Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,088

3 members and 3,085 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    I think everyone would be less apt to think something was up if you had posted on another post first, it does seem rather odd. And you say anonymous like everyone here doesn't have a user name, avatar pic and some know each other in "real life". When you purchase something online you do so with some anonymity but if the op has issues with the customer service they have the right to voice them.

I personally have used big apple herp on one occasion to purchase their thermostat. It's not the greatest but it gets the job done.

Why are you making your personal crusade as a new member of a forum to defend a company that isn't yours?

sent from my EVO
    1.0 Spider "Charlie"
    1.1 Normal "Precious" "Chumley"
    0.1 Pastel "Sweet Dee"
    1.1 Mojave "Stewie" "Little Bit"
    0.1 Lesser "Sally"
    1.0 Pied "Jack"
    1.0 Nile Monitor "Superman"
    0.1 Bearded Dragons "Snookie"
    0.0.1 Sulcuta Tortoise "Kenny Powers"
    1.0 Chocolate lab "Dante"
    1.0 Now snake obsessed boyfriend

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jbean7916 For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (04-23-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    mypethouse we are still laughing at you btw.

well this is from 2004....
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/pet-shop...stev-823fw.htm

http://www.ripoffreport.com/pet-shop...this-dbw8e.htm

and just to verify its them, domain is registered to the same address
    http://www.networksolutions.com/whoi...gappleherp.com

problems in the frog world....
    http://www.frogforum.net/african-bul...ld-giants.html

product review for turtles
    http://www.turtletimes.com/forums/to...s-thumbs-down/

obviously your not the only one with problems, but the first link sounds a lot like your story. Looks like this isn't an isolated incident.
    Last edited by OhhWatALoser; 03-13-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Thanks

Re: Anyone else have trouble with Big Apple pet Supply?

Quote Originally Posted by mypethouse View Post
    You know what is interesting, a bunch of anonymous people get on a forum to blast some company about something ridiculous. Then, when someone who has ordered multiple times from Big Apple says they have ordered many times and received great service they get blasted too and told they are liars.

I have a lot of animals and have had great experiences and I'm sorry that the person who started this thread did not. I say call Big Apple and speak to them because I believe they are a reputable company.

I have forwarded this thread to them so they know about it.

What I would like to know from the person who posted it please forward to this forum the information you received from Big Apple.

1) Did they refund you for the product?
    2) Provide you with a new unit?

Your post did not include how this was handled.

To the rest of you I am new but I don't think I deserve to be flamed because this is my first post and my name is what it is - I have nothing to hide.
    I don't think anyone is trying to call anyone a liar. They are simply stating you should not be flaming the other user for telling us about his experience with that company. People are saying as well that you are saying it's a bad thing to make his first post in this forum a flame against Big Apple, yet your first post is to build them up, a bit ironic in my opinion.

However, in defense of big apple, I'm sure they're a decent sized company and the owner cannot handle all issues by himself. There is no sense in customer service accusing the customer of anything and I would be interested in hearing about what was done to make this right.

Thanks
    mypethouse - I already told them about it!

I also did not flame you - everyone is entitled to their opinion. I needed other products so I had already ordered a replacement with that order.

UPDATE - Just got off the phone with Steve, the owner of Big Apple - he was great (called me on a Sunday)! He had no idea this was happening and apologized. He agreed it was not handled well and he verified that a credit was given (hadn't shown up on my bank statement yet).He saw that I was a good client of his and even gave me a credit to use later.
    Lesson: go to Steve if you have any issues with his company! I am sorry it came to this.
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Mohave BP
    0.1 Lesser Platinum BP
    0.2 Corn snakes
    2.3.1 Crested geckos
    1.1 Bearded dragons
    1.0 leopard gecko
    1.1 tortoises

Thanks
    deftones2015 - Steve seemed very concerned about his customers being happy and will speak to the other people involved. He agreed it was not handled very well at all.
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Mohave BP
    0.1 Lesser Platinum BP
    0.2 Corn snakes
    2.3.1 Crested geckos
    1.1 Bearded dragons
    1.0 leopard gecko
    1.1 tortoises

Thanks

Glad to hear everything worked out for you. Sucks that customers have to deal with not so friendly employees sometimes though.

Thanks

I too am glad that everything worked out for you. I do not understand @ OhhWatAloser's concept of showing a few posts that ranged from a few years old to as much as 7 years ago. I mean go search out any company online as large as Big Apple Pet Supply and see how many negative posts show up.

My guess is that Big Apple handles thousands of orders each month and you were able to dig up a whopping 4 from the last seven years?

So why did I post here, because I consider the people at Big Apple my friends as well. The OP indicated she spoke to Steve and I too have spoken to Steve over the course of many years and orders and the help he has provided to me has been incredible. I continue to order from them because in my opinion they are the best in the business. I can't believe I actually have to prove myself but here is a copy of the email from them for my last order...

Dear John Wilson,

Thank you for purchasing from Big Apple Pet Supply.

At any time you may log into your account to check your order status.

Your order no. 812-147836 has been received.

Order Summary:
    Item
    Qty
    Description
    Options
    Rate
    Amount
    FREE With $280 Purchase - Days Hike Fanny Pack (Assorted Colors)
    FREE With $280 Purchase - Days Hike Fanny Pack (Assorted Colors) Bin: 40E
    :cens0r:
    :cens0r:
    Big Apple Pro Series Granite Acrylic Cages
    Big Apple Pro Series Granite Acrylic Cage with Sliding Glass Doors (INCLUDES Screen Top) - 70 Gallon (36"L x 18"W x 25"H)
    Granite Cage Model: 70 Gallon INCLUDING Screen Top (36"L x 18"W x 25"H)
    $309.95
    $309.95
    Subtotal
    $309.95
    Shipping & Handling
    $107.20
    Tax
    Total
    $453.65

Order Shipping Information:
    John Wilson
    8 ************ Lane
    Southampton, NY 11968
    United States

Order Billing Information:
    John Wilson
    8 ************ Lane
    Southampton, NY 11968
    United States

Ship Via: UPS Freight Charge

If you would like to track the status of your order, please go to https: //checkout.netsuite.com/app/center/********* to access your account.

Thank you for your business.

Big Apple Pet Supply

PLEASE NOTE I HAVE CENSORED THE URL ABOVE TO MY ONLINE ACCOUNT WITH THEM AS WELL AS MY FULL ADDRESS FOR OBVIOUS SECURITY REASONS
    Last edited by mypethouse; 03-13-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Thanks

I too am glad that everything worked out for you. I do not understand @ OhhWatAloser's concept of showing a few posts that ranged from a few years old to as much as 7 years ago. I mean go search out any company online as large as Big Apple Pet Supply and see how many negative posts show up.
    Thats exactly what I did and there is tons of them, im not going to spam the forum, I was just showing a range of problems, again its not an isolated incident as you implied.

I find it ironic that only something was done AFTER this went public and after you appeared, which you apparently live less than a hour away. Why did this happen in the first place? Why was the OP accused of fraud? Why did he have to pay shipping for an defective item, regardless of it being fixed later?

Even if Steve is a good guy his companies customer service is still crap. No one should ever be accused of a crime. That's just outright unacceptable and its not the first time this has happened, regardless of it being years ago.

Even if you are telling the truth, you have only hurt this company in some people minds, but your defensive tone and all around suspicious nature, I don't believe you.
    Last edited by OhhWatALoser; 03-13-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks

@ OhwhatALoser It can be readily discerned that you enjoy this kind of thing from your abrasive tag name.

It must give you some kind of joy to anonymously send posts from your mobile home in some rural town where you delight in putting others down before you go to your $8 an hour job at the local diner washing dishes.

Personally, I don't believe you - I think you're an absolute loser who probably has little to his name and readily beat down others to feel better about yourself and your lack of any real power.

No need to answer as I intend not to post further. I do not usually partake of forums because they are often peppered with people like yourself who poison the entire group.

Thanks

@ OhwhatALoser It can be readily discerned that you enjoy this kind of thing from your abrasive tag name.

It must give you some kind of joy to anonymously send posts from your mobile home in some rural town where you delight in putting others down before you go to your $8 an hour job at the local diner washing dishes.

Personally, I don't believe you - I think you're an absolute loser who probably has little to his name and readily beat down others to feel better about yourself and your lack of any real power.

No need to answer as I intend not to post further. I do not usually partake of forums because they are often peppered with people like yourself who poison the entire group.
    so everyone here is anything he said true? You fail sir.

Steve do you really need to anonymously defend your company this bad?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast