Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 888

0 members and 888 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Yay! Chameleons!

Quote Originally Posted by BPelizabeth View Post
    they are just so awesome.....I love the one of your girl being cranky....lol
    Thank you, she's just a pissy one and has already bit me multiple times. I'm lucky she's not a big girl yet. My male is just a shy little guy and will only try to bite ocassionally. These 2 keep be busy with all of the care they need.

Thanks

A video of my little dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r128OfRZEfk

Thanks

Sahuarita, AZ...about 30 miles SW of Tucson
    Thanks
    I love it! Thank you so much!!! Yea...ya know they crack me up when they are such boogers! George tries this and I just take him out and kiss him.....lol

He is slowly getting the message....although he did get me on the lip once.....lol...clearly my fault!!!

Its amazing how resiliant they are. I thought they were so so fragile but I am finding he is quite tough. Maybe its just mine or I am very lucky....but he is a healthy man that is growing like a weed.
    Michelle
    Lets just say it has advanced to ....way too much to list

Thanks

I love it! Thank you so much!!! Yea...ya know they crack me up when they are such boogers! George tries this and I just take him out and kiss him.....lol

He is slowly getting the message....although he did get me on the lip once.....lol...clearly my fault!!!

Its amazing how resiliant they are. I thought they were so so fragile but I am finding he is quite tough. Maybe its just mine or I am very lucky....but he is a healthy man that is growing like a weed.
    Haha! Yes they can pack a good bite, have you seen their CHOMPERS? They can be tough little guys but at the same time they can be very sensitive and go down hill fast. I lost my first Cham after only having him for 3 days. I had no idea he was sick... Anyway, now I have these 2 and they are as healthy as can be.

Thanks
    Those panthers are amazing. I love the chams I just don't have time for the big ones. A few years ago I did pick these little bearded Pygmy chams up at the Manchester, NH expo. They are the cutest little things. Every year I get a clutch of 4 little baby's when the hatch they are the size of my pinky nail. I have to have them climb up onto a paintbrush bc I'm scared I'll break them. They are just so tiny.
    Mom

and baby!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Homegrownscales For This Useful Post:

BPelizabeth (02-16-2011)

Thanks

Oh so cute! I LOVE Pygmies but just have no idea as to how to put a good tank together. I always see them well planted and look so nice... I wouldn't be able to do that.

Thanks
    You are NOT kidding with they pack a bite....that is what he did right on my lip. Score one for the george....lol

Hey Pretty....any tell tale signs of "going down hill"? Might be nice to have this on here as I myself have no clue. He looks healthy...eats like a pig and drinks like crazy!! He just did another shed and poor lil man....he was just miserable!!
    Michelle

Thanks

You are NOT kidding with they pack a bite....that is what he did right on my lip. Score one for the george....lol

Hey Pretty....any tell tale signs of "going down hill"? Might be nice to have this on here as I myself have no clue. He looks healthy...eats like a pig and drinks like crazy!! He just did another shed and poor lil man....he was just miserable!!
    Visually, you might look for sunken in eyes which mean dehydration as well as orange urates indicate dehydration. I nice healthy poop is always good! Sleeping during the day is ALWAYS a bad thing. Weak grip, not eating or drinking... That's all I can think of right now.

Do you have a Chameleon Forums account? LOTS of great people there to share advice and inforamation.

Thanks
    nope but I will look into it definetly! He just went through a shed and has been drinking water like a madman. I am sure its because of the shed. He eats a boat load! lol Poo seems to be fine. I was just a little worried as his water intake has doubled! (maybe as his belly has doubled....lol)

I am going to order one of the drippers for him. Right now I typically just spray the top really well about 5 times a day so that the it creates water droplets for him. Then spray the leaves a bit.

Question.....is there any benefit to putting live plants as opposed to fake?
    Michelle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast