Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,221

1 members and 3,220 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

2 new pick ups. one disappointing

Someone gave me their snake, free of course. They said they had the snake for 6 years and needed a better home becuase ever since they had a baby, the snake was neglected. I was expecting a long snake if it was indeed 6 years. not even fat but at least somewhat thick. i saw the snake and she has stuck shed all over her. I weighed her and she is 547 Grams. 6 year old snake is not supposed to be that low. i popped and she is a she. at least i think but i will double check later. She is on small rats and was fed once every 2 weeks.

I took her a nice bath to get all her shed off, She was not scared and she kept flickering her tongue really often which made me happy. She even let me touch her head and rub her chin.I looked inside her mouth for any respiratory infection but nothing, i am still going to keep her temps high just in case. No mites from what i have seen. She looks and feels as thin as my 8 month old ball pythons.

I put her in her new home and she didn't even go inside her hide, she has not even coiled up, so i put her head in the hide in hopes she would go in. 20 min later she stayed in the same spot i put her. So i coiled her body and placed the hide on top of her. Poor thing.

Well, this is not a BP but my V day gift that i found in my chocolates. ^_^ her name is squigglette!
    Then I'm tiny like a door mouse
    Short like a bungalow house
    Minute like a pixie
    You can barely even see me

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkeye714 For This Useful Post:

angllady2 (02-16-2011)

Thanks

Re: 2 new pick ups. one disappointing

Well, it's always good to see when a neglected snake gets taken in by someone who knows how to properly care for them. And I think she's a beaut!! Love the blushing on her head!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pinkeye714 View Post

Well, this is not a BP but my V day gift that i found in my chocolates. ^_^ her name is squigglette!
    I love the fact that you found her in a box of chocolates That is darling! LOL!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to texanborn For This Useful Post:

pinkeye714 (02-16-2011)

Thanks

Oh poor girl. She looked so itchy. You probably made her feel so much better and she will appreciate that.
    I love the little chocolates snake, fun!
    1.2 het pied ball pythons, Hoyt, Suzanna & Rayne
    1.0 Hog Island boa, Dax
    1.0 albino ball python, Marty
    1.0 poodle, Vegas
    2.0 guinea pigs, Ralphie and Randy

Thanks
    Her close up picture looks like she's so much relief from what she've been through. And the idea of havin a snake inside a box of chocolate, so unique! Hope my gf knew that trick. LOL

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinoy Pythons For This Useful Post:

pinkeye714 (02-16-2011)

Thanks

Aw, poor baby! That's horrible... Thank you for taking her in.
    On the other hand, good looking Snow! I also have a baby snow, I got her from a reptile rescue when she was just a tiny little noodle...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PrettyInInk87 For This Useful Post:

pinkeye714 (02-16-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Looks like she cleaned up really nice. If that is, indeed a female, then I believe the original owner was lying about at least one of the two facts he gave about her. Either she is nowhere near 6 years old...or she has NOT been eating "small rats every two weeks". While that may not be as frequent as many of us choose to feed, that's hardly a starvation diet either. Eating at that rate for six years, she should be fully matured and nicely rounded. OR...it really is a male on the small side...who still probably hasn't been eating a small rat every two weeks because even a male would still be more filled out and a little heftier after six years.

VERY cute idea with the wee little noodle in the chocolate! My husband would never think of anything like that in a million years!
    -- Judy

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

pinkeye714 (02-16-2011)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good for you to have rescue this snake, if this animal is really 6 years old and was fed every 2 weeks she should be a lot bigger.

Either the age or the feeding size and frequency are wrong, either way I would still recommend to have a fecal done just in case there is something else going on as well.
    Deborah Stewart

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

pinkeye714 (02-16-2011)

Thanks
    Nice rescue. I'm sure she is going to be much happier with you. She looks good after the shed was taken off.
    1.0 banana spider
    0.1 cinnamon poss het orange ghost
    0.1 cinnamon champagne poss pinstripe 50% het hypo

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mephys For This Useful Post:

pinkeye714 (02-16-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    Looks like she cleaned up really nice. If that is, indeed a female, then I believe the original owner was lying about at least one of the two facts he gave about her. Either she is nowhere near 6 years old...or she has NOT been eating "small rats every two weeks". While that may not be as frequent as many of us choose to feed, that's hardly a starvation diet either. Eating at that rate for six years, she should be fully matured and nicely rounded. OR...it really is a male on the small side...who still probably hasn't been eating a small rat every two weeks because even a male would still be more filled out and a little heftier after six years.

VERY cute idea with the wee little noodle in the chocolate! My husband would never think of anything like that in a million years!
    I honestly think they are lying about the age. I asked them 3 times about her age. They said a co worker owned her, then they took it in. The co worker owned her for almost a year and they owner her for 5 years. it would have been wonderful to have a 6 year old female in my hands though. Also, she said everything she did for the snake was followed by what a pet store said. she said she did not want to power feed the snake and feed it once a week because she outgrew her cage. how is that even possible!

Oh yeah, it was cute. It was truffles and the snake was hidden in the logo of the chocolates so when he gave me the box she would not get hit by the rolling candy.
    Then I'm tiny like a door mouse
    Short like a bungalow house
    Minute like a pixie
    You can barely even see me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast