Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,849

1 members and 1,848 guests
Gio,
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Just a thank you to everyone here!!

I just wanted to give a quick thank you to everyone on this site. Everyone is so incredibly helpful and friendly here. I purchased my very first snake, a ball python in July and ever since I found this site I've been so thankful for it! Its just really great to know that there is somewhere to come where there are knowledgeable people that can offer some help and advice.

Over the weekend I was at the Hamburg Reptile Expo in PA and over heard a teenage kid and his mom asking a seller about ball python care. All he said to them was "well just go online and google ball python care and you'll find what you need". I was a little taken back by this, because in my opinion a seller should offer up advice and care instructions for a ball they are selling. So I leaned over and said "When I got my first ball python I found this amazing site, ball-pythons.net and it has helped me through everything, if you're going to go online for info, go there!" The kid was very thankful.

Again, thanks for everything to the community of BP.net!!

Robyn
    1.0 Normal Ball Python Irwin
    0.0.1 Harlequin/Partial Pinstripe Crested Gecko Twix
    0.1 Dog Rubie
    1.1 Cat Flash, Mouse
    1.0 Fiance Levi

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Brstin2flames For This Useful Post:

Anya (10-17-2013),dr del (02-28-2011),Holtgards (10-17-2013),JLC (02-28-2011),muddoc (03-01-2011),rabernet (02-28-2011),satomi325 (10-17-2013),Stewart_Reptiles (02-28-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Just a thank you to everyone here!!

Thank you for the referral to the site! It's always nice to hear that we've helped new keepers!

Thanks

Question Found my lost python today

I'm new to this site so don't know how to post my own stuff yet but this may my ball python got out of his cage only 6 months old and went in a hole in my house thought he was gone for sure and well today he came out from under my house bigger then when he left he looks healthy and seams fine do you guys think I should take him to the vet or do you think he will be fine?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts

Re: Found my lost python today

I'm glad you were able to find this forum helpful!
    Keep coming back and share your snakes more!

Quote Originally Posted by Melkiefert View Post
    I'm new to this site so don't know how to post my own stuff yet but this may my ball python got out of his cage only 6 months old and went in a hole in my house thought he was gone for sure and well today he came out from under my house bigger then when he left he looks healthy and seams fine do you guys think I should take him to the vet or do you think he will be fine?
    I would take him to the vet to get him dewormed at the very least. It sounds like he's been feeding well on the native rodents. Those rodents are most likely carrying parasites, so it's always important to rid your animal of internal and external parasites.

And check him for respiratory illness. It's getting pretty cold these days, so being from Africa, our Falls are rather chilly in comparison.
    Last edited by satomi325; 10-17-2013 at 10:19 PM.