Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,059

3 members and 3,056 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Peta

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Browning View Post
    and now they claim all amphibians are "dangerous" really? Amphibians dangerous? what the **** PETA.
    I would LOVE to hear the reasoning behind that one!

Thanks

Re: Down with peta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason behind it is that frogs are bloodthirsty monsters. Didnt you know?
    Lol

Thanks

Well, duh, amphibians are the most blood thirsty of all the animal kingdom!

Just look at my pacman frog! Every day of my life he lets me live I thank my lucky stars!

In all seriousness though, I sort of assumed the 'danger' from amphibians meant the whole nasty bacteria or viruses or whatever they have been dealing with that has killed off wild populations and stuff, but if they mean just dangerous to your life...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to purplemuffin For This Useful Post:

Carlene16 (06-06-2011),Cendalla (03-21-2011),hoax (03-31-2011)

Thanks

Danger

no the virus has been out for a wail what they claim is that they are life threatening to people.
    FACT: people who responsibly own HOT animals are more likely to die in a car crash or out of food poisoning. so before you worry about evil frogs worry about car safety and food safety and fire safety and lightning safety and of course the biggest threat PETA I'm more afraid of them then any other group of people.

Thanks

I agree, peta is one of the most hypocritical and, frankly, annoying groups out there. Back when I was twelve and became vegetarian, I thought peta was the best thing since flush toilets. Then I found out more about what they do and how freaking psycho they and their followers are (for the record I was never one of them, I was in it for the free stickers) and have been trying to remove those stupid stickers from what I've stuck them on ever since.

Even though I can't stand peta, I'm still vegetarian because I always had my own reasons. Peta never influenced my decision to be veg (i started before I had known about them). I'm glad that someone made this thread about peta, I just hope it doesn't become an attack on the real vegetarians/vegans who have their own minds and their own reasoning behind their choices.
    1.0 Normal - Maynard
    1.0 POG - Victor
    0.1 YB - Diana

0.1 Pastel Boa - Astrid
    1.0 Salmon Boa -

1.1 Leopard Geckos

0.3.2 Inverts

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexandra V For This Useful Post:

Anya (06-21-2011),darkbloodwyvern (06-19-2011)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I have plenty vegetarian friends who are that way for whatever reasons. None of them PETA related. A few of them just don't like meat much! I do like to consider things like whether animals are happy as pets or whether we may be changing their lives by owning and breeding them, but slaughtering animals and people, ruining property and causing harm to wild populations is not the way to disagree with domestication and animal testing. When PETA 'fighters' release domestic fur minks into the wild, all those mink will die of starvation or be eaten by wild animals. If there are enough of them to cause a population increase in the predator species that eat mink, THEY ARE EVEN SCREWING UP THE NATURAL ECOSYSTEM OF THAT AREA!!! And what if some of those released mink have screwed up genes from being bred on a fur farm? If they breed with native animals, they could be messing up the local population as well. It's not likely to make the locals go extinct, but it certainly isn't helpful!
    1.0 Het Piebald (Lycaeus)
    1.0 Spider (V "Fawkes")
    0.1 Piebald (Fia)
    0.2 Pastel (Chalcomede & Daeneyrs "Dany")
    0.1 orangebelly (Secha "Veruca Salt")

R.I.P my babies
    Texas luecistic ratsnake (Ripley) 0.1
    Ball Python (Ariadne) 0.1
    Ball Python (Montreal) 1.0

9. The Following User Says Thank You to darkbloodwyvern For This Useful Post:

Alexandra V (03-13-2011)

Thanks

Exatly

i, myself am a former vegatarian, and everyone hated me because of PETA.

Thanks
    I know plenty of vegans and vegetarians. I like to eat vegetarian meals, but I like to eat meat as well. It's a personal choice. Has nothing to do with PETA. I DO know vegetarians who are that way because of PETA though, Yuck, they are going to drive me up the walls crazy.

My biggest pet peeve..no, I can't pick just one... So my biggest pet peeves of PETA... is how much they lie to their own members--We're here because we love pets and cute animals!! Right? No. Say that to the hundreds that die in their walls every year. I know people who surrendered healthy, happy animals to PETA because they were moving and couldn't take their animals--they figured PETA would take the best care of their puppies better than the kill shelters they protested. What did PETA do? Killed her dogs. The animals that die there aren't just the abused ones--or at least abused by our standards. Apparently just being in contact with humans is abuse. So much for loving pets, argh.

My other problem? The scare tactics with children. Standing outside theaters when kids movies open, handing out fliers with puppies on the front, and slaughtered animals on the inside. Handing these out to young, young kids. That's just messed up. Or their whole comic about dads murdering fish.

These comics are awful. It caused a lot of trauma to a lot of young kids. On the inside of the fish one it says "Until your daddy realizes it's not 'fun' to kill, keep your doggies and kitties away from them. He's so hooked on killing defenseless animals they could be next!!!"

I don't think anyone here has to mention all the extreme borderline(or completely) illegal acts members have committed. Sad that so few people know the truth.

Thanks
    I think things tend to get too black and white with peta views. a lot of Anti-Peta members think all Peta members are this crazy. A lot of Peta members think all anti peta members are nasty, animal hating meat eaters! Biggest things I see in these arguments in the past: Peta members believe anyone against them think animals should be mistreated and abused and eaten--not the case, plenty of anti-peta vegetarians out there. And no one really wants animals to be abused. Peta members also believe people against them are lazy and 'at least they are doing something'--but really, what ARE they doing? radical attacks that end up causing more harm than good. So what do you do to help animals??

This is easy. Again, the answer is education! People need to KNOW what exactly they are supporting, and I don't think you need a violent organization like this to do what the average peta supporter wants to do--help animals. Donate to local shelters, get your animals spayed and neutered, do stuff yourself, and do your own research. If you choose to eat meat, try to buy from humane companies.

Not all companionship with humans is bad. If we want to liberate all animals, what about the animals that would otherwise be extinct? What do we do with Betta Splendens--a species that does not exist in the wild. Kill them all? Sounds like Peta's answer. And with the ever growing spread of human population, sadly, even more animals will soon rely on humans for survival due to loss of habitat. Is it better to let them suffer and die in what is left of a destroyed environment, or do our best to give them a comfortable life in the best conditions possible... Our animals may not have the miles to roam around they would, but we give them exercise.. They also don't have to deal with predators, and we heal their diseases and wounds!

I don't think the world is perfect or is caring for animals right as it is. But PETA isn't the answer. Instead of total release of all animals into the wild/death to those that won't survive... It's all about educating people on more humane ways to treat animals. With science growing so exponentially, things are getting cheaper. What before was not possible due to money, companies can now do to make their animals more comfortable. I know when I buy f/t for my snakes, I try to buy from companies who treat their rats like beloved pets, clean, well fed, given fresh water, all that.. I think I can ask the same of those I buy my own meat from. and I don't need to throw buckets of blood on people to do it, lol!
    Last edited by purplemuffin; 03-13-2011 at 10:54 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to purplemuffin For This Useful Post:

Anya (06-21-2011),llovelace (03-14-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
    I think things tend to get too black and white with peta views. a lot of Anti-Peta members think all Peta members are this crazy. A lot of Peta members think all anti peta members are nasty, animal hating meat eaters! Biggest things I see in these arguments in the past: Peta members believe anyone against them think animals should be mistreated and abused and eaten--not the case, plenty of anti-peta vegetarians out there. And no one really wants animals to be abused. Peta members also believe people against them are lazy and 'at least they are doing something'--but really, what ARE they doing? radical attacks that end up causing more harm than good. So what do you do to help animals??

This is easy. Again, the answer is education! People need to KNOW what exactly they are supporting, and I don't think you need a violent organization like this to do what the average peta supporter wants to do--help animals. Donate to local shelters, get your animals spayed and neutered, do stuff yourself, and do your own research. If you choose to eat meat, try to buy from humane companies.

Not all companionship with humans is bad. If we want to liberate all animals, what about the animals that would otherwise be extinct? What do we do with Betta Splendens--a species that does not exist in the wild. Kill them all? Sounds like Peta's answer. And with the ever growing spread of human population, sadly, even more animals will soon rely on humans for survival due to loss of habitat. Is it better to let them suffer and die in what is left of a destroyed environment, or do our best to give them a comfortable life in the best conditions possible... Our animals may not have the miles to roam around they would, but we give them exercise.. They also don't have to deal with predators, and we heal their diseases and wounds!

I don't think the world is perfect or is caring for animals right as it is. But PETA isn't the answer. Instead of total release of all animals into the wild/death to those that won't survive... It's all about educating people on more humane ways to treat animals. With science growing so exponentially, things are getting cheaper. What before was not possible due to money, companies can now do to make their animals more comfortable. I know when I buy f/t for my snakes, I try to buy from companies who treat their rats like beloved pets, clean, well fed, given fresh water, all that.. I think I can ask the same of those I buy my own meat from. and I don't need to throw buckets of blood on people to do it, lol!
    See, the thing is is that PETA essentially is very large eco-terrorism group. what i dont get is why would a AR group knowingly kill animals? since they do that it makes me wonder what there real cause is.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast