Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,142

3 members and 3,139 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Question Opinions on tank size and air flow..

First of all, my rescue, recently re-named "Slevin", is 100% better than when I got him! Never refused a meal with me (hardly ate in his previous home), putting on weight slowly, and loves to be handled!
    (ALREADY TOOK OUT THAT DUCT TAPED "PERCH", HADN'T REALIZED THE TAPE COULD COME LOOSE, SO NO COMMENTS ABOUT THAT PLEASE)

I've already asked a few knowledgeable sources, but I'm still hesitant on what I'm going to do.

I was give a free 48" x 14" x 16" glass terrarium. I've already modified it to lay on its side with a plexiglass hinged door on the front, seeing as screen tops are such a difficulty to work with. I am curious what all of your opinions are on the proper tank size for a grown BP. My BP is currently +/-30" (approx. 2yrs), un-sexed. So I'm unsure how big he/she will get after I get it up to proper weight (currently under weight from previous owner). My plan was to divide the tank into two, 24" x 16" x 14" (w x d x h), I already have the divider made but am hesitant to install it because some say this is too small for a grown BP and others say they should be just fine. So, I'd appreciate ALL opinions on the matter!

And secondly, what do you personally do to solve the "stagnant air" issue. I've been told improper air flow can lead to an unhealthy BP, yet air flow is a direct cause of low humidity, also unhealthy. I plan to get a rack as soon as I can afford one, so what do you guys do in your rack AND tanks to stimulate air flow?

Thanks for your time!
    1.0 '12 Irian Jaya Carpet Python
    0.1 '09 Normal BP
    1.0 '07 Normal BP
    1.0 '08 Pinstripe BP
    0.0.1 Nelson's Milk Snake

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've never heard anything about airflow. I have small holes soldered into my tubs, and only on one side of the tub. So there is pretty much no airflow in my tubs, it should be about the same for anyone else using a rack system.