Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,281

3 members and 3,278 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Grab Bags?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: Grab Bags?

Hi,

No special secret on the timestamp - I was just thinking about the post and it puts the quote in first as soon as you open the reply window.

The fact it took me a while to type it out and correct all the horrible spelling mistakes means you had time to edit it before I hit the "submit reply" button.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    Hi,

No special secret on the timestamp - I was just thinking about the post and it puts the quote in first as soon as you open the reply window.

The fact it took me a while to type it out and correct all the horrible spelling mistakes means you had time to edit it before I hit the "submit reply" button.

dr del

ah ok- thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joe23 View Post
    i just cant stand his "tactics". its not just this add. its so much ive read and heard over the years about ian and josh and outback reptiles.

look at other adds. gravid wc ghost girls with wounds on their backs for 750$.

how long does he have them that he sells em. at least not longer than two month. i think more towards 2 weeks or so.

and then sell it and the poor guy who buys it has the trouble...

so many people got screwed by them- just search the boi on fauna

i just can give anyone the advice to do some research before considdering to buy from them.

@dr del- how could u quote my old text? i mean i edited it at 7:00 and u have the qoute from the old post at 7:22- why?
    This thread is about grab bags and grab bag babies.

If you have an issue with Josh or outback can you take it to the inquiry/feedback section or PMs? I was enjoying peoples responses on the original topic.
    Last edited by cinderbird; 02-22-2011 at 09:40 AM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cinderbird For This Useful Post:

Freakie_frog (02-22-2011),MazAnth (02-24-2011),Stewart_Reptiles (02-23-2011),texanborn (02-23-2011),Twisted Reptiles (02-22-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I just have to add that people should know what they are getting into when they buy WC animals from anyone. It's no secret that they come in from Africa and are immediately sold. That's the WC industry whether you agree with it or not. It goes back to the grab bag gamble. If someone wants to take a chance they can, and if they are too ignorant to research Outback (or any WC distributor), the snake, and where it came from that's their problem.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SlitherinSisters For This Useful Post:

cinderbird (02-22-2011),texanborn (02-23-2011)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SlitherinSisters View Post
    I just have to add that people should know what they are getting into when they buy WC animals from anyone. It's no secret that they come in from Africa and are immediately sold. That's the WC industry whether you agree with it or not. It goes back to the grab bag gamble. If someone wants to take a chance they can, and if they are too ignorant to research Outback (or any WC distributor), the snake, and where it came from that's their problem.
    ure right- thats true most of the time. but i know that many sellers at least sell just snakes that have eaten at least 3 times on their own. they dont sell 3 to 4 days old snakes like the ones in the grab bags...

or they say it and therefore sell em a few bucks cheaper.

i would suggest any newbie not to buy imports- espacially not fresh out of the egg imports that never eaten before.

thats something for people who care for snakes a few days more and know what they doing.
    Last edited by joe23; 02-22-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Thanks

I figure I'll throw in another 2 cents because I kind of think the grab bags are a neat idea. I feel like if someone is naive enough to expect the next new "eye popping" morph in a 10 for $250 bag of ball pythons, they have no touch of reality.
    Last edited by PweEzy; 02-23-2011 at 11:52 AM.
    Paul

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PweEzy View Post
    I figure I'll throw in another 2 cents because I kind of think the grab bags are a neat idea. I feel like if someone is naive enough to expect the next new "eye popping" morph in a 10 for $250 bag of ball pythons, they have no touch of reality.
    Agreed. You're probably better off buying a lottery ticket and making money than off those grab bags. But if you want to do it for fun and don't mind losing money, it would be kind of neat (for someone else's time and money).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234