Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,175

2 members and 2,173 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

BJJ got me into snakes...

I saw this thread and had to post! Yes, BJJ got me into ball pythons believe it or not. I've been training for just over a year. Sadly, I tore my labrum in December and had the surgery to repair it a month ago. I was devastated not being on the mats. (I was training 2x a day and 6 days a week). I realize now this was way too much but I was loving it. Romulo Barral did a seminar at my school and told me to focus on something to take my mind off bjj and do something productive. It seems he has had to go through the same injury I have. As i was sitting around with my arm in a sling, I randomly saw a picture of an albino ball python on the internet. I've had a kenyan sand boa since I was 10, and a wild caught ball python that died of and RI. I valiantly gave him injections. my parents would never let me get any pythons. (No matter how much I begged for the 7 ft albino burm at the pet store I used to play with ever week.) With nothing but time, I looked into albinos and other morphs of ball pythons...I was hooked. I didn't care about the money, I had to get into this. I did a lot of research on what I wanted, got settled at my new University and in my new apartment, ordered my collection, (thanks you federal grants) and now I'm here with five baby ball pythons. I'm sure to my spoiled sand boa's dismay.

Anyway, getting back into my childhood passion is helping me cope with the months I have to endure without martial arts....and its hard. Every time they eat I think of doing an RNC

Thanks for reading!

-Tommy

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts
    That's cool that it got you into snakes and I am sorry to hear that you currently can not train. I know how hard it is on a person who likes to train but can not. Hope you have a quick and full recovery from your surgery
    Jeff Bernard