joining you Judy on the journey to lose weight, get back in shape, and improve my health through clean living.

I let everything go to hell during the great book writing experiment, but the party is definitely over now!

How are you faring?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fishmommy View Post
    So I am now joining you Judy on the journey to lose weight, get back in shape, and improve my health through clean living.

I let everything go to hell during the great book writing experiment, but the party is definitely over now!

How are you faring?
    I'm.....hanging in there. 'Bout the best I can say right now. So long as I don't lose too much ground over the next few weeks, I'll be happy. We're moving again this summer and it's got me tied up in knots. I should write a new update.

I'm thrilled to hear of your resolve, though! I hope you'll start your own threads and share the journey with us. Often, it helps a lot to gain strength and motivation when reading about someone else's success. I know you'll do great!!
    -- Judy

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    hang in there!

For me I hope it's as simple as starting to exercise again (used to every day until the book happened) and NOT eating everything I want everytime I want.
    Been back on a 'normal' 1200-1500 calorie diet for about 4 days now and hoping to just follow that track back to a normal weight. Exercise will start this week after I get back from a quick trip to visit friends.

I'm hoping to lose some flab between now and my birthday at the end of July - who wants to get a tattoo on a flabby upper arm? not me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast