Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,242

0 members and 3,242 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member Lizardlicks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 657 Posts

Re: Anyone else have trouble with Big Apple pet Supply?

Yeah, sure is! That's kind of scary they would be that sloppy with potentially dangerous electrical heating stuff.

Thanks

Re: Anyone else have trouble with Big Apple pet Supply? you sound way to protective.

Quote Originally Posted by mypethouse View Post
    I happened to see your note and that's hard for me to understand how that can happen. I have used Big Apple Pet Supply for about 7 years and have probably placed no less than 40 to 50 orders. Mostly I have used them for reptile supplies but I have purchased 3 reptiles, 2 cages and an awesome aquarium kit as well. Every single order was flawless - I mean literally packed like the crown jewels were being shipped to me and almost everything I ordered arrived the next day (live in NY (Hamptons) &CT).

If you really think you were mishandled you should contact the owner at Big Apple Pet Supply because he always makes everything right. For you to come on here and anonymously state your grievance with something about a glued controller seems in poor taste to me. Your comment about horrible service is also ridiculous considering my repeated amazing experiences with them.

Oh, and Big Apple if you read this thanks again for all the great products - how about a discount next time :-) (JK)

John Wilson
    - - - Updated - - -

I happened to see your note and that's hard for me to understand how that can happen. I have used Big Apple Pet Supply for about 7 years and have probably placed no less than 40 to 50 orders. Mostly I have used them for reptile supplies but I have purchased 3 reptiles, 2 cages and an awesome aquarium kit as well. Every single order was flawless - I mean literally packed like the crown jewels were being shipped to me and almost everything I ordered arrived the next day (live in NY (Hamptons) &CT).

If you really think you were mishandled you should contact the owner at Big Apple Pet Supply because he always makes everything right. For you to come on here and anonymously state your grievance with something about a glued controller seems in poor taste to me. Your comment about horrible service is also ridiculous considering my repeated amazing experiences with them.

Oh, and Big Apple if you read this thanks again for all the great products - how about a discount next time :-) (JK)

John Wilson

Thanks

You sound way to protective of Big Apple

This package was well packed that's the positive. Now for the rest, no directions to speak of just a paper of an example of something that's probably not what you got. I watched the Youtube video on the guy putting it together it doesn't go that easy. First off I got the the wide horizontal and the way these cages are designed that cage has two pieces for the bottom the place down the middle for a divider I didn't want the problem there is you have these holes down the middle of the cage and they Supply nothing to plug them. I have two baby corn snakes who could either Escape or be killed or injured trying. So I guess you duct tape it or something ridiculous. It really is pretty difficult to get the front and backed to fit in the slots. I followed the little one paper diagram with few words I set the back-end first as it directed and first thing I notice is two two and a half to 3 inch long deep scratches I figured it was the back I can live with it. I set the front in I noticed a crack all the way across the upper corner which demonstrated just how flimsy and cheap the plastic is very thin and brittle about 1/8''. This cage cost way too much for its very cheap terrible design. I called them right away and got an answering machine also email them the pictures. I am not excited about having to go through and deal with this piece of junk. 60.45 return shipping on this damaged item. If I liked it I wanted to buy another it's up to you but I think it's a waste of money. Days later getting the runaround from Andy at Big Apple. He says he did not receive photos, then can you send a different photo circled, doesn't want to discuss a return. If you buy a cage without the dividers extra bottom of cage shown in last picture you got holes big enough for baby corn snakes to escape, be injured or killed, he said to use some gorilla tape....lol. bad bad bad this is a terrible product, service. I told him on the third day, you pay this price for anything you shouldn't have to use tape to make it functionable. I need a cage! He stopped returning emails. He didn't offer one solution or even to replace the cheap plastic parts. I have filed a dispute with my charge card & paypal. I am out $60.45return shipping. Honestly not worth the money in useable condition. No excuse for bad service. I't not biased to have this experience and write the truth.

Thanks

Re: Anyone else have trouble with Big Apple pet Supply? Yes !

Quote Originally Posted by luvzebra3 View Post
    I recently ordered UTH from Big Apple Pet Supply? I placed the heat mat under my new enclosure and went to turn it on and the switch would not move. They made me pay to ship it back and then accused me of putting glue into the switch!!! I couldn't believe it! Why on earth would I put glue into the switch? Especially since that would mean I couldn't put my snake into her new enclosure! That is how they sent it to me! Absolutely HORRIBLE customer service - so beware! They will ship you faulty products, then charge you to replace it and then accuse you of breaking it!
    This package was well packed that's the positive. Now for the rest, no directions to speak of just a paper of an example of something that's probably not what you got. I watched the Youtube video on the guy putting it together it doesn't go that easy. First off I got the the wide horizontal and the way these cages are designed that cage has two pieces for the bottom the place down the middle for a divider I didn't want the problem there is you have these holes down the middle of the cage and they Supply nothing to plug them. I have two baby corn snakes who could either Escape or be killed or injured trying. So I guess you duct tape it or something ridiculous. It really is pretty difficult to get the front and backed to fit in the slots. I followed the little one paper diagram with few words I set the back-end first as it directed and first thing I notice is two two and a half to 3 inch long deep scratches I figured it was the back I can live with it. I set the front in I noticed a crack all the way across the upper corner which demonstrated just how flimsy and cheap the plastic is very thin and brittle about 1/8''. This cage cost way too much for its very cheap terrible design. I called them right away and got an answering machine also email them the pictures. I am not excited about having to go through and deal with this piece of junk. 60.45 return shipping on this damaged item. If I liked it I wanted to buy another it's up to you but I think it's a waste of money. Days later getting the runaround from Andy at Big Apple. He says he did not receive photos, then can you send a different photo circled, doesn't want to discuss a return. If you buy a cage without the dividers extra bottom of cage shown in last picture you got holes big enough for baby corn snakes to escape, be injured or killed, he said to use some gorilla tape....lol. bad bad bad this is a terrible product, service. I told him on the third day, you pay this price for anything you shouldn't have to use tape to make it functionable. I need a cage! He stopped returning emails. He didn't offer one solution or even to replace the cheap plastic parts. I have filed a dispute with my charge card & paypal. I am out $60.45return shipping. Honestly not worth the money in useable condition. No excuse for bad service. I't not biased to have this experience and write the truth.

Thanks

John Wilson
    brown noser

Thanks
    Oh, yeah, so a while back I ordered a thermostat from Big Apple, flexwatt, and cords.

The thermostat fit non-polarized plugs, but they sent cords with polarized plugs. That was tedious and stupid. If it weren't stuff just for bugs I'd have been pissed.

End result, my business goes to Reptile Basics and my cheap thermostats are coming from amazon.
    Ball Pythons 1.1 Lesser, Pastel
    1.0 Lesser Pastel, 0.0.7 mixed babies

Thanks
    Only ordered from them one time... thermostat and heatmat. Order came OK, but I have not been overly impressed with the quality of the heatmat / t-stat. It seems the t-stat has a larger lag time between the mat overheating and it shutting off (i.e. it only shuts off when it is maybe 20 degrees hotter than it should be). As a result, I ended up throwing away the t-stat and going with a hydrofarm. I probably won't be ordering from them anymore. IMO, there are better prices and quality to be had.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 775 Posts
    Never have and never will order from Big Apple Pet Supply.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I've had one experience with Big Apple... there's a BOI thread on them over on Fauna Classified. (Short version) April 2016 saw YouTube video of adult female Miami Corn Snake. Lovely gray back ground and deep colored saddles. Called. Told she was still available; verified it's the exact one in the video. They sent me an adult classic Corn Snake. I sent them pictures. They told me that was the snake in the video...and that Miami's are known for their bright orange and yellow coloration. That is totally incorrect. I looked it up and sent them the morph description and they refused to admit their error. Gave me the BS line of if I don't like the snake, I can pay shipping and they'll send me a different one. It's not that I "don't like" the snake, it's the WRONG snake. So... her name is Gypsy, she's a lovely classic, and I won't do business with them ever again.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,859 Times in 4,779 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DLena View Post
    I've had one experience with Big Apple... there's a BOI thread on them over on Fauna Classified. (Short version) April 2016 saw YouTube video of adult female Miami Corn Snake. Lovely gray back ground and deep colored saddles. Called. Told she was still available; verified it's the exact one in the video. They sent me an adult classic Corn Snake. I sent them pictures. They told me that was the snake in the video...and that Miami's are known for their bright orange and yellow coloration. That is totally incorrect. I looked it up and sent them the morph description and they refused to admit their error. Gave me the BS line of if I don't like the snake, I can pay shipping and they'll send me a different one. It's not that I "don't like" the snake, it's the WRONG snake. So... her name is Gypsy, she's a lovely classic, and I won't do business with them ever again.
    Bear in mind they don't stock any animals, they drop-ship from larger sellers like ReptMart and Snakes at Sunset. So, you might as well just buy from them directly and save some money.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast