Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,926

1 members and 2,925 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks
    According to the lady behind it all, death is better than the pain of what humans do to the animals--including household pets where the animals were loved and cared for. The killing means they don't have to spend money caring for animals, and they can say how horrible all the people they rescued them from are and fuel the fire.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts

Re: Down with peta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
    I think things tend to get too black and white with peta views. a lot of Anti-Peta members think all Peta members are this crazy. A lot of Peta members think all anti peta members are nasty, animal hating meat eaters! Biggest things I see in these arguments in the past: Peta members believe anyone against them think animals should be mistreated and abused and eaten--not the case, plenty of anti-peta vegetarians out there. And no one really wants animals to be abused. Peta members also believe people against them are lazy and 'at least they are doing something'--but really, what ARE they doing? radical attacks that end up causing more harm than good. So what do you do to help animals??

This is easy. Again, the answer is education! People need to KNOW what exactly they are supporting, and I don't think you need a violent organization like this to do what the average peta supporter wants to do--help animals. Donate to local shelters, get your animals spayed and neutered, do stuff yourself, and do your own research. If you choose to eat meat, try to buy from humane companies.

Not all companionship with humans is bad. If we want to liberate all animals, what about the animals that would otherwise be extinct? What do we do with Betta Splendens--a species that does not exist in the wild. Kill them all? Sounds like Peta's answer. And with the ever growing spread of human population, sadly, even more animals will soon rely on humans for survival due to loss of habitat. Is it better to let them suffer and die in what is left of a destroyed environment, or do our best to give them a comfortable life in the best conditions possible... Our animals may not have the miles to roam around they would, but we give them exercise.. They also don't have to deal with predators, and we heal their diseases and wounds!

I don't think the world is perfect or is caring for animals right as it is. But PETA isn't the answer. Instead of total release of all animals into the wild/death to those that won't survive... It's all about educating people on more humane ways to treat animals. With science growing so exponentially, things are getting cheaper. What before was not possible due to money, companies can now do to make their animals more comfortable. I know when I buy f/t for my snakes, I try to buy from companies who treat their rats like beloved pets, clean, well fed, given fresh water, all that.. I think I can ask the same of those I buy my own meat from. and I don't need to throw buckets of blood on people to do it, lol!
    Well said

According to the lady behind it all, death is better than the pain of what humans do to the animals--including household pets where the animals were loved and cared for. The killing means they don't have to spend money caring for animals, and they can say how horrible all the people they rescued them from are and fuel the fire.
    I love the way they deny any knowledge when their employees get busted, like the chick on trial for dumping all those dead dogs in a dumpster after getting them from that vet, telling him they would find them good homes, what a croc.

My daughter in law is a vegan (God love her), and I have learned to be sympathetic to her views on vegan-ism, I even cook vegan for her in addition to regular Sunday dinner.

She used to leave my home crying, when I used to point out all the underhanded things the fanatics at peta have done. Now she sees the err of their ways, and it saddens her deeply.
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks
    It's really a shame, there are a lot of good, well meaning people in that group.. But they are blinded by the lies the leaders tell. It's really terrible! And it's such a sensitive topic, it's hard to explain it without coming off as a big bad bully!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to purplemuffin For This Useful Post:

Anya (06-21-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts

It's really a shame, there are a lot of good, well meaning people in that group.. But they are blinded by the lies the leaders tell. It's really terrible! And it's such a sensitive topic, it's hard to explain it without coming off as a big bad bully!
    Well call me a bully then , I don't mince nor sugar coat words, and would love to debate with them
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks

Grrr...

But what really makes me wonder about PETA is the fact that theyre an AR group that kills thousand of animals, so if theyre not in it for the animals than what are they in it for?!?

Thanks

Re: Grrr...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Browning View Post
    But what really makes me wonder about PETA is the fact that theyre an AR group that kills thousand of animals, so if theyre not in it for the animals than what are they in it for?!?
    Same thing Al Gore is in the "global warming" bs for..... money
    Paul

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PweEzy For This Useful Post:

Jason Bowden (03-23-2011),Jeremy Browning (03-21-2011)

Thanks

PETA is a load of BS. I live in Kansas, which is next to one of the worst states for puppy, retile, and cat mills in all of America, and I have yet to see PETA do a dang thing about it. The police and firefighters do more than they ever will. They're so busy shoving their self-righteous bs down people's throats and throwing paint and blood on fur coats to actually do anything productive. They do kill more animals than they help, the local shelter holds like ten fund-raisers a year because they told the ASPCA and Peta where they could stick their so called "grant" money. They run it all off of the true goodness of true petlover's hearts.

Thanks

I agree, if PETA wants to be the stupid hollow minded fools they are and go vegan and not wear fur coat and not have pets than fine i dont care. But since they shove theyre opinion down others throat that pisses me off.

Thanks

JUST WONDERFUL!!!! has now decided that tortoises are bad pets and should banned as they are "aggressive". They might as well add in that goldfish are aggresive bloodthirsty monsters.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Browning View Post
    JUST WONDERFUL!!!! has now decided that tortoises are bad pets and should banned as they are "aggressive". They might as well add in that goldfish are aggresive bloodthirsty monsters.
    I dunno about you but my betta fish was pretty intense .

the other day we were being harassed at a train station by a peta member with a bunch of flyers. She kept asking 'do you love animals? do you love animals?' and when we ignored her she gave us a dirty glare like she was putting a curse on us and muttered under her breath as she walked away. I've adopted and rescued/rehomed plenty of different animals and given them great homes; i don't think I need some angry fanatic who probably doesn't even like most of the animals I own telling me her BS. Besides the fact that their entire organization is corrupt, they need to learn that they'll attract more bees with honey rather than angry and rude behavior.
    0.1 normal - Constantine, 0.1 Spider - Lilu
    3.0 doggies -Charlie (rottweiler), Luke (golden retriever), Dallas (german shepherd)
    1.0 Betta fish - Norris
    1.0 Rat - Forrest (R.I.P Mook and Milo)
    1.0 frenchman

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast