Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,240

2 members and 3,238 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Can You Pick Out the Het Albino?

Don't worry, this one will be easy

He's technically a double het albino pied and those are his het pied girl friends

I have heard/read that het albinos tend to be brighter than other hets (het pieds to be specific). I noticed that my little double het has been lighter than the girls for awhile, but I could never capture it in a picture before. I'd say my camera is definitely able to capture the difference now! I believe they are August babies, so it took awhile for him to lighten up to the point of definitely being lighter than the average normal. Anyone else experience this, or is this just like the pied markers, they can be indicative of a het or a normal. These guys are all 100% hets, so I'm not questioning if they are hets, I'm just curious.

Since I had them out for pictures, I of course couldn't resist taking a few more pics First up: my '10 girls, can't wait to start breeding them!

Graziani, just starting to go into shed, but still worthy of a picture

Mojave, her blushing is getting out of control!

Pinstripe, for Joesph I know you love her, if I could I'd send a baby of hers your way. We'll have to see about those out of the country shipping fees

Her stripe always messes up my camera, this one is a bit better, but not much

And some breeding pics, nothing too exciting this year, but I'm pretty excited none the less!

You would think I don't give my snakes bedding

Spider deep in shed

I had the pastel in with her for a couple days, nothing, put the spider in with her today, still not impressed-she's usually loves him. She started refusing the male same time last year so I'm taking this as a good sign! According to last year her ov should have been the end of February, I'm keeping a close eye out! Hopefully I won't miss it this year I really want to see it!
    Last edited by SlitherinSisters; 02-07-2011 at 08:02 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SlitherinSisters For This Useful Post:

Pinoy Pythons (02-08-2011)

Thanks
    Thanks for sharing

I really like that pinstripe! She's really pretty
    0.1 Pastel
    0.1 Normal
    1.0 Spider

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DZ Reptiles For This Useful Post:

SlitherinSisters (02-07-2011)

Thanks
    I don't have any het albinos to compare with my other hets, but yours sure looks lighter than your other het pieds.
    - Dave Harms - www.wax32.com | Pinstripe, Yellow Belly, Sulfur, Cinnamon ph G-Stripe, Pastel het Hypo | Pastel, Fire, Albino, Mojave, Lesser Platinum ph G-Stripe, Pastel ph G-Stripe, het G-Stripe, het Hypo, het Piebald, Pastel Yellowbelly

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Re: Can You Pick Out the Het Albino?

Very nice
    Joe Haggard

7. The Following User Says Thank You to joepythons For This Useful Post:

They call me Emilius LOL Emilio's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 1,004 Posts

While I only have one Het albino at the moment she fits your description of being a very light high gold animal.

Good luck with your pairings Steph I love your pin.
    Absolutely obsessed with ball pythons!

http://www.facebook.com/VillarinoReptiles?ref=hl

Villarino reptiles Morph market

Contacts

Villarinoreptiles@gmail.com
    Or tex 7868774281

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Emilio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts
    i'm gona guess the bottom left

edit: oh i see u already said which is ur double het =p.... poopie!!

btw ur spider is still one of my favorites!!! but now that i see ur pinstripe! insane!!
    Last edited by h00blah; 02-08-2011 at 12:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks
    Is the one on top the het albino? I also noticed the same thing w/ my het albino. Plus they tend to have a jungle pattern compared to other hets.

I do really love that pin of yours. Send me one pls pls pls! Thanks for the update. Imagine pairing the pin w/ the mojo, I bet you'll produce wicked lookin jigsaws!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,036 Times in 2,147 Posts

Pattern is dictated by whatever pattern the parents throw, I don't think being a het dictates it has a certain kind of pattern.
    I was told that many to most het albinos have their aliens trimmed in white instead of yellow, not sure it's true but mine certainly follows that theory.
    Mine is really high white around the aliens.

Jerry Robertson

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wax32 View Post
    I don't have any het albinos to compare with my other hets, but yours sure looks lighter than your other het pieds.
    Yeah it's weird. His babies are only going to be 66% hets, I'm debating holding back females that look different to see if they lighten up and take a chance on them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio View Post
    While I only have one Het albino at the moment she fits your description of being a very light high gold animal.

Good luck with your pairings Steph I love your pin.
    I'm glad to hear others have noticed the same thing! Thank you and thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by h00blah View Post
    i'm gona guess the bottom left

edit: oh i see u already said which is ur double het =p.... poopie!!

btw ur spider is still one of my favorites!!! but now that i see ur pinstripe! insane!!
    Lol, yep sorry I am really partial to that spider! He's pretty sweet and holding on to his gold dorsal stripe pretty well. I hope I get some nice looking girls from him this year I'm pretty happy with that pin too!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy Pythons View Post
    Is the one on top the het albino? I also noticed the same thing w/ my het albino. Plus they tend to have a jungle pattern compared to other hets.

I do really love that pin of yours. Send me one pls pls pls! Thanks for the update. Imagine pairing the pin w/ the mojo, I bet you'll produce wicked lookin jigsaws!
    Yep I noticed that his pattern is pretty jungley compared to the girls. Like I said before, I might have to keep an eye out for that too when I'm thinking of hold backs. Those shipping fees are out of control, maybe they will drop in a couple years when she has babies And that's exactly what I got that girl for, breeding to the mojo! I'm super excited!

Quote Originally Posted by snakesRkewl View Post
    Pattern is dictated by whatever pattern the parents throw, I don't think being a het dictates it has a certain kind of pattern.
    I was told that many to most het albinos have their aliens trimmed in white instead of yellow, not sure it's true but mine certainly follows that theory.
    Mine is really high white around the aliens.
    He does have a lot of white edging! I suppose my guy has that too, but so do the het pied girls. I wish hets were more obvious, but then that would be too easy
    Last edited by SlitherinSisters; 02-08-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Thanks
    My 100% het albino girl is light gold with the white outline but my other het albino girl is very dark with only white around the alien heads, it will be interesting to see this year if they both take, and if the both produce albinos
    DC Reptiles.com coming soon....