Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,136

1 members and 2,135 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Anyone else have trouble with Big Apple pet Supply?

I recently ordered UTH from Big Apple Pet Supply? I placed the heat mat under my new enclosure and went to turn it on and the switch would not move. They made me pay to ship it back and then accused me of putting glue into the switch!!! I couldn't believe it! Why on earth would I put glue into the switch? Especially since that would mean I couldn't put my snake into her new enclosure! That is how they sent it to me! Absolutely HORRIBLE customer service - so beware! They will ship you faulty products, then charge you to replace it and then accuse you of breaking it!
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Mohave BP
    0.1 Lesser Platinum BP
    0.2 Corn snakes
    2.3.1 Crested geckos
    1.1 Bearded dragons
    1.0 leopard gecko
    1.1 tortoises

Thanks

Re: Anyone else have trouble with Big Apple pet Supply?

I happened to see your note and that's hard for me to understand how that can happen. I have used Big Apple Pet Supply for about 7 years and have probably placed no less than 40 to 50 orders. Mostly I have used them for reptile supplies but I have purchased 3 reptiles, 2 cages and an awesome aquarium kit as well. Every single order was flawless - I mean literally packed like the crown jewels were being shipped to me and almost everything I ordered arrived the next day (live in NY (Hamptons) &CT).

If you really think you were mishandled you should contact the owner at Big Apple Pet Supply because he always makes everything right. For you to come on here and anonymously state your grievance with something about a glued controller seems in poor taste to me. Your comment about horrible service is also ridiculous considering my repeated amazing experiences with them.

Oh, and Big Apple if you read this thanks again for all the great products - how about a discount next time :-) (JK)

John Wilson
    Last edited by mypethouse; 03-13-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Thanks
    It also seems mighty funny that you just joined to give praise to Big Apple Pet Supply.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheWinWizard For This Useful Post:

Deu2e (04-01-2017),luvzebra3 (03-13-2011),Samurai (08-07-2019)

Thanks
    mypethouse,
    simply because you had excellent service from BA doesnt mean that everybody else has. congratulations to you.

luvzebra3,
    i understand your frustration. i would definitely call back and talk to someone who has the authority to give you a full refund. i'm picky about customer service. whether its an isolated incident or not they need to make it right.

good luck
    "you only regret the risks in life you DON'T take."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheWinWizard View Post
    It also seems mighty funny that you just joined to give praise to Big Apple Pet Supply.
    i didnt even notice that. well its pretty obvious who posted that raving review of BA
    "you only regret the risks in life you DON'T take."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mypethouse View Post
    If you really think you were mishandled you should contact the owner at Big Apple Pet Supply because he always makes everything right. For you to come on here and anonymously state your grievance with something about a glued controller seems in poor taste to me. Your comment about horrible service is also ridiculous considering my repeated amazing experiences with them.

Oh, and Big Apple if you read this thanks again for all the great products - how about a discount next time :-) (JK)

John Wilson
    Big Apple Pet Supply epic fail

well Mr. "John Wilson" (surprised your name isn't John Smith), how dare you accuse the OP of doing this in poor taste.

A company ask for me to pay shipping to replace a faulty item, that's unheard of. But then again, some online store joining a forum just to counter a bad review is also unheard of. Both very low things to do.

Or we can get the conspiracies rolling and maybe the OP and mypethouse are the same person lol. Some how I'm doubting it though. Mods you able to check IP's?
    Last edited by OhhWatALoser; 03-13-2011 at 11:10 AM.

Thanks
    In my last email to them I did mention that I would letting people on all the forums I am on know what had happened! I was just shocked at their treatment of a FORMERLY good client. I, too had placed many orders to them over the years and was not worried at first when I discovered the problem. After emailing and speaking to them on the phone, their true colors came out and they were far from helpful!
    In the first email they sent me in answer to my telling them the problem, they actually said
    "If the mat is stuck in the low setting which is normally how it comes 99.9% of people leave it there and never go to medium or high because that is typically too hot. "
    Can you believe it?! Its OK if its stuck because I won't need the other settings!
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Mohave BP
    0.1 Lesser Platinum BP
    0.2 Corn snakes
    2.3.1 Crested geckos
    1.1 Bearded dragons
    1.0 leopard gecko
    1.1 tortoises

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

Nobody in this thread shares an IP with anyone else that I can see on a quick inspection.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

OhhWatALoser (03-13-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mypethouse View Post
    Your comment about horrible service is also ridiculous considering my repeated amazing experiences with them.
    Even a billion instances of good customer service does not make one instance of horrible customer service "ridiculous", if it was in fact horrible. Accusing the customer of things he/she did not do is, IMO, horrible customer service.

Thanks

You know what is interesting, a bunch of anonymous people get on a forum to blast some company about something ridiculous. Then, when someone who has ordered multiple times from Big Apple says they have ordered many times and received great service they get blasted too and told they are liars.

I have a lot of animals and have had great experiences and I'm sorry that the person who started this thread did not. I say call Big Apple and speak to them because I believe they are a reputable company.

I have forwarded this thread to them so they know about it.

What I would like to know from the person who posted it please forward to this forum the information you received from Big Apple.

1) Did they refund you for the product?
    2) Provide you with a new unit?

Your post did not include how this was handled.

To the rest of you I am new but I don't think I deserve to be flamed because this is my first post and my name is what it is - I have nothing to hide.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast