Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 490

0 members and 490 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

She Still Looks Hungry

Just fed my female Bull her second meal and she ate like a champ. I get the feeling she isn't satisfied though. Shes not very thick yet at only 2.5 feet shes about as fat around as a sharpie marker, I fed her one hopper mouse and it was gone in about 2-3 min after which shes all over her enclosure, head up ,tongue flicking, she just looks like shes searching for more. I'm feeding her one hopper twice a week(Saturday and Tuesday). Should I be giving her more?

Thanks

Re: She Still Looks Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by beaglegod View Post
    Just fed my female Bull her second meal and she ate like a champ. I get the feeling she isn't satisfied though. Shes not very thick yet at only 2.5 feet shes about as fat around as a sharpie marker, I fed her one hopper mouse and it was gone in about 2-3 min after which shes all over her enclosure, head up ,tongue flicking, she just looks like shes searching for more. I'm feeding her one hopper twice a week(Saturday and Tuesday). Should I be giving her more?
    I Started Feeding My Ball Python Hoppers Twice A Week And I Noticed He Wasnt Gaining Any Weight So I Talked To Some Breeders And Told Me To Feed Him Rat Pups. Mice And Rats Are Very Different, Mice Dont Carry A Lot Of Fat But Rats Do. Let's Say You Have An Adult Ball Python Feeding On Mice You Will Have To Feed It More Than One Mice To Fill Him Up. Now With Rats You Will Only Feed Once Instead Of Multiple Mice And Its Way Cheaper. You Can Go To The TheMouseFactory.com For Comparisons Or You Can Go To RodentPro.com It Will Be Helpful If You Post Pictures Of Your BP.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LegitProblem For This Useful Post:

beaglegod (03-01-2011)

Thanks
    I agree, at 2.5 feet, your bull can probably handle a rat pup or even a fuzzie.
    "There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination....

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I'm not sure if bulls are anything like northern pine snakes (pituophis) in the eating department, but my pine snake will eat until I stop feeding him, which is a dangerous thing if you aren't sure what they should be eating.

All I'm saying is don't feed more just because they act like they want more.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fire-eyes For This Useful Post:

beaglegod (03-01-2011)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Well I I finally ordered frozen Fuzzy rats and rat pups from Layne labs ( I highly recommend them by the way).
    I fed her one fuzzy rat yesterday, she polished it off in a few minutes and looked quite satisfied! She wasn't out and about smelling the air for more. I could have sworn I saw a smile on her angry little face.